PlayTime Minis - 2014 Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we are getting closer as Madeline is starting to form a bag at long last. Here's photos from today.

201423rdfebruarysun 003.JPG 201423rdfebruarysun 002.JPG

201423rdfebruarysun 004.JPG

Thoughts? She's a maiden.

Oh yes, that's a nice developing udder - I dont think there is any change in her vulva compared with your last pic, but there is time yet. Did you have an approx foaling date for her in February coz I think you are more likely to see a foal in early March?

Getting excited to see what she gives you!!

Anna, if you go by the dates she was pastured with the stallion - March 15th to may 20th and you count 326 days then it could be anywhere from February 4th to April 10th but I'm thinking she won't go until April as I got her at the beginning of June and you could already tell she was expecting. Maybe because she's only 28" she showed more? But I'm thinking soon???

Thanks for your help always.

I would say that she will foal by mid March - she cetainly wont go until April judging by her udder. But then being a maiden, she might do anything she pleases. LOL!!

Oh, mid March would be wonderful. Hopefully by then some of this snow will have vanished although maybe foals would enjoy the snow for play?? Thanks Anna.

Yes, nice start to her udder. I'm thinking mid-March too, but as Anna says, we'll watch how she elongates, and how her udder grows, and hopefully, she'll be moving ahead nicely and we'll see a healthy, happy little one in a few weeks.

Thank you Ladies1! I'm very nervous about this foal as Madeline is a maiden and tiny and I'm so thankful to have your support.

I have a little 28" mare (29" by British measurements) and compared with my others she seems tiny. I have to admit that I would have been nervous about breeding from her had she been a maiden, but when I got her she had already had a good few foals with no problem. One of the babies she had for me was born with the placenta immediately following/attached and I had the vet up to check the mare over. Vet did an internal and commented in amazement on how 'roomy' my little girl was inside and through the hips. So you see, being small in 'stature' doesn't necessarily mean being 'tiny' inside from a breeding point of view!

Here's a couple of pics for you - approx 10 days from foaling her last foal. She was 22 years old and we really shouldn't have asked her for another foal (previous one was born when she was 19) but we so wanted a Dragon foal from her. You can see that she had just started to lose some weight on her back, but I was too fightened to increase the amount of food she was already getting in case the foal was too large! But there were no problems and she soon picked up again after foaling when we piled the grub in as soon as baby was on the ground! She's now 26, a right, self opinionated, little diva, demanding - and getting - her 4 full feeds a day, grass during the day and ad lib hay in her warm stable at night, while all her poor companions have to slum it living out in the worst winter weather that we have had in years!! Meet Heidi.
default_hypocrite.gif

Bluebellsandfoals 090.jpgBluebellsandfoals 092.jpgBluebellsandfoals 093.jpg

And Billy.

IMG_3397.JPGgrannies crop.JPG

What a gorgeous momma and little Billy, Anna!

I, too, have foaled out many ladies 28 and under, maidens and otherwise, and most just do fabulous --- having very nice hips for baby to slip through. But we're here for you for any help you might need!

Oh, Anna - I LOVE the photos. What a sweetie pie!! And what a little doll baby Billy is. Just love your photos.

Diane, thank you. I'm so glad you are all here. I don't know what many of us would do without this board. I know I depend on all of you.

Thanks again and I'll do photos this weekend. Madeline was rolling and rolling this morning when I turned her out so maybe she's positioning that baby.

I know most people want fillies but I'd so love to get a colt from one of my mares this year so I'm thinking blue.

Well, I finally found my Billy Idol/Nighthawk cross mare I've been searching for forever. LM Idols Secret Regaldo x LM Hawks Hoku Lani and she's double Blue Boy bred on her grand dam's side as well. Last mare to join my farm but a very special one. Introducing Poco De Oro Regalo's Ritzy N Red:

PatRitzyhead.JPG

That's my news for the day unless a certain mare decides to foal.

Oh what a pretty girl - can't wait to see the rest of her!! Many congratulations, she will be a superb addition to your very special herd.
default_yes.gif

Thank you Missy'sMum. I appreciate it very much. Anna, I'll see if I can get more photos. Also, can you post more photos of your horses? Love to see them running around. They are a special herd.

What a pretty addition to your herd!! Do you have the stud book so you have a complete pedigree? If not, I'll be happy to send it to you.

Can't wait for more pictures of her, as Anna said. Very pretty girl!

Diane, when you have time would you mind sending me the pedigree? Thanks so much!!!

Sure. PM me your personal email, if you don't want to post it here, and I'll send it to you.

Latest posts

Back