It's a boy! Lil Newt finally has a picture see page 3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
default_517.gif
It's a boy! Dam is Bear Branch Painted Feather (her sire is Stonehenge Painted Feather). Sire is my stallion TX TLC Dreamison Memphis Blues (grandget of Love me Tender)
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
(on both). Today was day 330. I had my alarm set for every hour last night and was mostly awake watching her anyway. She was up and down. Mostly down. But the ph on the milk strips was in mid 7's although the calcium was definitely 300 plus. So I left for work at 5:30. Hubbie left at 7:30. I really thought it would be tonight. Still, I did a lot of praying today that she would do ok if it was today before I got home. By the looks of things this little fellow got here probably around noon. He is already fairly steady on his legs. Found his voice at 4:45. I can't find the camera. My husband was taking some pictures in his art room this weekend so no doubt he put it somewhere.
default_whistling.gif
Anyway will get pictures although I have only figured out how to post in the gallery and nowhere else. Him is either gray or black with a black line down his back. He was already dry when I got home. Good thing barn is insulated. Has a little white star. Working on names. I am so happy that Choctaw managed without me. I had tomorrow scheduled off. Oh well, taking it anyway to enjoy!!!
default_new_multi.gif

My mare is Bear Branch Painted Choctaw. Brain and fingers were out of sink. Lol.

Ok, hope I modified this correctly. Have been thinking about a name. Here goes: CHOCTAW LIL NEW TX MOON IN MEMPHIS. Barn name would be "Lil Newt". Whatcha think? I called him that today and he acted like he liked it. At least I like to think so since it is the preferred name of everything I have come up with. But of course I am open to suggestion for any names.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your new boy! I'm so glad everything went well! Looking forward to pictures (when you find your camera)!!!

Barbie

And that's the way we like things!
default_aktion033.gif
Plus it was a BOY! (I firmly believe girls are faster starters on their feet. haha)

Congratulations and look forward to pics.

That's the best way to find them! Congratulations

I'm so glad everything went fine & Mamas doing great. I can't wait to see pictures, he sounds real pretty .
default_yes.gif

Congrats! Anxiously awaiting the pics now
default_smile.png

default_wacko.png
I was so ecstatic and goofy I misstated my mare's name. It is Bear Branch Painted Choctaw. We found the camera. Pictures will be downloaded soon. Hope we got some decent ones.

Congratulations and I look forward to pictures!!!

I had that happen "to me" last year, too. I checked my mare, Hope, before I went to the office and I was sure nothing would happen that day. Came home and went to check her and I am sure I had cartoon pop-out eyes when I saw a dry, palomino filly standing beside her in their open stall! It made for a very stress free foaling season for me
default_biggrin.png

default_aktion033.gif
another Feather grandbaby. We are waiting on two at the moment, and I know ConnieP is waiting on one. We want pics....!

congrats!! grey with a black line down his back?? sounds grullo to me
default_aktion033.gif
I put a photo of him in the gallery standing next to Choctaw. She is a gray overo frame, although this time of the year looks more tan than gray. The pictures were not so great. Hope to get some good ones after rain showers move out. But you can see the line up the back in the one I posted to the gallery. Check him out and let me know if he looks grullo. Wish I could figure out how to post pictures on the forums. The sire is a blue roan. I think this little guy is a solid color. Just not sure what. He has not warmed up to me yet so I am not getting to touch him much.
default_sad.png

Huge Congratulations to you! I am awaiting two Feather grandbabies(first up is Bear Branch Painted Red Snow due anyday, second is Bear Branch Painted Cocopah, due in July, but I am also awaiting two direct Stonehenge Painted Feather children as Feather now lives here with me!
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif

I can't wait to see pictures of your new boy!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge Congratulations to you! I am awaiting two Feather grandbabies(first up is Bear Branch Painted Red Snow due anyday, second is Bear Branch Painted Cocopah, due in July, but I am also awaiting two direct Stonehenge Painted Feather children as Feather now lives here with me!
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif

I can't wait to see pictures of your new boy!
default_smile.png
Thanks Connie. Feather has a nice family indeed. I saw Choctaw's name on your website recently. She is a sweetheart. This makes twice she foaled in secret. Guess she likes her privacy. Still working on a name for the colt.
default_laugh.png
default_rolleyes.gif
I am thinking of plenty but having trouble sticking to one.

I modified the original post and was wondering what ya'll think about the name I am considering for the colt.

Latest posts

Back