PLEASE PRAY FOR HER

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candleliteranch

Reaction score
My friend Kari just got the call at 3:00 am that a lung is available for her transplant! she has cystic fibrosis and is one of the few to survive it to adulthood. She has a daughter that is 17 yrs old and a wonderful husband. Please pray for a successful surgery for her and strength for her family to see her through this difficult time. Also please pray for the family that lost a loved one so that Kari could have a second chance at life. I'm sitting here with chills typing this as I remember getting my call for transplant. I only got a kidney and pancreas, she's getting a lung! :new_shocked:

Thanks to all that can spare a prayer!
default_smile.png

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: Sending prayers for Kari for a successful operation/transplant. I once knew a young girl (we were just kids then...I was likely around 13 and she was a few years younger) that had CF. I remember her Mom and Dad having to take a trip to Toronto(about 18 hours drive) in their station wagon to pick up a car load of drugs for her. These HUGE bottle(almost like gallon jars!) of pills, and she had to take around 150 pills a day! (about 50 with each meal) I remembered thinking she is probably full after eating all those pills, and no wonder she didn't want to eat! I always felt so sorry fo her, because it was always a battle for her to take her pills and her older brothers would even get mean with her(both parents worked) to try to force her to take them. She would be in tears. That young lady lived into her adulthood too, and I think she passed at sometime in her mid-late 20's. That CF is sure a terrible thing. I hope that since those times, things have imroved greatly for the amount of meds they have to take. That was over 30 years ago. Good Luck to your friend, and hugs to you, as I know how worried you will be for her.

My father had a liver transplant, he is no longer living (did not die from anything connected with his new liver)he had a wonderful 8 years after the transplant with us. Every time I read about a transplant it brings all the old feelings up front----sending lots of strength, physical and mental, to your friend.

Boy is that a tough thing. On one hand I am so happy for her in that she gets a chance to have a better life as far as her breathing goes. On the other hand I am so very sorry for the family of the one that passed away.

But in any event, praying for all involved. Praying that this goes smoothly and that the outcome is much more successful than any hoped for.

Thinking of Kari, her family and friends
default_pray.gif
:

Especially thanks for such a great gift to donate.

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: coming for all involved! i've been so fortunate never to be close to anyone who was waiting for a transplant BUT i am listed as an organ donor! if you read this and you are not, please consider doing so!
default_yes.gif
:

default_yes.gif
: My prayers are there as well for both families! I just thank God for bringing healing and comfort to all. This is such a wonderful gift. A friend back in my home state received a kidney about a week ago. He had been on the waiting list for years!

God bless,

Joan

Sending prayers for Kari, her family and the donor's family.

My prayers are going out to your dear friend, I had 2 transplants 2 years ago and so far so good, my was a liver and a kidney transplant,

[SIZE=12pt]thinking of all involved, those that lost and those who are gaining. life is so complicated. Nikki[/SIZE]

UPDATE ON KARI I got the call today that Kari made it through the surgery and is doing "as well as can be expected" The surgery was supposed to have begun at 10 am but never got started until early evening. Ir was a 9 hour surgery. Please keep the prayers coming. She's got a difficult road to recovery ahead of her.

Thank you all so much for you thoughts and prayers! I truly appreciate them and trust me, so does Kari and her family
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back