Penny's foaling thread.....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you have a little time to go yet - her tummy still needs to grow a bit and to drop more and that last pic of her udder seems to show that she still has some 'folds' to fill out yet. But I agree that it is never easy to see exactly what is happening from posted pictures, also is there any chance that you can get them turned round into the upright position? (this old neck of mine complains violently at being twisted sideways! LOL!!)
Agree with Anna
default_smile.png
I think you'll be waiting on a bit more filling in the udder department. As for how long that will take only the mares know..... and they aren't telling
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Will post pics in a little bit when I see my girl! Maybe she will have a huge bag and foal 20 mins after I get there? That would be nice!!

Here are the pictures! No baby yet (of course). Also, now it sounds like Mousie is a black sabino not a blue roan!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking good!! She's such a beautiful color -- that rich bay is stunning!

So am I wrong to be paranoid that I haven't seem/ felt the baby kick I awhile? I think I seen him kick about 2 weeks ago. Could it be because he is in position and isn't kicking where I can feel/ see it? God I sound like a paranoid overprotective mother! Do you think I should have the vet poke her (take a look at her and make sure she's doing good) while he is out there? Or just leave her be?

As long as she is well, healthy and eating normally, I would leave well alone. As foals increase in size there is less room to move around therefore there is less movement to be seen.

Good luck with the US.
default_yes.gif

Mousie is, as you may have guessed. Not pregnant. And no baby! I wish she would just give me some sort of hope for this year :'( I won't have a baby next year. But I will be sending Mousie over to get bred in April. The vet will assist in making sure we get her when she ovulates. I just feel like crying a little bit. More out of frustration than because I am sad. Why do I manage to pick the horse, out of 1000s of horses with issues getting pregnant?! Some just look at the stud and get pregnant! Like penny! Rant done now.

I am so sorry!!! I know just how you feel. My Molly is still looking like she should drop a foal any day now but sadly it has been too long and I know there is just no way she will. It is so frustrating how these little ones send out all the signs and signals that there is a little one on the way when there isn't.

I hope you have better luck in April and your little Mousie gives you a beautiful little baby.
default_pray.gif

Well at least penny is going to pop one if these days! I would have loved to found out that Mousie was bred today. But she isn't sadly. How's Molly doing? Could you post some pictures of her so we can see her beautiful face? And the rest of her too! Lol
default_smile.png

So sorry about the news. We all understand, and have "been there" -- so you are among friends who feel the hurt along with you.

It's nice the vet will work with you to ensure her being bred at the correct time, and hopefully we'll be waiting on her little one next year!!

That baby, known as "the bug" for right now must be getting ready for a marathon! He has been kicking like crazy for the past 3 days! Even my grandpa who still swears the vet was wrong and she isn't due until February/march seen the bug kicking like that and he thinks it will be a few days at the most. The big is kicking like that is 10-15 intervals. Thoughts on what it is doing that for? I read it in a foaling book about what it is but for the life of me I can't find the book!

Maybe s/he's making a turn. Is she doing some rolling associated with it, maybe encouraging him/her to get into better position?

She has been rolling a bit. I was kinda thinking the same thing! Her hoohaw was stretched a bit yesterday also!

Latest posts

Back