Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cassie....its been sooo long!! how are you and your little ones...and the cows....dogs.....family?? Can you believe its been almost a year ( well longer if we count the 10 mos. Peanut was in foal LOL ) Cam was born on Aug. 7th ...which by the way is Robins/Reos anniversary!! So next week he will turn 1.

I have to go to Ca. in a few days so I wanted to get some pictures posted before I leave......new phone and it seems pretty easy but still getting the kinks out.....of me And the phone LOL

Cams B Day will be carrot cake...Skiffs recipe.....cam doesnt want to play pin the tail on the mini but he said yes to bobbing for apples....we will celebrate before I leave then the park is throwing him a big party on Aug 13th....we will take Cam, Nicky and I think we will take Holly so everyone can see Holly before she goes under the camera.....these old folks are so funny....they want to know everything thats going on here!

Cam was not dropped enough to be gelded a couple mos. ago so I just decides to wait till Nov. when its alittle cooler. ....sort of a pain b/c he's all boy....now he can only go w/Skillet and S'mores. I do let him out w/the others if Im right out in the pasture with him..and the girls are pretty good about putting him in his place if he tries to make passes at them!!

Yes!! Three...Holly, Peanut and Popcorn!!! Everyone was bred last mo. so time will tell....but you guys will know as soon as I know for sure!!!

Cassie, how are your hands...geeze you have sure had a rough time with them.....is/are your meds helping to give you some relief....I bet they miss you at the vets!! Well its getting dark so I need to go round up the troops and pass out dinner. Will try to post a couple more Cam pictures in a bit!!!

Now look what you all started.......I cant stop

3 star barn....which now Renee will be happy to hear....has some poops on the walls.....no longer 3 stars!!! and a picture of dirty Peanut back in her girly figure!!!

31230001.JPG

31230005.JPG

P1160867_edited-1.JPG

And he is still so darn cute!
default_wub.png

Wow what a handsome young man Cam is now! He always was a cutie but now he looks sooooo mature! And also nice to get a glimpse of the lovely Miss Peanut again!!!!
default_yes.gif

wow he is so grown up and handsome!! I don't think he looks to cresty in the neck to me...
default_smile.png
I think he looks wonderful
default_smile.png
but then again you haven't seen Finn lately LOL I'm probably not the best judge on fat and skinny ponies LOL
default_thud.gif

so three babies due next year so exciting! wow I forgot Cam was two months ahead of Finn glad he is getting Carrot cake for his first birthday
default_thumbup.gif
gorgeous man! give him a big hug from Aunty Cassie
default_smile.png

Peanut is looking GREAT! she is such a pretty girl! is Nick the Daddy for all three future babies?
default_firstprize.gif

I love your stable Heidi, and they're 5 star!! :D well maybe 4.5 with the poop on the walls hehe

hope you have a wonderful trip!
default_smile.png
I'm so glad you have that new phone! hehe love seeing pics of your little herd again
default_thumbup.gif
thanks
default_smile.png

WOO HOO!! Heidi's back!!
default_thumbup.gif
Have you looked at the number of pages that we went through to get that gorgeous Cam to show his face to us all last year!!! Do you think we might get over the 1000 with next year's foals! LOL!!

Great to have you back with us Heidi - but how dare you pop in here to tempt us all with some beautiful pictures and then announce that you are off on a 'trip'? Not sure we can allow that!! Where? How long?

I think it is wonderful how the folks down at the centre still follow Cam's life so closely - bet the will all be so excited to get involved with 3 foalings next year!! Dont forget to take loads of pics when you go down there for Cam's party celebrations.
default_yes.gif

The barn looks superb, as always - a little bit of dirt just makes things look more 'homely'. LOL!!

As for your chips - they all look just fantastic, and Cam is just soooooooooooo handsome, bless him. Please can we have some individual pics of the other two hopefully pregnant girls - and another one of the gorgeous Peanut would be acceptable too.
default_yes.gif

Hi, everyone......went to bed rather late because I got reading the entire 300+ pages of Peanuts and Cams journey....boy there were some funny posts......especially the ones where i thought she was in labor way back in June, Dianes new "filly" grandbaby, Cassie, hungry Suzi and the cows, Katrina not inviting us to her BBQ and enjoying cookies, Renee having a week to herself while the boys went fishing, Anna and Cathys escapades, Megan beating all of us with her little filly.......had to wait till page 266 for Dianes announcement of a COLT!!!

Anna of course I will get some pictures of the next three....just dont want to jinx them yet!!

