It's a boy! Lil Newt finally has a picture see page 3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk about irony... I was just over looking at CLP Miniatures site and drooling over the pix of Feather and come back here to see your announcement. What a handsome little guy.

Since you asked, CHOCTAW LIL NEW TX MOON IN MEMPHIS seems like a lot. I know you are trying to fit in all kids of stuff there. Choctaw Bluemoon in Memphis? but that leaves out some of the stuff you probably want. I like Lil' Newt!

Congratulations! I love the name Newt! How adorable
default_wub.png
Looking forward to pics!

I put a photo of him in the gallery standing next to Choctaw. She is a gray overo frame, although this time of the year looks more tan than gray. The pictures were not so great. Hope to get some good ones after rain showers move out. But you can see the line up the back in the one I posted to the gallery. Check him out and let me know if he looks grullo. Wish I could figure out how to post pictures on the forums. The sire is a blue roan. I think this little guy is a solid color. Just not sure what. He has not warmed up to me yet so I am not getting to touch him much.
default_sad.png

honestly, he looks like a smokey grullo to me. if he is he'll probably lighten up some as he matures. he is beautiful btw as is your mare
default_wub.png

as for him warming up to you, some foals are like deer, its best to sit in the stall and let him come to you and explore you without touching him at first, and slowly work towards touching him more.

also interact with the mare, while kneeling down to his level. she's his influence, his safety, his rock. if she's ok with you then you cant be a threat.

Beautiful colt!! He is black-all foals are born a 'muddled' version of their true color due to a defense mechanism. In the wild they would need to hide from predators until strong and fast enough to run. So that is why many black based foals have countershading, black foals look greyish, and bay foals are born without black points.

He could end up being blue roan though if his sire is. You'll be able to tell in a couple of months.

Congrats again!!

OHMT hold onto your hat!!

We agree
default_laugh.png

Yes, he is black, all black foals have the countershading and the "smoky" colouring.

It is hard to tell a Silver Grullo- they can often get muddled, especially if there is cream in the mix, but this little cutie pie id black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for all the praise. I just love him. A total bundle of energy. Hope to get more pictures posted showing his sweet face. Right now too tired...worked overtime today...zzzzzzz.

Rabittsfizz and Ohmt check out the photo of the backside in the gallery for now. Maybe I can get you two to agree to disagree now that you finally agree.
default_biggrin.png
Nothing like a good debate. For sure black based. His little feet look like somebody got some new black patent leather shoes and he loves to kick up his heels!

Latest posts

Back