Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pool Party, yay!!! @ Peanut's stall....who's coming?!

Sounds good. It's 80 here this afternoon...

I know not your warm but warm for us.

Sorry I didn't miss anything
default_sad.png

But I'm about, until the kidlets dinner time and

till later this evening.....

Feel free Peanut to show us the good stuff.

Peanut is so quiet and still. it's been a loooong quiet day.

once again....guess what the test was.... :arg!

skiffs computer is in getting fixed and he needs this one tonight...so I figured he can take the early shift and watch Peanut and I will get up around midnight....he has the cam on 1/2 the computer so he should be fine. But if you see anything, if you could jingle, it would be terrific. Dont have too much fun w/o me and I will see you all shortly.

Nancy, do you hay your own fields?

Cassie, I would not trust my hubby to watch Suzi...but will have her up at midnight,sorry. see you all later

once again....guess what the test was.... :arg!

Nancy, do you hay your own fields?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, Heidi - not 6.4, again?!

I hope you're getting a bit of a rest, anyway.

I seem to recognize the spot she's chosen to stand in as oddly similar to other nights. LOL

No we don't hay our own fields...be nice...with the cost of land and taxes in Washington State,

you'd have to have inherited the land many generations ago and be independently wealthy to afford

the taxes.

We have such a generational farmer, close to us, that does a very nice job with his fields keeping

them as weed free as possible, fertilizing and is a good steward of the land.

Since we moved here, actually 4 years ago today, we've gotten our local orchard grass from him.

Then we wait for till 2nd cutting Eastern Washington Alfalfa/Orchard grass, to round us out for

balance. We have a pretty big barn so storage isn't an issue and we don't have to worry about

getting hay come winter, when the high passes from Eastern Washington are sometimes nearly impassable,

from ice and snow. The prices in a feed store reflect winter transportation.

In the time it took me to type that Ms Peanut-ier only shifted her feet a bit - the good news

is she isn't getting further away from foaling....

Now I'm going to go read Diane's hot topic post... :)

But I'm here....

Not offended Diane. If people only bred show winners my two stallions wouldn't be here!

We still have an open stud book in Australia and the dams of both my boys were brought in as 'unknowns.' Both boys have shown well, Tinker has already produced high winning foals. Clearly it was worth bringing in those dams as I have met Pallidon's siblings and there are some other stunners there!

I could talk for hours on the topic but I won't derail Peanut's thread with it! I'll simply sum it up as judging the horse in front of you, after all. You have to live with your breeding herd so you better like them!
default_laugh.png

Now come on Peanut give us a foal!

Dear Peanut:

Greetings from the North Pole. This is SANTA CLAUS! I want to notify you that my elves have been watching you day and night instead of making toys and frankly, I'm getting ticked off with them. They are not producing like they should because they are so tired and weary staring at you. I fear if they bang a nail with a hammer they will suffer severe injury due to sleep deprivation and I cannot have that. I'm sorry Peanut, but I cannot run a toy shop like this any longer. I am asking you very politely now to please bring forth the love child you are bearing before my elves drive me out of my sleigh and force me to replace my hot cocoa with a good shot of Jim Beam. Please comply with my urgent request. You do not want me to put you on my naughty list do you? I think not. So please cut the crap and pop your cork right away and I'll see you on December 24th as always and do right by you.

Sincerely,

Santa Claus

Dear Santa.....

Thanks for giving that girlie girl - what for!
default_aktion033.gif

I will expect a baby when I awake tomorrow morning, for sure,

Pacific Time is fine, Mountain Time, Central Time or whatever other

Time Zones we have around the world.

Could you cc: your letter over to Suzie in Australia?

Good night, Good morning & Good afternoon shift watchers.

Been a busy day and it's tired at our house - heading out.

Found Ms Peanut-ier to be mostly relaxed tonight, some twitches

some biting but not overly excited about 'anything' she should

be excited about.

