RIP Little Remington....you were loved

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely love to have her bred again someday. I am in no hurry though. I don't want to rush to replace Remi, no one could replace him, but I am going to take my time to heal before I start worrying about trying for another foal.

One day it will happen again. I will just enjoy my pictures and memories of him, watch with all of you waiting on your foals, and then down the road when I am ready I will look into it.

It has been an emotional week. Ups and downs, worries and joy, and a lot of tears. But my time with him was worth it. Of course I wish I had more time with him and that he was still here, but my dream came true.

I agree Lizzy needs some time to heal as well. I haven't seen her mourning or looking for him like I have seen goats do. But I do know pregnancy and birth is very hard work and I will take this time bonding with her more and giving her extra love and affection.

Thank you again everyone for your care, understanding and kind words. It is nice to have a place to talk about my feelings about him where people understand.

I think mares know when somethings happened because a foals been poorly. They seem better equipped to handle the emotions. I'm sure she will give you lots of strength to get through it too
default_smile.png

I just read your thread. Made me sad too. I love his name and he was gorgeous! Sounds like everyone did everything they could. Your vet sounds great. Sending you prayers for healing. Love bleeding hearts too.

A picture of my little Remington that one of the vets took right before he came home from the clinic with me the first time he was there. I keep looking at his pictures.

A friend made a beautiful cross with his name on it for his grave. I wish it would let me add more pictures of him, but it keeps telling me they are too big.

FB_IMG_1458845563729.jpg

IMG_1350.JPGcross.jpgMy post may get picture heavy, I guess I have to upload them off of my computer as my phone didn't want to work.

Thank you Ellesan for your offer to make something for me from Remington's hair, I did cut some, but his hair is so short and I didn't get much I am not sure you could make anything out of it.

These 2 pictures are of Lizzy with her son. She was not really pleased with him being around after coming home from the hospital, she would push him around some, but not full on attack him.

The next picture is of the beautiful cross my friend made me for his grave. She was so heartbroken when he passed, she had been looking forward to watching him grow with me, and I know it meant alot for her to make this for him, and I am so thankful.

If I can get anymore on here I would like to share some more pictures. I was getting on here mostly on my phone and I couldn't get the pictures to upload, but he was such a beautiful sweet boy, I only had him for such a short time, but I am proud of my Remington.

First picture here is of Remington, this was him in the hospital, just a few hours after the vet had left my house where he was fine and walking around active, to here where he was unresponsive and barely alive. This was after a few hours of them getting him stable, and after I had gone home to get Lizzy to bring her back to the clinic so they could milk her to feed Remington. 20160317_205733.jpg

The next is of my youngest and I visiting him the next day. He had been more active and just eaten so was really tired. 20160318_120021.jpg

We were getting ready to leave at this visit when he stood up and wanted to walk around. The vet unhooked his IV because he was determined he was walking somewhere. We walked around the clinic with him, even though he looked like he was sleep walking I was so happy to see him up and around after not even able to hold his head up. 20160318_121843.jpg

a few days in the hospital and we were able to bring him home. IMG_1353.JPG

This first picture was of the morning of the day we brought him home. In his padded room, where the vet spent the last couple nights he was in the hospital with him. 20160321_122235.jpg

His first night home. He had been outside playing with the girls. I was unable to find a warm dog jacket for him, so I had my pink one from my goat on him. We brought him in the house his last 2 nights as even though we live in Florida we had frost warnings, and since his mom was not able to be around him unsupervised yet, and he didn't have a warm buddy to cuddle with, he was indoors at night. 20160321_194601.jpg

Lovely pics! He sure got lots of loving and pampering. He knew he was special and loved very much!

What a wonderful legacy of pictures for this precious little one. Remington was so loved, and these pictures show he knew it -- just wanting to be up and walking with you while you were at the vet clinic. These are just precious, and I thank you for sharing these with us. They are simply fabulous!! He was a handsome boy, and we'll all miss watching him grow. But he was wanted elsewhere, and you know he is happily running everywhere now!! A special little angel!!
default_hypocrite.gif

Last edited:
THANKYOU, thank you for sharing your beautiful pics of your boy!!

WOW, you friend made a beautiful cross for him. Hope it's not to macabre to ask if you'll share pics of his memorial when it's finished?

Don't worry that your mare doesn't seem to be missing him much. It's probably better that way - it will allow you time to heal w/o having to deal with issues with her as well. When you are ready to breed her again, she should be just fine (ours was for the next two) though you will want to remember what she was like with her foal and take any precautions in the future if needed. You'd be surprised which/how many memories will soften around the edges over time - while the ones of your Remington will remain strong.

Another Cyber HUG coming your way!

Latest posts

Back