Photo editing software

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casilda

Reaction score
Hello

I was just wondering what software packages you all use to edit photos .. I want to change the background on a few photos of my minis and have no idea how to do it !!

Can anyone help ?
default_frusty.gif

I am still using my early Adobe software, though I know there are lots of good ones. It is time consuming to learn to maximize the use of photosoftware, and I dont' feel like bothering with new/better when this one works for me.

With Adobe, you have to Select the object you want out of the picture, copy it, then open a new picture with the background you want and paste your selected object into the picture.

I used a picture of my horse's head and pasted it on top of one of my sunset pictures.

www.cassphoto.com/sunsetavatar.jpg

On this photo, I took out all the background and halter with the cloning tool. Changed it to b&w, and put the color back into his eyes. Then used the vignette to feather the background.

www.cassphoto.com/headformail.jpg

It takes a lot of time to edit a photo.

This may not be what you want to know, but it is one way to play with Adobe.

They look great .. Is Adobe and Photoshop the same thing or are they too different programs ?

They look great .. Is Adobe and Photoshop the same thing or are they too different programs ?
Adobe is the company and Photoshop is the name of the program making it Adobe Photoshop. I run Adobe Photoshop CS2 at both and home and work (I work is Digital Imaging at a photography studio.). Its a great program what the pro's use. There are lots of different versions I have used 7.0 (or something like that) at work and it's almost the same as CS2 other then a few little things. I disagree that it takes a lot of time and effort to edit a photo but it does take a lot of time to learn to use photoshop. I recommend reading a book or taking a class.

good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
By "taking alot of time" I mean when one is putting a different background behind a selected object, or removing halters or other pixels. It takes me about 20 minutes to edit pictures like this, as opposed to a few seconds to generally resize or enhance a picture.

To go from this:

unfinishedface.jpg

to the b&w with enhanced eyes:

blueeyes.jpg

The eyes could be better, but it was mainly just for fun, and to experiment.

If your local vo tech offers a photoshop class, casilda, it would be worth it.

Marsha Cassada after reading how you edited that photo I think i may have a few tips for you that will cut your time in half
default_smile.png

Oh, stormo, I'd love to hear your tips. I really think it is time to stretch my mind and learn a new photo program. How about the Acronis program? Do you like it? I have it, but haven't bothered to play with it yet.

By the way, do you want to play with the first picture? How can the halter be taken out without cloning? Cloning takes time.

Marsha

step by step what i did

- paint brush back ground white. keeping paint brush as large as possible. (a good tip here is to use a soft brush for this kind of work)

- take halter out using close again i like to keep my brush size as large as possible

- image-mode-grayscale

- image-mode- RGB

- history brush (set to normal 100%) bring back eyes

- Image-adjustments-hue sat you will have to play with this to get what you like, helps bring out eyes

at this point i want so happy with the eys so i zoomed in really close and

- paint brush (took time my selcting a coulor i thought looked good) set it to normal 30% and went over the blue part of the eye. this is something else you will have to play with if it looks off are werid when you zoom out go back in your history and start over again setting the % of the brush lower. (when i say % i mean the Opacitly and not the flow)

- same for the other eye.

this took me about 10-min keep in mind that i do this 5 days a week and get paid for it. woops maybe i should not be telling you my tips
default_laugh.png

unfinishedfaceedit.jpg

Is there any chance either of you would edit this photo of my stallion for me

I would like to remove the person beside him !

Ken5.jpg

Thanks a million ! That is fantastic ..

Yes he is a handsome boy .. He is my new stallion by Wittmacks little Skipper .

We bought him last year and left him in England with his breeder so that they could produce him for us for the Horse of the Year show which was in October. He came fourth so we were delighted with him . Cant wait to show him this year in Ireland..

Here is a photo of him at Horse of the year show last october - He is clipped in this picture .. the other one he was in his full summer coat so is much darker .I am going to try and show him unclipped for a month or two in the summer as he has a really tight neat summer coat

ken2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He is impressive!

I used microsoft Picture It! 9 and used the smart erase feature to take out the person. Very easy and quick.

(Thanks, stormo, for making me stretch my brain and try a different photo software)

Latest posts

Back