Please help me!!! Dreamer is having a pelvic nerve lock

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been to the forum for several days, took me awhile to make it thru the thread. I can think of no words, I feel your pain and exhaustion. I think when we have such a strong connection with our animals they give it their all, a will to live, a reason to fight. In my heart I think this litttle mare is going to pull thru for you. Have faith.......we all are praying for her.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your filly. You and Dreamer continue to be in my prayers.

Jessi

Theresa, You must be absolutely numb my now............My thoughts and prayers go out to you with losing the filly. And now for positive prayer for Dreamer.......that the initial diagnosis is WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

Oh guys I am so terribly sorry. You have done what you have to. It is not fair. We are all praying for all of you!

Have been with you from the first posting, praying for you and this beautiful and noble mare. Dreamer and you bring to my mind and heart everything that should be between a horse and it's owner.

I, like so many others, had hoped for better but through all this...noble Dreamer has not given up and so I'm sure neither will you.

Will continue to pray for both of you in the days ahead.

I am very sorry to hear this sad news. I hope the outcome for Dreamer will be brighter.

Have just logged in only to read this heartbreaking news. Words fail me - I am so very sorry for you all. Horse Heaven over Rainbow Bridge has just welcomed a very special little person to its midst.

Prayers and healing thoughts are now being centred on the brave Dreamer and her wonderful family.

Huge warm hugs to you all.

Anna

So sorry about what has happened. Will keep you all in my prayers.

Teresa is sitting in the stall with her rubbing her neck and head.
default_wub.png
I can't even imaging how exhausted they all must be.
default_no.gif
It's just heartbreaking.

I am so sorry for your loss!
default_no.gif
HUGS to Dreamer and everyone at your farm! I also have/had been watching Dreamer as this dilema unfolded because I am also a Cam owner on Marestare. I hope Dreamer pulls through this with flying colors and does not have to have surgery.

Will be keeping all of you in my prayers and it is so wonderful to see such dedication and loving interactions you have with Dreamer. You can tell you really do love your horses and they love you!
default_yes.gif

(((HUGS)))

Jeri

[SIZE=10pt]Prayers are still coming from here this morning for Dreamer, Theresa and Art.[/SIZE]

Just wondering if they will try surgery if the femur is fractured. Back when Dawn had her surgery for her dislocated hip and fractured femur the surgeons said a miniature horse has a chance where a large horse does not. They were unable to use a plate or screws with Dawn (16" tall, 16 lbs) because she was so small and there was nothing to screw to. Although it didn't hold perfectly, the bone eventually fused. Dawn had to be confined to a 4' x 4' area for 90 days to allow the fusion. I/my husband/friends lifted her out to mom around the clock and put her right back. A small animal surgeon (ortho was her specialty) did the surgery with the surgeons at Surgicare assisting. Today Dawn can out run almost all my horses.

I am so hoping that this is a dislocated hip, rather than a fracture.

Hugs to all of you.

Barbie

I am so sorry for the loss of the foal. DONT GIVE UP ON HER! My friend had a POA mare that had a fractured femur and she lived and is a great pet!

Hang in there Teresa, you're such a trooper. I also hope the initial dianosis is wrong.

I'm hoping its a stifle that went out that just needs to be shoved back in.

Theresa, Art, Dreamer

yournmypryrs.gif

We will always be here for you

Prayers for a speedy recovery

Michele & Tom

www.wefoal.com

Words have failed me thru out the duration of this heartbreaking

and exhausting experience.

Many could learm from your devotion to Dreamer.

I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

I hadn't been on the board for a few days, so this is my first time reading on this and I have checked the cam.

I am so sorry for the loss of your foal and the pain your mare is in. My heart goes out to you all. I am praying for all of you. Your mare could not ask for a better mother. You are a stellar example of how everyone should be with their animals. A true example to follow. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a complete recovery for Dreamer.

My whole family has been keeping up with this thread for the last few days.I am so deeply saddened by the loss of of Dreamers filly and we are all hoping and praying for a wonderful outcome for this sweet mare and her awesome family. You are in our thoughts and prayers... Take care and God Bless.....Alicia

[SIZE=10pt]Talk about a picture to bring the tears - I just looked at the cam and Theresa is sitting on the ground with Dreamer's head in her lap. This makes me so sad! I just pray for hopeful news tomorrow.[/SIZE]

Theresa - you are an inspiration.

Barbie

I wasn's watching this posting until this afternoon and to read a lot of posts to get what was going on.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of the filly and now my prayers are for your mare to be ok. Please accept my condolences on the filly and my continued prayers now are for your mare and her family. I hope there will be good news tomorrow after the Vet makes an assesment.

God Bless You All,

Joyce

Latest posts

Back