Penny's foaling thread.....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dog is my dads. Her name is Shortie, aka Dougie! And the white pony is Mr. Snowball!

Penny belly.jpg

Snowball 3.jpg

Snowball 4.jpg

Snowball 5.jpg

Shortie.jpg

P and S.jpg

How cute is that face!!!

/monthly_05_2013/post-45207-0-56413000-1367879300_thumb.jpg

Can''t help you with your mare. I have two devil mares who dont follow any book written by humans and my experience is limited and warped from owning them haha.

He's adorable! He loves treats! And the little turd is a pick pocket! He can pick my pockets without me barely feeling anything! He is such a good little dude
default_smile.png
I know she is evil!!!!! She is such a confusing little mare when it comes to this! Trying to figure everything out with her to see if she is almost 9 months along is diffucult! And on top of it my mare (Mousie, currently being over at the studs to bump uglies) was in season (I think for sure) when I brought her over there, but the guy was like 'Levi (the stallion) just worked her up so much she let him breed her' and I told him that Mousie can be a b!tch and she wouldnt let him do that. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey what are you staring at??

/monthly_05_2013/post-45207-0-56413000-1367879300_thumb.jpg

default_new_rofl.gif
What a cute dude!

I doubt whether Mousie would let the stallion cover her if she wasn't in season but it isn't totally impossible. We have had pregnant mares let the stallion cover them so who knows
default_frusty.gif

Cute little snowball! How long have you owned him? Did you train him to drive or did he come to you already trained?

That video was surely suspicious! I am curious about this little gal! I would definitely put her on a mare and foal feed. If she is 8 months along she really is needing some extra nutrition.

That's picture totally sums up his personality to a 'T'! I didn't train him to drive but I have been working with him a lot so he is not as spooky. I have owned him for 5 months. I got him on new years day! See that's what I was thinking about Mousie too. She is not a fan of stallions or geldings when she isn't in heat. But not too bad with geldings. They get in her space she gives them 'the look' if they don't take the hint she might kick at them. I was thinking the same thing about that video too! I seen it and I was like that's wierd. Need to take a video of that! She will be getting it within the next few days:)

Just wanted to say hi...loved the title of your post.....8 months along or 1 month along...had to laugh b/c thats sure sounds like me. Your wee one looks just like my Popcorn...such a cutie!!

Hi! Thanks
default_smile.png
that's the only thing I could think of to call it! It kinda totally sums it up too! He is such a sweetie, love him to bits. Do you have any thoughts on Penny (pony mare) or Mousie? It all is so confusing!!

I've looked and looked at the pictures. But what I want to see is down at her level more. From the back, what we're looking to see is you looking at her tail down at her level, and taking a picture "down her sides" so we can see how baby might be laying in there. So THINK SQUAT !! Everything down at her level -- as it gives us a better look.

She's a pretty girl. Is she a maiden do you know? That will also tell us some things, since maidens tend to carry their babies high and tucked up tight.

So, if you don't mind -- could we have a few pictures taken right down at her level please.

Okay. I was on my knees for most of these but a few (like one of the sides and one of the bellies) This pic is a knee side picture. You can see the line where her ribs are (she was exhaling). And the rest is gut.

Penny%203.jpg

Did you post more than one picture? My computer is only showing me one from the side. How is her bag looking today? Were you able to get some mare and foal feed for her?

I haven't been able to get over there today. But should be going to see her tomorrow. I will be getting the mare in foal stuff tomorrow ;) but the day before yesterday it looked like it was about the sane? Maybe hanging a lower? Does that make sense?

Ok, here are some photos I had taken this morning. I tried to get better 'her level' photos. I also started her on her mare in foal feed today. She did not like me lifting her tail today so no hoohaw pics. My grandpa wanted me to measure her. She was 53" right behind her shoulders and 59" at the biggest part of her belly....?

PB.jpg

PButt 2.jpg

PButt 3.jpg

PButt.jpg

PSide.jpg

PSide 2.jpg

POSide.jpg

POSide2.jpg

She looks nicely lop-sided, and looks as if she's doing well. How tall a girl is she? Measure from the last mane hair straight down to a hard surface like a sidewalk or concrete slab.

The pictures are much much better and easier to see. Good job!!!

She's doing very good! I want to say she is about 40"-42". I will measure her on Tuesday! Thanks!! I am not sure about Penny! I don't know if she is 1-2 months pregnant or 8-9 months pregnant!

I just want to say she sure is a pretty girl. I can not speak for others, but on the rescue I took in ( very old malnurished welsh pony ) was fed a twice daily combo of senior pellets, with soaked beet pulp and soaked alfalfa cubes with a corn oil dressing. He is a completely different pony after 3 months. Good luck with her!

Nicole

Thanks! She is a little lady! Well except for when Snowball wants grain too! She was looking very, very round today. She was sticking out on each side like 4"! And I measured her, she is 43"!!

Thanks! I will! I wish I had some sort or X-ray vision or something like that so I could see if she is bred and if so how far along she is! Anyone have X-ray glasses I could borrow?? :) I am no good at trying to guess how far along she is! Any guesses?

What do the flutters feel like? I might have felt it yesterday but am not sure...

Latest posts

Back