Pintaloosa Filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacharyfarms

Reaction score
This was a first for me. Avalon decided she was going to deliver her baby standing up and she did. There was no way I could get her to lay down..so I just stood there and caught this little girl. She was born at 7:45PM Quatro de Mayo :bgrin She is about 18" tall with a 7" cannon bone and she is the sweetest little girl with all the visible appy characteristics to make her a pintaloosa. Her dam is Landfair Moons Avalon a 29.5" chestnut tovero and her sire is Little Americas Tex Lil Feather a 31" blue roan snowcap appaloosa. I haven't fully decided on her name but possibly Zachary Farms Lil Maya Feather. Thanks for letting me share pics.
maya1.JPG
mayaleft.JPG
mayaright.JPG

Darling filly. I'm always afraid of that happening - halter monitor does no good if they are standing. Glad yours went well.
default_smile.png

Jan

Congratulations! She's adorable!

Exactly what color is she? I have a colt the same color out of a blue roan pintaloosa . Black? blue roan?

I don't know a whole lot about the birthing process, but it sounds strange to deliver standing up? Anyways, glad everything turned out fine ! And her baby is just so sweet!! I love the black head! Congrats :aktion033:

This standing delivery was a first for me also. Avalon laid down and set the breeder alert off and when I got to the barn she was still down but I nothing yet but her water had broken. I moved her to the foaling stall and she laid down again and the bubble was visible quite quickly with two feet and a nose. She jumped up and then wouldn't go down again..She delivered fairly rapidly with a little slight traction from me but would have no part of laying down. Had I left her in the barn and not taken her to the foaling stall perhaps she would have had it laying down..But all turned out well since I was there to catch. The breeder alert did go off and I was in the front field when that happened so was alerted by the pager..I couldn't be without my Breeder Alert.
default_wub.png
:

[SIZE=14pt]What a pretty girl Judy! Congratulations.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back