Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our babies were born on the same day!!!!! Congratulations!!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Oh how cute!!!

The insides of her ears are a golden brown. Same thing behind the "elbows" of her front legs. Her legs have a brown tinge instead of the shiny silver coloring of our other black foal. And around her lips, the color is mealy brown. Mama is out of an Isabella(white) buckskin and her dad is a silver black. This baby's daddy is black out of a buckskin and white pinto mare and a black sire. I will get more pics when the sun comes back out. Right now she's cooped up inside with her coat on since she seems cold. It's 55 degrees outside, so not too terrible. She hangs out underneath the heat lamp and we have her on cam to keep a close eye.

I happened so fast!
default_xreiter.gif
As I posted on Viola's foal, this little girl had one foot back and has bloodshot eyes. She looks better today and has such LONNNNG legs lol. She's two weeks early and still has 8 inch cannon bones lol.

Mama has SOOOO much milk and was miserable, just dripping. I'm an opportunist so I milked 6 ounces out of her and will do it again today. This way we can fortify our colostrum bank
default_yes.gif

Congratulations again!!! Well done you -- in the delivery department! So nice to hear all went well!!

The insides of her ears are a golden brown. Same thing behind the "elbows" of her front legs. Her legs have a brown tinge instead of the shiny silver coloring of our other black foal. And around her lips, the color is mealy brown. Mama is out of an Isabella(white) buckskin and her dad is a silver black. This baby's daddy is black out of a buckskin and white pinto mare and a black sire. I will get more pics when the sun comes back out.

Mama has SOOOO much milk and was miserable, just dripping. I'm an opportunist so I milked 6 ounces out of her and will do it again today. This way we can fortify our colostrum bank
default_yes.gif
With the golden brown on the inside of the ears and behind the elbow, as well as the brown tinge on the legs, this little girl may very well turn out to be a buckskin. I usually look at the inside of the ears to see my buckskins. She may also be a smokey black -- but I'm leaning to buckskin -- even sooty or maybe just the darker foal coat -- as nature has a way to shield these little ones in the baby coats.

More pictures please!!!!

Well now that Jana is outside with mama, she looks to be black. Must have just been a fluke or me hallucinating hahaha
default_risa_suelos.gif
Pics coming soon!

Ok, I finally got some pics of our new filly, Jana. Seeing her out in the sun makes me 99% sure that she's black after all. She is so healthy and strong! Since it's a nice day she gets to be outside today and she's loving the sunshine. Here she is!!!

DSCF5478.JPGDSCF5476.JPGDSCF5474.JPG

And here is Trixie today. She's staring longingly at all the mamas and babies that are on each side of her. She's about 13 and has had several healthy foals. This foal is either a cremello(33") or a brown and white pinto(26"). She was bred before we got her, and they actually thought she was pregnant and due last summer and never had a foal then. She did have milk though, so odd. I used to work as a vet tech and did a palpation back in January(I thought Feb but I looked at our records). At that time she had a small foal. So far she seems quite healthy.

DSCF5479.JPGDSCF5480.JPGDSCF5481.JPGDSCF5482.JPG

Wow not much doubt this year with a rear view like that. Lol she is just a stunning colour and I can't wait to see her parcel.

What a pretty girl!! Can't wait to see what she's cooking in there! Will be beautiful I'm sure!!

And yes, it sure looks like baby is black!!

Congrats on your new filly.... Guess I am a little late, but better late than never!

She is pretty lopsided lol. So far she's the same.

Just curious what everyone thinks about my first foal, Velvet. I think she's black, but her eyes are still grey, almost blue, after nearly three weeks. Since I don't have as much experience with some of these color modifiers like silver and smokey black, can anyone shed some light on when a mini foal will get their final eye color?

Latest posts

Back