Please help me pick photos from proofs...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disneyhorse

Reaction score
Link to my stallion's proofs

I have been DYING to see what all the fuss was about this "LIZ" photographer... I see her beautiful pictures all the time in the Journal and the AMHA mags... when I found out she was doing a photoshoot locally I had to bring a horse to see what goes on since I've never even been to a professional shoot before.

So, I clipped up my little stallion (in avatar) and brought him down, paid a lot of money that's for sure! So here are the proofs. I already ordered two of them but there are half a dozen others that I'm just not sure about. Sometimes you get a little barn blind, you know? All I see is my pony. A lot of the closeup pictures he seems to be squinting and his eyes are all wrinkly, I don't really care much for that.

By the way, this is a 34" ASPC/AMHR stallion, his name is "Graham's The Big Picture." I bought him from Imagine Farms in MI two winters ago, I sort of bought him to resell but I got really attached to him. He is very mellow and such a sweet little guy. I haven't bred him yet, he's five though. Never had a sweat on him in his life, I like stallions to look a little masculine. Not really looking for ooohs and aaaahhs, just wondering which pictures look the best. I would like to put them on my website.

Thanks!

Andrea

For the headshots I marked down: 2, 9, 11, 15, 23, and 26. I liked the look of 18, but I don't feel like his eye is catching the camera. No "spark" y'know? And I agree about the wrinkled eye--it's sweet if you want a softer picture of a pet, but for your five year old stallion I think you really want to see some machismo.

And then it got into the action shots, and I was second-guessing my headshot choices, because 29 really had the "wow" factor. Also 35 and 37. And 40's a totally different angle than I'm used to seeing in Liz's action shots, but I liked it too.

Guess I didn't help much in narrowing them down. He's a really nice looking boy, and clearly turns it on when he starts moving. Let us know which ones you pick!

I like:

2 15 20 22 23 27 35 37 38 39 and 42

I think I got the numbers right
default_wacko.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE

11 his neck looks SO refined and just NICE NICE

AND 18,19,20,22

LOVE those!

wow I really wish I could afford ot have a Liz shoot.

not on a youth budget though..

darn

Oh, he is very easy on the eyes, Andrea!!!

My favorite photos:

I know you said no ooohs and ahhhhs, Andrea, but I have to tell you, he's got one of the sweetest eyes I have ever, ever seen! He's absolutely GORGEOUS, and my favorite picture of all is the second one. The expression is just amazing! I lost count of all of the others, there are SO MANY nice ones.

Jodi

I LOVE the expersion in #02.

#23 is a great conformation shot dispite the forlock falling over his eye.

#37 takes the cake for me for the action shots. She captured great movment, expersion and the background does not take away from the horse.

#27 is the kind of photo I would love to have hanging in my house of my horse. The depth of feild and balence are perfect from a technial stand point, and the pose is breath taking. Maybe not something to use in add's but wonderfull to display in your home and remember him by when he gone.

great photos! Its always hard, when there are so many great shots, but I will give my two cents for what its worth I love shots 2, 11 & 18!

Altho I try and I try and pick photos to show off the entire body, I just love

18-20 the head shots are so nice :aktion033:

Liz does such a nice job!
default_yes.gif
:

You are all so lucky to have that woman!! :bgrin You know a good photographer when the images they take can bring tears to your eyes
default_yes.gif
:

For the record, my favs are 2, 11, 15, 19, 22 & 37 is just beautiful. He deserves all the oooohs and aaaarhs he gets! :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:

WOW :new_shocked: Ooooh Ahhhh! :bgrin

He looks really good Andrea! He is really beautiful! The pictures that I like are:

2, 18,20,22,27,29 (this one looks like the little horse figurine in the Black Stallion movie) and 37.

Whew! What a mouthful! Also I just wanted to add that I love that bay stallion pictured right before your guy... He is gorgeous! It look like Geishan of Sweet Opal???

Well did all of this help you pick out anything LOL. I think someone liked every picture. I agree, its very hard to pick out pictures so try this. Go through each one and make a note of what you don't like about it. then pick the numbers you had the least amount of problems with. Good luck, he is a very handsome boy.

You gotta get 37 Andrea, it's great!

Handsome horse!!

2, 26, 27, and 37 are my favs. Which ones did you pick already.

I picked 9 and 37. Would like a couple more, just can't decide!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back