Penny's foaling thread.....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want to know the best part about the stud? He lives like 5 miles from my house!! Granted, Mousie and the others don't live at my house ( they live about 20 mins away) but I could go over and see her! And she will be there for just a couple days, than she will be out of heat. Then will probably bring her back when she is supposed to be going back into heat
default_smile.png

Here are some pics, not the best because they where taken with my iPod. I think that her udders have swollen more!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey
default_saludando.gif

Your mare is a cutey!

Love the beachball pics
default_new_rofl.gif
but I love them whenever they show up. Gives me an excuse to add my own
default_whistling.gif

fantasy 0711 wideload.jpg

Thanks!! That's one big beach ball that you have there!! Thanks! She was a happy girl today! Her hoohaw was very relaxed today, but of course when I tried to get a pic she made it tighten up a bit. So there didn't look like it was relaxed very much. I think that her udders are a little bigger too
default_smile.png
I was just thinking about the date she was bred. That was mid August! So she could be ready to foal in 2ish weeks!! I will post a few new pictures tomorrowish!

She's looking good and making steady progress. Keep the pictures coming.
default_yes.gif

Thanks
default_smile.png
When I go over and see my ponies today I will get some pictures! Penny has the thickest mane I have ever seen!! I love it but at the same time I cant stand trying to brush through it! My Moose is doing good today. More interested in the stud today then she was yesterday. Thinking that by tonight she will let him mount her, or tomorrow morningish! Would anyone like pictures of Gilead? Other than the ones posted?

Also, I need some help with baby names!! I am thinking for a boy, Beau or Castiel (Cas for short). I have no girl names yet! I want something that's tough, but kinda girly too
default_smile.png
Let me hear some names!!
default_please.gif
default_pray.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Want more pictures....? Of course we want more pictures! What a question! You KNOW we LOVE pictures!!

Last edited:
I come bearing pictures of the future mother! She was very crabby today. I walked into the barn just as she lifted her tail. This is the "log" she laid. Normal is formed into apples. This is a first for me. Her butt is getting jiggily too!

PB5.jpg

PB6.jpg

PB7.jpg

PB8.jpg

PB9.jpg

PB10.jpg

PB11.jpg

And her udder is coming together nicely. All going forward at a good rate!

That's what I was thinking too! So Mousie got her feet trimmed on Monday, he nicked a little spot. He said that she might be ouchie for a couple of days. But he was doing a lot to her feet to make it so she could have normal hooves (not all at once) and he made it so that she was walking on trimmed soles! She was flat out lame yesterday. Better today but not a ton. So another guy came out and fixed what he could on her feet. :-/ My poor Moose. She is sooo sore. On the up side Penny is doing good! I seen her yesterday and it looks like the baby is dropping into place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope she heals quickly and is back on her feet with no soreness very soon.

Can't wait to see pictures of Penny!!

Hey! Sorry it has been so long sense I put up new pics. Been super uper

Dooper busy the past few days. Here are some pictures if my girl. I am quite sure that the baby is working on/ already dropped into position. She looks wayy more "flat stomached" then she did a week ago. Her butt is 100% jelloish. And her nipples are starting to fill, and I noticed plug like things on her nipples too. This is sure a weird conversation to be having! Talking about horse boobs. And look at the color of the milk?!?!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sounds like she's got wax on her nipples, and her milk looks great! AND you saying she's looking "slab-sided" too? Sounds like you're going to have an exciting couple of days ahead -- watching for this little one, who sounds like there will be an appearance shortly!

Happy foaling!!!

wow she has made wonderful steps forward
default_smile.png
baby will be here soon I bet
default_thumbup.gif

I am sooooo excited for this little kid to poke its little head out! The lady who owns the stud that Mousie is being bred ti said that she was thinking it would be 4-6 days. I so hope that the baby looks like its daddy.!

Does anyone have any name ideas for a girl? I was kinda thinking Joe or Ruby for a girl. And Beau and Castiel for a boy. I need more names for both boys and girls!!!!

Sorry, can't help you with names, I am hopeless! Cant wait to see the baby of this gorgeous mumma tho!

If that is wax on her teats you could be seeing baby sooner than 4 to 6 days! Hope you are camping right alongside her, fully dressed and at the ready!!

Sorry I'm no good at names either, we usually wait a few days to see if something springs to mind that suits the new baby's personality.
default_yes.gif

Good luck and safe foaling!

Latest posts

Back