PlayTime Minis - 2014 Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_xreiter.gif
default_xbud.gif
Woo Hoo another race!!! I am excited too!

Stillborn buckskin filly - teeny, tiny doll baby born this morning. Dreams and I are both grieving. I hope to have happier news with Madeline but just undone at the moment.

Forgot to thank you for all your support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for you and Dreams. My heart breaks, as I know how excited we all were just finding out she was pregnant. But, sending lots of love and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for both of you at this sad time.

4f68b3e2.gif
[/url]

Oh I'm so very sorry - sending you and Dreams my sincere sympathy and ((((HUGS)))) xx

I'm so sorry Sara ....so glad your mare is ok ....

such a roller coaster ride for you with her

soon you will have more tiny hooves to help ease the pain

it's so hard losing one
default_sad.png
((HUGS)))

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just catching up a bit right now, so sorry for the loss of Dreams filly. Big hugs Sara, I know how excited you were for this baby.

I let Dreams back out with her friends this morning and she was back to normal and very glad to see her girls so that's good news. I have resolved never, ever to name a foal before it's born again. I did that with Crystal's foal and then I had Dream's foal all named as well so never again.

But life continues on here and I have dusted myself off because I have two mares who are very close to foaling who need me. I think Kalico is very close. Here's her photos.

2014april12thmadkalico 008.JPG 2014april12thmadkalico 009.JPG

2014april12thmadkalico 010.JPG 2014april12thmadkalico 012.JPG

And here's Madeline this morning.

2014april12thmadkalico 004.JPG 2014april12thmadkalico 005.JPG

2014april12thmadkalico 007.JPG

I turned them out together and they are within my sight all the time. They bonded to each other instantly and have spent the morning grooming each other all over. I hope they are talking to each other because Kalico is a very experienced broodmare and Madeline is a maiden. So I'm on 24 hour foal watch.

Thank you again for all your comments. I very much appreciated them.

your ladies are looking very close, they will keep you busy now

I agree about naming I did that once in 2009 and it was the only foal we lost to a hip lock

a black pinto filly
default_sad.png
from a stallion we bred and had sold ...so I never again will name them ahead of time

The stallion was Eagles Ring Toyhorse I'm Smokin" and after breeding 1 mare and selling him I decided

before the foal was born be it filly or colt was gonna name it Eagles Ring Still Smokin so that taught me

to just let the foal choose a name for me.

Prayers for the rest of your season to be safe and happy for all

Oh no! I'm sorry for your loss.

I have already named Missy's baby too. Eeeek. No name anymore. Only baby from now on!

Missy'sMum, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about as Missy is looking fabulous.

Lori, I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's just so unbelievably sad to say goodbye to a life that never had a chance. I had named Crystal's baby from the day I brought her home and then I had stayed up naming Dreams surprise baby so from now on I'm sticking with the generic "babycakes." And yes, I agree with you about letting the foals name themselves. They all come into the world with such distinct personalities and are such bundles of joy.

Latest posts

Back