?Maybe? she is thinking once the baby arrives she will loose

her rock star status and everyone will ohhh and ahhh over baby

instead LOL

Night, Team Peanut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do believe that mare will be eating the entire time she is foaling.....
default_wacko.png

Been watching Peanut for the past 2 hours (awake early today!) and I am getting very bored! This is getting to be a joke Peanut and it is not that funny anymore.
default_wacko.png

So how about GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS??
default_biggrin.png

Any time NOW would be good.
default_yes.gif

Morning Renee - did you fall asleep with Alby again last night? I missed you on Suzie's (again non active) night watch.

Hey Diane, I read your post on the 'geldings'.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Well nearly time for me to go and do the boys, then I'm off to Cathy's to check on the horses over there and enjoy a few cuppas, a chat and numerous ciggies. LOL!!

Catch you all later - and although I should be furious to miss it, I really hope Peanut foals soon - I'm sure her little legs are going to buckle under all the weight soon if she doesn't have this baby before long!

hubby seemed to think I needed a little more beauty sleep...sorry honey but I dont think an extra 3 hours is going to do much at this point in my life
default_no.gif

A visit from Santa...well thats pretty exciting and frankly hysterical...no one wants to get him mad and it sounds like Peanut might be getting him alittle upset!! Sure hope he doent take it out on me next December. Please accept my forgiveness Santa..we will work on this....maybe you should also take the wireless internet away from your elves and that might help too.

Nancy I wish we had hay fields around here where there is actually nice hay/grass...they tend to turn everything here into golf courses,lakes,or gated communities!!

Well miss Diane, Ive got to go see what sort of mischief you've gotten your self into this evening.
default_wub.png

Hi Renee, how is your morning going, skiff says Peanut was heard rubbing her but all the way in the house...great. And he said she only laid down once? sure wish someone would give her the Sunday memo!

Diane, I see nothing wrong w/your post. If I had better writing skills and could actually get on paper what Im thinking I would add a few of my own thoughts. We discussed this a little while you were visiting. All the ribbons,show records,lineage or money in your pocket is not going to guarantee a superior cross and produce another champion..be it horses,dogs,cats or chimps. If you have the means to support your animals and give them proper care and unless there are some major faults,ie crooked legs,off bites its noones business why or what I choose to breed.

god knows Peanut is not a perfect specimen and neither is Nick, they are both just nice horses that are loved and well taken care of ( most days lol ) and I pray their filly will also be a nice healthy one. If she ever wins in the show ring well thats just icing on the cake but to me its not a must have!! My only must have, is the $ to afford the ones I have and the time to devote to them all. hopefully I will always be able to afford these horses but again there is no guarantee and will just have to cross that bridge if it comes.

O.K.enough of this...piggly wiggley out there is looking for some more hay...cripes will she ever stop eatting long enough to have this baby. I think Im going to make her wait an hour...Im sure she has enough to nibble on anyway.

Anna say hi to Cathy for us
default_saludando.gif

Renee does your mom live close by?

you won't feed me then watch this... I will rub my tail out. ha ha ha

new_rofl.gif

At least she isn't laying in the bathroom this morning

Morning Heidi, how are you today? Did you get enough rest?

My mum is in England and I see her a couple of times a year unfortunately.
no.gif

Ok I am caught up. I have a fog in my brain today. Didnt sleep well and now walking around like a zombie but all morning jobs are done. I wonder would a coffee clear the fog
default_rolleyes.gif

I love the Santa letter, gave me a right giggle.

Does Peanut still have her chastity belt on?
default_biggrin.png

I did thank you. Im one of these people that love to nap in the afternoons..if I can. So before horses I would only sleep at pm a couple hours b/c I always enjoyed and hour or two nap in the afternoon. These days no naps for a couple years but I do need 8 hrs sleep and I just dont get it. I wish I could go w/less sleep but I turn into mush.

what is my girl doing now....geeze..its getting light out..guess I'll go see

Good morning and Goodnight, to all.. again :)Great letter from Santa!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
new_rofl.gif
new_rofl.gif

Come on, Peanut! Let's get to foaling! Just look hot happy Moonlight is!

Heidi, hope you can get a little beauty rest. Let Peanut know she needs to hurry so her mom can get back to sleeping a bit more.

I'm going to head over to the gelding thread to check it out.

Peanut is standing quiet in her corner.

Latest posts

Back