Cassie, those pictures of Cam arent as bad as he really is.....he IS a little chunky butt.....but he gets his hay in the pasture with the others so Im really having a hard time keeping his weight down. Any advice? I worry about ulcers so I like for them to have some hay to keep them busy. When I lock him in at night thats when I only give him a little in his busy snacker but during the day its really impossible to restrict him from any additional hay. What are you doing with little Finn and Suzi? Suzi looks great....she looks to have trimmed down nicely.

Anna, my trip isnt pleasure

ooopps....my sister mess!! Trying to stay positive! Diane you must be about ready for you family reunion soon. Is your daughter home yet??

Oh and yes Cassie....Nick is the daddy!!

Heidi ---- that can't be Cam!

He's just that bitty little man we saw being born......and then driving him Mom nuts when he learned

his legs could go fast.

He's very handsome.

It's good to see Peanut looking so sleek.

You're gonna have your hands full next season!

Isnt he huge Nancy.....

'Sleek" is not the word i would use exactly for Peanut but thank you, she has slimmed down

In all honesty Cam really has been a joy...keep hearing stories about crazy youngsters ( especially ones not gelded ) and he hasnt given me a single reason to throw him in the pond. Guess he just takes after Nick who is also a gentleman.....heck if he took after Peanut he'd most likely been hung by now!!

Hope you dont mind but Ive found a bunch of pictures of the dogs and thought you might enjoy.

Quahog is keeping a close eye on S'mores and in the other one I think he must be just watching me clean pastures b/c he looks sad as there are no horses around for him to pester.

The other photo is of Rib...i guess he's wishing one of the horses would play ball with him!!024_2A.JPG39670011.JPG015_11A.JPG

Love the pics, you're so green! I love it, your landscape is so different to what I'm used to seeing. Of course being winter for me all I see is mud and clouds
default_new_rofl.gif

lovely pictures Heidi
default_smile.png
thank you
default_smile.png

with Suzie and Finn, they are now seperated for weaning. Finn is in with Penny and only gets maybe 1/4 cup of show feed morning and night (its called Mitavite Formula three all three mini's are on it, and I hope so thrilled with the results
default_smile.png
:) ) and they are on a little bit of grass, Suzie is in the big paddock she gets two cups at night and one cup in the morning and is on grass 24/7 might start bringing her in at night though so I can start getting her to shed that winter coat lol they get 1/4 biscuit of hay once every other day but otherwise thats all they get, with added treats (carrots apples, licorice etc) hope that helps
default_smile.png
I'm still madly trying to get Finn to lose some weight as well, he is slowly getting there and his bum isn't looking as big now its just that tummy!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked lol I can't get rid of it!
default_frusty.gif

how many mini's do you have in total Heidi?
default_smile.png

hope your able to find a nice riding horse to ride
default_smile.png
default_thumbup.gif

Lovely to see those pics of your special boys Heidi thanks for posting them.
default_yes.gif

Bree,thank you, the dog pictures are a couple years old....dont let any of the green stuff fool you...it is not grass!! trust me I have no grass. Here at my house when we mow the weeds down it sort of looks like grass but its just ugly weeds. the palm trees however are real LOL. We used to have a pretty nice lawn....back before horses.....life changes and we (well me...not necessarily hubby ) no longer cares about pretty yards, I just want my horses to be able to enjoy it!!

well the photos are lovely anyway
default_smile.png

have you come up with a stud name for yourself and a show name for Cam yet?
default_smile.png
will you get out and show any of them at all?
default_smile.png

Have a good evening

Hi Cassie, Im not sure what you mean " a stud name for yourself ".........I just call my self the ole' mare

If we are talking Cameron/Cam/ My Little Knuckle Head are all his appropriate barn names

Still havent heard back from registry but am hoping World Vision hasnt been taken....that was a name one of the forum members suggested...actually someone else came up w/Cameron too....Im not that creative.

Showing...i doubt it...I always say it would be fun to try. Truth be told..I just dont have it in me anymore. If I was ever to have a high caliber horse that I thought could do great then I would put him in w/a trainer....Im sort of a wus...I dont want anyone telling me my horses are not this or that.....I know their faults and I like them as they are.....most days!!..........now if i were younger.....I would be right out there showing!!

Cassie, I forgot...in Australia is a show name the same as the registered name and stud name....would that be considered my farm name?

Never really had a farm name but Never Too Mini Farm is on my trailer so that is it I guess. I never imagined i would have enough horses to really be considered a "farm"...I guess that is changing now LOL

B/C of allowed letters in registries Im thinking I should just have it as NTM XXXX....then I could have longer names if i choose. Need to consider that I guess.

NTM is a great idea Heidi -- NTM World Vision sounds brilliant for our beautifully handsome Cam!!
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back