Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marsha, I love your cards...especially the second one. Your button friends are going to cherish them.

Thank you for looking at my shop. I just joined Etsy and have also joined two teams and put up a Facebook page, so have been busy promoting. I hadn't heard of the Etsy Card so will have to look it up. Thank you for the suggestion. I am also looking at pinterest. I started piecing the second Irish Chain lap quilt yesterday. It will be blue where the other was a red/orange. This one is looking so pretty even in pieces. Lots of work to do. I have been going through my stash fabrics and see at least four more lap quilts to plan.

Lois

I have been having so much fun promoting my etsy shop. Haven't sold any items, but traffic to my little shop is growing every day and I am having fun with it. It is amazing the responses I'm getting from other shop owners.

I am working on another Flirt lap quilt only this one will have blue blocks instead of the red/orange blocks. It is looking so sweet! I have the small blocks all pieced now just to add borders, sandwich, quilt and bind. Can't wait to see it done!

Starting to plan another lap quilt, but having a hard time deciding which fabrics to use.

I am also organizing all my notes and diagrams and worksheets on quilts, handbags, and jewelry. I should have done this from the start. Now I'm hoping that once done, everything will be where I can find it.

Hope y'all are having a good productive day! And please share what you are working on.

Lois

My neighbor gave me an old drawer. I wanted to use it as a shadowbox for a dollhouse piano, but it needed to be resized. I got it all taken apart but had to wait for the table saw for the cuts. My husband dislikes old stuff, so it was really funny to watch him cutting it down on the table saw. He was measuring the rotten plywood like a rocket scientist. But it came together nicely and I had fun papering it with pages from a 1909 Woman's Home Companion magazine. I really like the old layered paint on the drawer front. Now I plan to make a wee music book or two, and possiblly "hang" some pretty metal or pearl buttons on the wall like pictures. Any other ideas to furnish my little room?

www.cassphoto.com/pianodrawer.jpg

Also been using my new sewing machine a lot. I've become practically addicted to making buttonholes! They are so easy and fun. I'm making herb bags out of vintage linens and using old buttons on them. Lemon verbena is lush now in my garden. Nice to tuck into the herb bags. I think I will try offering some in my etsy shop.

Very neat, Marsha, you have way more patience than I to work with something so small and intricate.

So cute! I can see an old yeller dog curled up next to your piano. Or an umbrella stand in far corner.

Love it!

Lois

Hope everyone is finding a little time to work on their creations.

I am finishing up a lap quilt...it should be done Sunday if all goes as planned. Now I'm starting to look around for another project to start.

Lois

Finished! This one fought me today, almost gave in; but I kept at it and learned from it.

IrishChainQuilt1.jpg

IrishChainQuilt5.jpg

It is 41 inches wide and 51 inches long. Very similar to the one I made my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.

I make a lot about that size, its a perfect size in my opinion; large enough to be a lap quilt, but small enough I can get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

Yes, I agree chandab. And it still fits all rolled up in that little throat area in the sewing machine. It must be nice to have a long-arm sewing machine....and while I'm dreaming, a computerized long-arm machine with a frame would be wonderful.

I don't have a true long-arm, but did get a Juki several years ago, straight stitch only, but it has a larger harp, so I can stuff a bit more quilt through. No room for a frame, so I just roll and stuff and mostly do straight-line quilting (stitch in the ditch and grid work).

I had been working on a counted cross stitch last Fall but we adopted some crazy cats LOL. So threads are out of the question right now!

I guess I need to post things I've done. I just don't want to be a board piggy since I do so many things
default_blush.png
Oh, go ahead and post things you've done! Love to see your latest sculptures.

LOL! Now that's cute!!! I can see a cute little girl bopping around and those little pigtails bopping with her!! LOL! I Love it!!

Charley, how cute is that hat??? I can just see the pigtails bouncing up and down.

Um.....you don't make them in adult sizes, do you? (Just curious) LOL

Thank you for the compliments.

I am making one smaller right now. And Emmy's and Ellie's will be larger. Adult sizes would be no problem. Just a larger hat with longer ponytails.

My neighbor gave me an old drawer. I wanted to use it as a shadowbox for a dollhouse piano, but it needed to be resized. I got it all taken apart but had to wait for the table saw for the cuts. My husband dislikes old stuff, so it was really funny to watch him cutting it down on the table saw. He was measuring the rotten plywood like a rocket scientist. But it came together nicely and I had fun papering it with pages from a 1909 Woman's Home Companion magazine. I really like the old layered paint on the drawer front. Now I plan to make a wee music book or two, and possiblly "hang" some pretty metal or pearl buttons on the wall like pictures. Any other ideas to furnish my little room?

www.cassphoto.com/pianodrawer.jpg

Also been using my new sewing machine a lot. I've become practically addicted to making buttonholes! They are so easy and fun. I'm making herb bags out of vintage linens and using old buttons on them. Lemon verbena is lush now in my garden. Nice to tuck into the herb bags. I think I will try offering some in my etsy shop.
Cool Marsha! I think it needs a stool, a cat and a plant!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back