PlayTime Minis - 2014 Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lexi, your Geneses filly sounds so adorable. I hadn't planned to buy Affie and hadn't looked at the sale. A certain person said I needed her in my barn and did some convincing. Lori, thank you.

Sad news - Affie lost her baby. She's fine though and that's the most important thing of all.

Lori, thank you. I removed her from the list after she miscarried.

Oh I'm so very sorry - glad to hear that Affie is ok though. ((((HUGS))))

Thank you Lori and Chandab and Anna. I'm happy to report Affie is doing well. Thank you all again.

It was sad to see your foal had been lost at the same time frame of year that I lost one last year...

Glad that she's doing OK! Take care.

Paula, thank you. I'm so sorry about your loss as well. Even though they haven't arrived yet, we still love them. Thanks again.

Dumb question here - can you have a seasoned broodmare who is actually pregnant but doesn't look pregnant? If she were pregnant, she'd be giving birth in late March and while I think she is just portly, she was exposed to a stallion but I was thinking she'd look very pregnant by now if she had been bred. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Everyone with more mares can take a shot at this question

can you see anything lopsided from behind? That's a dead give away for me.

But I would think the answer could be yes...lets hear the aunties opinion

I purchased her as bred and the breeder was very surprised to hear she wasn't in foal as she always takes easily but she doesn't look lopsided but then I started wondering again after talking with her breeder but I think she just has a hay belly. I'll do photos when it stops snowing and thanks Lori!!!

Have to say that amongst my girls I have never had a 'seasoned' brood mare look that way this close to foaling. Could you get hold of the WeeFoal 120 and test her? Looking forward to the pictures.
default_yes.gif

Thank you Anna and Jax for your advice and help. She was sold to me as "exposed" but not confirmed and I did photos of her today. I don't think she's expecting. It's all the hay I'm feeding because it's been so cold. And yes, it's snowing today so those are tiny snowflakes on her not dandruff
default_yes.gif

2014february18thmares 001.JPG 2014february18thmares 002.JPG

2014february18thmares 004.JPG 2014february18thmares 007.JPG

And here's sweet Madeline. I'm thinking she has a way to go which would make me very happy!

2014february18thmares 009.JPG 2014february18thmares 010.JPG

2014february18thmares 011.JPG

I tried taking a photo of her underside but I had just turned her out and she was stomping her feet and it blurred. I can tell you there's not much going on in the way of a bag.

Thoughts????

I think you have two very different tummies there - one of them is in foal and the other has been enjoying plenty of food! LOL!!

Sorry but I dont see that as the tummy of a girl possibly giving birth in approx 4 weeks. BUT stranger things have happened and time will tell.
default_yes.gif

I agree with you Anna. I like my horses well fed during all this below zero weather for sure. I really appreciate your help. I just panicked for a minute and thought I'd better check with the experienced nannies.

I agree. One definite, and one COULD be sneaky, but I think she's just doing well on her hay during this cold time. But as Anna said, we have all had at least ONE sneaky mare who did and didn't and did and didn't and then foaled while we weren't looking!

But, my guess would be only one getting ready!

Thanks Diane!!! That must have been some sneaky mare. They surely keep us on our toes and you have to love them.

Latest posts

Back