Pics of new stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluerogue

Reaction score
Bells Hollywood Heartbreaker came to live with us in April of this year. I've been trying to get some good pics of him ever since! He was either hairy, or ran off weight with his mares, or the weather was bad. But finally I got some good ones yesterday.

Hollywood is a 4 year old son of Half Measures GM Mega Bucks. He is out of a daughter of Sierras Top Gun. Hollywood is 32.75" and is a very dark bay tobiano. He does have a small star, and the only place his white crosses his back is at his withers (and just barely at that). He does have a very small roany patch on one hip. Anybody have any ideas on his pattern? I am thinking he's just tobiano. His sire is a sorrel tovero, and his dam is solid silver buckskin, so he is not homozygous for tobiano. If he carries a cream gene, I'll be extremely surprised. He is so dark he appears close to black.

Hollywood is extremely athletic, and very good minded. He is intelligent, easy to handle, sweet, and willing. He is extremely easy to train, and has learned everything I've taught him in 5 minutes or less (he wasn't handled much before I got him). He is showing very good potential as a country pleasure horse. I'm hoping to get him in the showring in at least halter next year, and driving if time permits. I am so excited about his potential!

Michelle at Wesco Farms and I had 8 mares in with him, between us. Nine mares, if you count Callita, whom we hand bred so Hollywood could learn what to do. We're hoping to get some colorful, wonderful halter/driving babies in the spring!

Edited to add: I had to lighten these pics. They were somewhat dark, and the shadows were an issue. So he does appear slightly lighter in color in these than he did in person.

DSC07481.JPG

DSC07471 (1024x752) (2).jpg

DSC07485 (1024x982).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Diane! I'm hoping we get some foals, his mares had him running pretty scared! He's a pretty "studdy" stallion, in that he really doesn't like other stallions, but those mares had him terrified! While it was hilarious, it does concern me that he may not have bred many of them. We're going to be hand breeding next spring, I think!

Petty boy! I like him alot! Beautiful color.
default_smile.png

I'm going to make you at least head/neck clip him and try the other halters.

He is a good stallion, quiet and easy going. We're hoping he's a midnight man breeding, as my darn 'alpha' mares intimidated the crap out of him. This was his first year breeding and pasture breeding to boot.

If we can ever get video, boy does he have lovely movement too.

Jen didn't mention his half sibs are doing excessively well out here (California) in both halter and driving. You can really spot Mega Bucks get in the show ring. Dennis Haney did a great job with Hollywood's sire.

So Jen, does this mean I should clean Jelly up and get pics of him - lol!

Yes! And I think we should do Topper, too. He has matured since his professional pics, and I think he looks better now. Plus his greying has progressed. Maybe next week? Bathe them all, clip heads and necks, and pics again! It's not like any of them are hard to deal with. Should be pretty easy!

Pretty stallion! I would say tobiano with a bit of sabino sneaking through (that little star), but you can have him color tested.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments on my boy. He's an awesome horse, and I am absolutely thrilled with him!

I'm pretty sure he carries tobiano, but because it's fairly minimal, I'm not sure if he carries something else. Here's a picture of his sire (Half Measures GM Mega Bucks, a sorrel tovero). his dam is solid, as are her parents (dam looks silver buckskin, grandsire is silver buckskin, granddam is silver bay).

Half Measures GM Mega Bucks.jpg

Latest posts

Back