Thelonius -- PHOTOS ADDED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susanne, I'm so deeply sorry. There is a very special place in heaven for sweet Thelonius. Godspeed special one.

So very sorry for your loss. This special little boy had such a wonderful home with your family. God speed Thelonius.

I am at a loss for words other than I am very sorry for your loss... Debbie

You should write a book about Thelonius. Thank you for sharing him with us
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
you have our deepest sympathy.

What a touching story/tribute to Thelonius' life. So sorry for your loss...
default_no.gif

What a beautiful tribute. If only every horse could be so loved and appreciated. I hope the human and horse friends he's left behind can find comfort in all those wonderful memories and in each other. Rest in peace, Thelonius.

I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was one the Lords angels with 4 legs. You wrote a wonderful tribute to him, HUGS!

I know sorry doesn't touch it. I saw this on Facebook. But, like everyone is saying. He was loved and APPRECIATED by your family. A lot of these quiet little horses would just be sent from home to home because the newness wears off. I am SOOO happy because he found Jayne and then Keith and you. I am sorry for the pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Susanne!!!

My heart dropped when I read your first sentence. There just aren't enough words to tell you how sorry I am. I know how much your animals mean to you and how good you are to them. I am just heart broken and eyes leaking. Please know how much my heart and so many others go out to you. You and Keith are in my thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful story...I am so sorry that it ended so sadly. He sounds like he was a great little man. I am truly sorry for your loss
default_sad.png

I am so sorry for you loss. He sounds like he was a very special horse. You have an eloquent way with words that makes a beautiful tribute to Thelonius.

I am so sorry for your loss, Keith and Suzanne! My heartfelt sympathies go out to both of you!

Oh Suzanne, Keith and Mingus, my heart is breaking for you -- I know only too well how these horse work their way into your heart and soul and you are so right about the rest of the horses understanding the finality of death and that they too hurt and mourn the loss of a beloved friend - spend time with others in your fur family, they need you now and you need them - it is amazing what their love can do to help heal your raw spirit.

((( Many hugs to you all )))

Stacy

That is by the far the most wonderful story I've ever read on a message board. I am so sorry for your loss but at the same time I want to thank you for writing such elegant and meaningful words. {{{{{ hugs }}}}}}
default_no.gif
default_wub.png

Oh my heart is broken....for Susanne, for Keith, for Mingus and his other horse friends, and for me and everyone else this lovely little horse has ever met. Thelonius is probably the sweetest, kindest horse I have ever had the good fortune of knowing.

He was one of the few horses to come out of that year's veterinary program alive...the fact that he still even liked people was amazing to me. When I went to pick him up, I took a young 4H girl with me to sit with him in the back of the full-sized van, and the whole trip home, when he got to feeling a bit anxious, would gently put his muzzle against her cheek and hold it there.

For some reason, in spite of his sweetness and meek nature, my two minis would not accept him and this broke my heart. I knew that Susanne and Keith had Mingus as a single horse and I was thrilled when they were willing to give Thelonius such a loving home, so off he went to live in Portland and eventually the farm where he will now be forever.

I have so enjoyed following Thelonius over the years and am greatly saddened by his passing. I loved this little guy and his loss leaves a Pokey sized hole in my heart, which I'm sure is nothing compared to the loss his family is feeling. You have my deepest condolences.

Jayne

So sorry for your loss
default_no.gif
You are in my thoughts!

My heart went cold when I saw the subject line- all I could think was "Oh no...please no."
default_no.gif
I am so incredibly sorry that he took a turn for the worse after we talked and wish I could have been there for you both. Equine grief is perhaps even harder to bear than our own; I know Turbo's bewildered loss when Spyder died broke my heart anew every time I looked at him. Mingus is going to be grieving for some time and I'm sure Scarlet and Flash will be at a loss as well. Hold each other close, dear children, and know that the arms of everyone here are around you and comforting you. We know what you're going through and sorrow with you at your loss.

Thelonius is still out there in spirit and probably bewildered himself. Talk to him, let him know you still include him in your family despite the lack of his physical body and tell him it's okay. Let him know he didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes the transition is harder on them than on us as they don't understand why everyone is so sad and they feel they must have done something terrible. By talking to him you can help him through that and I'm sure you'll feel his presence around the farm over the next few years as he watches over you.

RIP, sweet Thelonius.
default_bye-sad.gif

Leia

Although I never met Thelonius and don't really know you Suzanne, I' sorry for your loss. However, I want to thank you for sharing his sweet story. What a tribute.

Back