Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not sculpted any thing recently. I hope to soon. I kind of have to get a spark of inspiration to get in a zone.

I did finish 5 of those wing-heart photo frames! And I hear tell grandkid photos will go in them!
default_smile.png

I've been making show bows! Tis the season! I have 3 new colors now! (thrilled!) Pink, Rose & lime!

I've been filling a few orders (all totally hand made)

I'm mulling over what I'd like to do next. Need to get my rear in gear!

I went and made an adult size hat with loops for bangs and braids. Think my daughter will like it.

CabbagePatchHatAdult.jpg

Ya'll are so talented. What little talent and desire to craft left me long ago...but today I went in Michael's Craft Store for popsicle sticks and came out with some little choker necklaces called Silkies. They are in bright colors and feel like they are made of silicon. There is no metal on them. If the metal touching my neck is not gold I break out. Anyway, they were having a bead sale so I bought some really neat glass jewels and ornamental pendants to string on them. I get oohs and ahs sometimes from the bracelets, scarves, hairbands, and earrings I wear so I am hoping to create some necklaces for myself that won't leave me so naked necked.

I started this in April and lost interest in it for awhile. Came back to it, and I really like how it turned out. It is 44 inches wide and 58 inches long.

BWRHorseQuilt1.jpg

BWRHorseQuilt2.jpg

BWRHorseQuilt3-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautifully done Charley!

I have a metal allergy too Vickie... same problems with Jewelry. DH gave me some fresh water pearls.. 20 years ago, but they are too fancy to wear every day.
Was thinking of making an Amber neckless one of these days. Part of the problem is finding the size and type of Amber I want....

Once you have made yours, posts photos!

You should REO!

And I bet your Bows are beautiful. VBG

Here is what I made my mom for her birthday. It is supposed to be a corgi, hopefully she can tell when I give it to her.
default_unsure.png
It is made from a wire tomato cage, barbed wire and old rusted electric fence wire.

101_1797.JPG

101_1798.JPG

101_1800.JPG

100_9125.JPG

Here is what I made my mom for her birthday. It is supposed to be a corgi, hopefully she can tell when I give it to her.
default_unsure.png
It is made from a wire tomato cage, barbed wire and old rusted electric fence wire.
Oh my gosh you are a wire wizard!

I am making buttons with pictures of my grandchildren on them. I bought some blank metal buttons and tried the clear resin with those. They didn't turn out--the resin is very difficult to work with, I found. So my husband made me buttons out of a dowel. I'm trying to figure out what sealant/fixative will work best. I'm finding many ruin the photo, or the wood grain comes through, or the first coat of sealant looks great but the second looks terrible. Then I found my button hole attachment doesn't make a large enough hole, so he is making a new batch of blanks with thinner cuts of the dowel. It has turned into a complicated experiment. I will need new photos if it takes much longer as the children will have grown too much!

The button project turned out to be very complex. I ended up with my husband cutting some wooden discs and I used modgepodge to attach the photos. Then used acrylic sealer. Little screw eyes for shanks. (I ruined several experimental pieces). The sweater is handwoven shetland wool I purchased in the UK in 1990 for a son. He would not wear it, but I couldn't bear to purge it. (It's been hanging in a closet and followed us on many moves.) So I cut it and made it into a cardigan. The project was a learning experience. I want to try again with the photo buttons and resin. And instead of button holes, I could make loops to use with a larger button.

If I knew how to knit, I could have finished off the sweater with knitted edges, but I had to just use fabric. I wonder what crochet would have looked like? I do know how to crochet....

I think I will wear it, though.

www.cassphoto.com/buttonsweater.jpg

They came out beautiful...so clear and large enough that if I knew the children I could recognize the faces.

I would never have thought about making buttons but I can see that it would be a wonderful way to make unique buttons for special projects. Thanks for sharing!

I finished my last sewing project for awhile. Other things to do...we are moving in a month or two.

I made six small belt loop bags. The top two are for my grandson's to hold their cub scout knives, etc. And the bottom four are diabetes pump bags for my grandson. They all have belt loops on the back of them. The embroidery was done on my embroidery machine.

PumpBags-1.jpg

WOW! I love all the great things you have made! The quilt and bags. I didn't know you had an embroidery machine Lois! I love the artistic way you quilted that quilt.

I could tell that was a Corgi right off!

Your buttons came out wonderfully Marsha.

I did end up making myself a shirt. I'm happy with it. Came out well if you consider I did not have a pattern and it's 100% hand sewn. I'm going to make another one!

Hi Robin...please share a photo of your shirt. Would really like to see it.

I like the lime green color
default_smile.png

Well, I didn't put lining in it so you'd have to forgive seeing it's "innards" lol.

OK I'll upload a pic of it.

Ok. it is not lined. It's not hanging right on the hanger. I sewed it totally by hand and..............

I did not have a pattern!

So be gentle at my first try! It's a cotton gauze I made to be big, loose and comfy
default_smile.png

small.jpg

It has elbow length puffy sleeves
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back