Thelonius -- PHOTOS ADDED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susanne,

You write so beautifully.

I am so very very sorry for your huge loss.
default_sad.png

Susan O.

After he died, we let each of the horses say their goodbyes.
Good for you for allowing your horses the chance to see their friend. That will make it easier for them instead of them pacing the fence wondering "what happened".

Sorry for your loss.

Myrna

Susanne -

I am in tears, just speechless... we have never met each other or our horses, but both of us have loved each other's horses over the years that we have "known" each other on the forum....

Big hugs to you, my friend...that is a big hole that will never be filled. Please hug Mingus for me... I am so, so sorry...

Liz R.

default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute you wrote to your special boy.

Oh Susanne.... {{{hugs}}}} I haven't read any of the other posts, just yours, but I can barely see through the tears in my eyes right now. What a wonderful tribute you've written to Thelonius, and what a loss you and Keith now have to bear. Bless you for giving him such a happy life after his early ordeal. I'm so sorry.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Thelonius was a very special boy to you and your family and it shows in your words. I hope your heart heals soon. So very sorry......

What a beautiful story about a beautiful horse. I'm so sorry. RIP Thelonius.

Susanne --

I could not read your entire post earlier. I had a client due in any moment and was already in tears just with the knowledge that you and Keith and lost Thelonius. Susanne, you have such a gift that brings your horses to life for us all. You have such a gift for telling a story so we see it and feel it. Not just now reading through your full post, but all through the years. Some LB member's horses are FORUM horses, and yours are in that category. I think many of us feel like we know your guys and gal through your gift of communication and know that we all feel a sense of loss, and just so much so many hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you. There are never the right words for a time like this but I just want you to know how touched I am by your post and how much over the years you've created a spot in so many hearts for your sweet Thelonius.

Jill

Oh Susanne and Keith, we are so very sorry for this loss. Words can't even describe!

default_crybaby.gif
:CryBaby
default_crybaby.gif

Blessings and Prayers,

Jenny & Mel

Oh gosh, not ANOTHER one!! I am so sorry... Your story seems eerily similar to my story of Max who died last Friday. Might have been adhesions from his surgery... vet was on his way and wouldn't believe me when I said he was already gone, he had to see for himself. Again, I am so sorry.

Saw your post on FB. But your tribute for Thelonius on here has brought tears. His years with you were indeed GOLDEN and those are what he will remember as he waits for you, Kieth, and Mingus. Thank you writing the tribute of him for us. It gave me (and all of us) a hint of how lucky you were to be his guardians.

Oh I am so sorry for your loss! Your story has brought me to tears. What a beautiful horse, rest in peace Thelonius. Thoughts and prayers are with you

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss... you wrote a beautiful tribute to him, and it's obvious he has been truly loved. Cherish the memories he left you.
default_smile.png

Jan

I too am weeping for you and the rest of Thelonius' family. 2 and 4 legged. Your touching tribute reminded me too of my boys lining up at their fence and calling and calling as we carried away one of their own last winter. If those who treat horses without care could see how truly they love one another perhaps they could see them as worthy of better than they so often receive. Lucky Thelonius to have spent so many years with people who could see his heart and let themselves love him. I hope the terrible pain you are feeling now is eased by knowing you gave him a great gift in letting him live a life with friends and love all around him, and by recalling the gifts he gave you in return.

Sorry to hear, Hugs to you.
default_sad.png

I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute was truly beautiful and very moving, he was clearly a very special horse.

Oh Susanne, I am so sorry for your (and Mingus's too) loss. I think all of us can sympathize and most can empathize with your heartbreak. As as much as we feel about the situation...my heart really goes out to his buddies. I remember your kind, wonderful words when I lost one of my horses, and I hope to return the same to you. Take the time to sit and remember him, hug a horsey neck, and cry into their mane.

On a more medical note...without a full post mortem examination, I would not go as far as to lay the cause of his colic at the foot of his previous life. This long after them, and none of them being major colic surgery/handling bowel/resections, etc, makes me wary of presumptively diagnosing those procedures as the cause. Horses, are, unfortunately, so very prone to colic, no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was one of the most beautifully written tributes to a lost love that I've ever read. I hope that somehow, you can share it. Thelonius was amazing.

My heart hurts with you. I'm so sorry.

Im in tears
default_sad.png
I am so sorry
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back