Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best thing ever happened was getting 'relaxed' when we bought the farm, here.

I boarded my horses out for 31 years and it was a drag always having to look tidy,

going back in forth, in case you had to stop somewhere.

I,too, have thick and curly hair that always wants to separate into ringlets.

Cute when I was 10, not so much now :)

Now, I keep the pinned on top my head most of the time in warm weather.

And the horses could care less what I wear when I am bringing treats, dinners or

cleaning. Michael might have days he'd like to see me less 'relaxed' but I still

clean up ok for going into the world.

Nancy, Your Grandson is really a cutie. I have 5 Grandsons from 2 daughters and I treasure all of them. The oldest is 15 and the youngest is 5. I see 3 of them all the time and we have a special bond between us.

Ok heidi you might have opened a can of worms with the '2 legged pics' comment. I am the mother of 3 beautiful girls and have over 15000 pics on my computer....crazy! Well, my oldest has been competing in Miss WI pageants since she was 4. She held the Miss WI Princess title in 2009. My middle daughter competed for the first time last year at 4 and did well but is A LOT more timid (used to be) than Danielle. She will be competing again next weekend at age 5. Danielle has moved up an age group and will also be competing...she is 7 and will be against 11 year olds so who knows how she will do. She really just likes the weekend event where she gets to meet a lot of new people and perform. Things tend to come easily to her and so we 'bicker' over her not practicing for her events. The pageants consist of a personal interview, a personal introduction of their own creation (on stage with a mic) and eveningwear. They are scored on how they carry, present and commuincate themselves. Our pageants are NOT like you see on TV-those are crazy. Our pageants do NOT allow makeup on any girl younger than 13 and it is not about 'beauty'. The events also consist of other competitions that they can compete in if they choose...talent, modeling, speech, actress, photogenic, etc. These have no bearing on the title part of it but they can win $. They also have a lot of 'free' contests like coloring, thank yous, participation, baking, etc. We try to enter all of these because what they really want is to hear their name being called and to get a small trophy.

Anyway, here are a few pics of them. My youngest is only 3 and so will not start until next year!

002-1.JPG

Danielle in her interview suit in 2009

019.JPG

Danielle at the WI. State Fair in 2009

DSC_0427.JPG

Danielle's evening gown in 2009/Rio Parade

DSC_1216.NEF.jpg

This is Danielle with my mom in Florida at the national pageant. My mom is a WONDER WOMAN and jack of all trades. She farms with me and my brothers (minis with me and beef with them), she can create beautiful stained glass creations, she is a fantastic seamstress and makes almost ALL of the girls outfits for the pageants (and othe things), she cooks like a dream, can build and fix almost anything and lives to help other people. She is the best mom in the world and I would love to be half of her. Her and my dad take care of my girls during the day while we work and I swear my kids would rather stay with them forever...they are great parents who live for their kids/grandkids. (sorry to go on but she is great)

DSC_3190.JPG

Charlotte at her first pageant last year (this was a learning workshop)...I have to search through all the picture folders and find good ones of her in her gown-she wore red and was great.

Anyway, I could go on for weeks but this is a start! Take care and I hope the evening is a lucky one for Peanut, Moonlight and Suzie
default_saludando.gif

Oh, do we have an update on Peanut? How does she look, milk, etc. I have to take 2 girls to gymnastics and won't be able to watch for a few hours. They all look pretty snug in their stalls right now
default_biggrin.png

All quiet with the ladies.

Had a great time with Sunny and the cart ie. he behaved really well.

Heidi Sunny is only been broken to drive and I have no other. This is my first time breaking on my own.

The last time I drove a pony was at the yard I worked in at that was about 17 yrs ago so hitching up is painfully slow at the moment.

I hitched Sunny the other day and walked him with his headcollar and rope and he took no notice. So this evening I got to measure him and shortened his shafts but the dam breeching gets pulled out when I tie it to the shafts (not sure what I am doing wrong) Anyway getting info on that.

So I took him over to my neighbors driveway as they are more space and walked behind him round there for a while before hitting off down the road and he was brilliant went as far as where my mare Slaney was and there was lots of noise but basically well behaved once I raised my voice and gave out.

Just as we approached home and I knew he was tired I hopped in for the last spin with one foot out in case I needed to make a quick exit and he took no notice and was just so good. So once I get the harness and cart tweaked and a bit more road work then I think I am good to go.

He is so willing to please and seems to enjoy it. His confidence is growing all the time.

Sorry for waffling on but I had a great evening out with Sunny.

aww- everyones kids and grandkids are adorable
biggrin.gif

Have to add my loves.

My son Austin (9) and daughter Cheyenne (2)

austincheyplaying.JPG

wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Well done Karina.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Please let us know how Sonny progresses!

Great pics everyone - what good looking kids and g/kids. I'm a reluctant Grannie I'm afraid. Cathy has two 'adult' kids (23 nd 19) which are (now) great. Then suddenly she added another one (3 last March) and I keep well out the way! LOL!! Of course I'm fine/nice when he's around, but I seriously dont do children at all anymore - too noisy, invade my space, half the time annoy the animals, plus I'm selfish, settled in my ways and hate distruption!!

So I am happy to see and admire all your little ones, but give me animals every time! See I'm not the nice person you thought I was.
default_unsure.png
But at least I'm honest. LOL!!

Right I'm off to bed, hope all goes well with Peanut, Suzie and Moonlight for the next few hours until I'm back, and please remember LIMIT YOUR POSTS/PAGES!!!!

Nite nite all.
default_saludando.gif

I love other people's photos....these are all great....

What beautiful/handsome offspring we all have.

(Michael called while I was in the barn. He was at the computer

doctor.

Might not get a lot more photos from me, you lucky dogs.

When Century Link crashed, a few weeks ago for 8 hours, in Washington and

parts of Oregon it wiped my hard drive clean.

All my kids/horse/scenery photos are gone. Yes, I said $hit!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am going to try to post a picture of my 2 full size horses. I lost the grey one about 6 years ago. He was mine and the other I still have He is 26 now and is my daughters

DSCN0569.JPG

naw Nancy that is so sad that you lost your boy he looks gorgeous!

Love the pics everyone
default_smile.png
kids, grandkids, all gorgeous!! Diane I still love the pic of your grandson holding his new baby sister with his tongue hanging out hehe, absolout character!!

sorry can't contribute that way tho lol I have none LOL plan to someday when the right guy comes around, but at the moment I'm content with my friends my family and my animals!!!
default_biggrin.png

I am still pretty young after all hehe

ok Heidi getting back ot business, I would like a detailed report on miss Peanut before I go on night duty, please.

thankyou very mcuh, I have to get ready for work now, but will check up on you all when I get down to work
default_yes.gif

Here is Conor with Tilly and Shimmer (now aged 9)

ShimmerConorTillyedit.jpg

With Buck

Buck3edit.jpg

Grace with Abby - not a great pic of Grace

KidsSlaneyandShimmer1stJune2011036.jpg

Grace with her new glasses

photo.jpg

Aoife with my hubbys Aunt and Mom (sorry I didnt notice that I had put up Graces pic twice so here is Aoife)

AoifeAuntyandGrannyedut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back