PlayTime Minis - 2014 Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks MW - Her udder is very full today!!

(Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread)

No, you're not hijacking the thread. I love hearing about everyone's horses and seeing their photos and I'm very, very excited for you.

No, you're not hijacking the thread. I love hearing about everyone's horses and seeing their photos and I'm very, very excited for you.
I'm so nervous and excited, this was taken today.

12484_1410860915836503_722002009_n_zps0c13c0d7.jpg

Both you ladies will be very busy very soon! Can't wait to see what these ladies are cooking!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} -- I'm sure you still need a few!

Last edited:
If a watched pot never boils then for sure a watched mare never foals.
default_frusty.gif
So it says this emoticon means "let it all out" and hey, Madeline get going.
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

Can you see a mare's contractions? Madeline's sides are twitching. I don't think it's the baby kicking because it's so late in her pregnancy and I'm wondering if it's contractions? I think she's very close but then again I thought she was close in January.
default_yes.gif

Could the twitching be thumps? Our mare got thumps after she foaled (needed calcium) but I think they can get it late in pregnancy too. Do a forum search on thumps to find the video I posted in 2012 if you think there is any chance of that. It looks a bit like hiccups, in time with the heartbeat.

Any news? Hope it is not the 'thumps', but if it is your vet will help sort it out for her.

Any news? Maybe baby is putting pressure on a nerve, and it's uncomfortable enough to make her twitch to try to move the pressure point.

Let us know how she's doing!!

No news. TargetsMom - I did look at the videos and more on YouTube and not the thumps thankfully. Maybe it's the baby kicking? I couldn't turn her out yesterday as it was pouring rain and then turned into snow so maybe baby was restless. My vet has a scheduled appointment tomorrow to due gelding so I'll have him check her. I couldn't bear any more bad news.

Both Madeline and Kalico are outside today and right under my windows so I can see them constantly. Here's the photos and yes, we have snow.

Madeline.

2014april16thmares 001.JPG 2014april16thmares 002.JPG

2014april16thmares 003.JPG 2014april16thmares 006.JPG

And Kalico.

2014april16thmares 007.JPG 2014april16thmares 008.JPG

2014april16thmares 009.JPG 2014april16thmares 011.JPG

I am glad it is not thumps!!! And we have snow too if that makes you feel any better. Mares are looking good! Hoping for safe foalings and soon.

Mary, yes it does make me feel better you have snow
default_yes.gif
I'm glad they are looking good to you and thank you!!!

They are both looking extremely close - but I'm sure I dont need to tell you that! It's the frustration of knowing that they are 'close' but just wishing that they would hurry up and get on with it!!

Boy, they are both looking really good! A little bit more cooking, I think, but it will be soon!

Thanks everyone. I do hope they hold off a few days until we warm up again but I'm on barn duty at nights just in case. Just hope they both don't foal at the same time!!!

RFM IMA Sweet Creation a/k/a Madeline and Fallen Ash Eagle's Fine Art are please to announce the birth of a filly!!!

Wow, what a morning. I had Madeline outside as the sun is shining and I can see her from my window. Watching her like a hawk and she laid flat out, I ran outside and she gave birth right then and there. It was an easy birth but I was so worried about the baby, I wrapped her up in all my outerwear and when Madeline could stand, we ran back to the barn where I set up heat lamps and kept rubbing the baby dry. I was cheering Madeline on as she was pushing and I think she really appreciated it because it was an effort for her in some ways but all went smoothly for such a tiny maiden mare.

This filly is the cutest thing I have ever seen. All black face with black stripes on her body but she's also the tiniest filly I have ever seen. My baby foal pjs don't fit her so I had to pull out puppy fleeces for her. She can run under Madeline who is 28.5". She's already nursing and wobbling around.

I'm trying to give Mom and babe some private bonding time. I'm headed out to the barn but wanted to update you.

Thanks so much everyone!!!

Latest posts

Back