Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on Peanut - it's way past time. Lots of people going without enough sleep while you eat your way through the nights!!!!

BTW Marty - love the Christmas story!!!

default_saludando.gif
Hi Barbi..are you melting like the rest of us today? Were not just loosing sleep...I believe some of my mind has been lost too!

Ive been watching lots of mares on MS and none of them seem to itch as much as Peanut..her face, neck, butt,sides...any idea what is causing this..my other horses do not itch like this and there are the same little gnats in that barn too ...and they have really have not been as bad as they were just a couple weeks ago.Is this all preggo stuff...I cant imagine it being tied to her being preggo.any suggestions? I do rinse/cool her off after a day out side and wash away old fly spray,sweat and grime. She has no flaky,scabby thingies going on her.Thanks for any suggestion

I want to add I do understand the butt rubs and perhaps her feeling pressure there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see all is still quiet. I had to sort my animals and worked Sunny with his cart. He was so good again.

Then it started to rain so had to get kids and mini back to the house and get all the tack off. I really dont want to go to this hen but will show face for an 1hr and then home.

Heidi i just sneaked outside to smoke and thought i would check the girls. As far as Peanuts scratching goes when I was preggo I got a hug tummy and it itched like mad, I imagine it was the skin stretching. Maybe this is Peanuts problem. Not very scientific sorry. I best go back in niw. See ya

hi Karina, sorry the rain inerrupted your driving plans but at least you had a little time and by the sounds of it Sunny did well
default_aktion033.gif

Renee and Diane, thanks for your thoughts on Peanuts constant itching. guess I was hoping for something that had a name...something I could treat and she would stop. your probablly right... its just this preggo uncomfortable thing going on. Im really surprised that she doesnt have just huge patches of missing hair. She has runny poops today but there is nothing that is giving me any indication that foaling will be tonight.

Diane, how was your dinner w/your friend? I hope you had a nice time...even though there were no libations being served.

Have you had rain yet today? I wish it would pour here but doesnt look hopeful. Just sent Skiff off w/horse trailer to fill tires...noticed they were pretty low and wanted to make sure it was ready if we have an emergency w/Peanut. spent the early morning cleaning the old barn but quit before it got too hot. Cant believe August is almost here and that we have been glued to the camera for so long.

Peanut does scratch and itch herself a lot. It's good though that she doesn't have splotches of hair missing because that could mean she actually had an issue other then just being pregnant. With my last pregnancy I gained lots of weight and had lots of issues with the itching and being uncomfortable.

Peanut, if you actually HAVE the baby you will not be so uncomfortable!
wink.gif

Well folks, I have no idea what the time is where most of you are, but in 10 minutes it will be midnight here in the UK and Saturday will have passed us by.......NO FOAL
default_no.gif
So which Saturday did everyone mean? This Saturday, next Saturday, a week on Saturday or even 24th December (Saturday!), which means of course that none of us will get any Christmas prezzies due to all the elves being way beyond complete exhaustion by that time! The whole world will hold you to blame Peanut if that happens!
default_new_shocked.gif

Now I know from the marestare time that you still have a chance for a foal on THIS Saturday, so PLEASE GET ON WITH IT!
default_yes.gif

Sorry Heidi, but I have no suggestions to help with Peanut's itches, but agree that perhaps it is just something she does at the latter stages of pregnancy.

Well had a bit of a day here today (long epistle on Cassie's thread) so am off to my bed now. Fingers crossed that little Ms Peanut might do something (like have a foal!) for everyone tonight.
default_biggrin.png

Nite nite all.
default_saludando.gif

I have returned from shopping and will be on duty off and on till 8-ish/11-ish

Peanut time.....then this evening, till bedtime 2-ish AM Peanut time....

Man hope she makes her deadline along with the rest of you!

Well I am back - so much for an hr. I thought they were going to take my keys lol.

It was good fun. A few made wedding dresses with toilet paper. There was a blow up man doll called Rodger - I wont even begin to tell you what was done to him LOL LOL.

I have a few pics but might be too rude to put on here LOL.

There was one guy there and he was the barman. There were marquees set up out the back of the Hens mothers house and lots of food and drink and goodies and LOTS of laughing.

The party is still going strong.

I am a little later home then I planed but I was held up and been hung onto at one stage. So I brought home some goodies for my Dad as a peace offering so he is off home to stuff his face.

Peanut is looking VERY low - Tonights the night I feel it in my water (I hope) Still hope I dont miss it though.

Now have to go read Suzies thread although no sign of her so I assume she is outside

Come on Peanut - you'll feel so much better once you give up that "Filly" (or colt - as long as there is a healthy baby). Hot here today. Brooke came and clipped Hope for Ocala. Randy Hart from Four Pines Minis will take her back to SC with him, then on to Nationals. This is her one shot as next spring hopefully she'll be pg!!!!

Peanut, you need to give up your little one!!!! You along with your "mom" and a lot of aunties will be so relieved once that baby is here.

I think Heidi was doing a milk test - so please let us know what it is. Its going to be tonight. I just dont want to miss it

I think its just dried up sweat and dirt as Heidi has been unable to bathe her in weeks. Maybe nats too driving her batty.

Please let us know the results Heidi. I cant go to bed till I know but its gone 2am so definitely need to go to my leaba.

I will go put in the dogs then get out of my glad rags and into my sexy monkey pjs LOL

Back in 10 to see if there is an update

Oh begger. Anyway I have just downloaded an app to my iphone so that I can watch the ladies and check in on them tonight.

Ok I am in my sexy monkey pj's, Peanut is on my iphone so I can go to bed.

Good night everyone - I hope there is baby magic tonight

I am so disappointed!

anna, geeze you sure had a wacky day.you have such huge pastures i bet it takes a bit of walking to check them. I wish I had bigger pastures but it still takes me a couple hours just to pull weeds or trim vines around the hot wire. It actually to be done now but its too hot outside. luckily The perimeter of our property is fenced so even getting out of the pastures isnt too bad...they cant go anywhere!

Barbie, will you be able to join Hope at Nationals? Is this her first time there? You must be so excited1 Make your you let us what classes she's in so we can watch from home!

Marty I got the cards today!! I love them ..huge Thank you!! Do you have a copy and if you do could you post it on here...trying to drum you up some more business LOL

karina...tolet paper wedding dresses and blow up dolls....I wish I were there!LOl

Well I have to finish watching Philadephia w/Tom Hanks...old movie I know but Ive always thought it was one of his best films. Be back in a bit

Latest posts

Back