Piddle on command

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaid mare

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
There is a woman from the Netherlands who has trained her horses to piddle in a bucket on command. Her name is Christian Den Boer. I saw this on YouTube. There is an English version, she demonstrates in both languages. She holds a bucket under them, then asks for the behavior. The horses will even stop, then restart on command. I don't know how often one would need this behavior, maybe for travel, or for service animals. It's an interesting watch. I admire her skills.

Many endurance riders teach their horses to urinate on command. From what I've seen it is pretty easy to teach if you can capture the behavior. They will whistle a tune when the horse is going and over time you just have to start whistling and they will go when you want them to :)

My neighbors had Standardbred race horses and a lot of them tinkled when you whistled. We were told that they were trained to do so because they needed the urine for drug testing after a race. I remember as a kid we would whistle at the horses trying to get them to pee, just to see if we could.

I had no idea this was a thing. I was an exercise boy at an off track facility,and before that a groom. I never saw anyone do this. Now I just need to learn to whistle! Maybe I can catch my shy piddler, and teach him. I have to constantly introduce new games anyway. I just have the one, and I don't want him to become sullen, and bored.

Latest posts

Back