Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks anna, I think it was Marty that suggested it....as she has Brave Little Prancers, which took up alot of letters when it came to picking names for her foals.

I'd shorten it as well, one of the reasons I went with Marlanoc instead of "Marlanoc Stud/Park/Swimming Pool" was for length. I can usually fit my names which is lucky because I use a lot of long names!

Wasn't the suggestion that led to Cameron 'Camera On'? Am I remembering correctly or is my brain still sleeping?
default_new_rofl.gif

At the moment your brain is working wonderfully.....cant say how it will be next week! Yes Camera On!!!

So when Cassie asked about "stud name" was she refering to my farm name do you think....you aussies have a wierd way of describing things LOL

My understanding is yes. Stud name would be farm name.... unless someone corrects me and then I bow down cause I've always just assumed thats what it meant.

I remember when Cam got his name and i thought it was brilliant!

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment your brain is working wonderfully.....cant say how it will be next week! Yes Camera On!!!

So when Cassie asked about "stud name" was she refering to my farm name do you think....you aussies have a wierd way of describing things LOL
Yes next week there could be foal alarms on! Better enjoy the brain while I can
default_new_rofl.gif

Yeah that's what she would have meant. And by the way it's not us Aussies who do things weird it's you lot
default_wink.png

So I guess that would make little Cameron "NTM Camera On" that looks really good!
default_thumbup.gif

haha sorry Heidi, yes by stud name I mean barn name LOL so my stud/barn name is Classic K miniatures, just as Bree's is Marlanoc, and I agree with Bree lol you guys are the ones that say things funny hehe
default_whistling.gif

27180016.jpg27180014.jpg

Well little Cam turns the big 1 year old in one week.

I thought I would share with you what we were all doing exactly one year ago today ( per Cams thread )

Ms. Karina shared a great driving video with us that she took on one of her pleasure drives....she was quite capable of driving while filming though I wouldnt recommend it for youngsters. by the way where has Karina been? It appears that Peanuts long wrapped tail was not helping to swat flies so on Aug 1st, much to Anna's delight I chopped the tail off and gave it a good wash'in. Both Anna and Diane were very happy and Ms. Renee did do the happy dance. Peanut said thanks to all of you. Bree didnt elaborate but she lost her internet connection for a couple days but seemed happy that she didnt miss a foaling....looking back I think she just wanted a day off from being an Auntie. 6.4 was the magic number....but you knew that...what was it 6.4 for 3 weeks? LOL

Nancy was able to talk Michael into holding little Zacky in order to get his first haircut...after which he was feeling pretty good and seemed to be quite the little show off. Marty thought Peanut was doing alot of heavy breathing and we all watched her shifting her weight and as Diane noted....doing her Marathon walking around the stall. Megan was still doing lots of cuddling with Ricochet and Poor Cassie as always was working over time watching for the filly fairy for Peanut and any signs of impending labor while I slept and looking after the other on line Diva, Miss Susie. We were all saddened to learn that our friend Diane, who has stayed right here helping us through our journey, lost a foal on this day. One of El Reys mares lost her 2 mo. old fetus. I dont think I have ever asked you Diane, were you able to rebreed her for next year?

Cassie, I looked for Aug. 1st on your thread but it doesnt go back that far....are you using a different thread now. Anyway just wanted you all to know how much I think about "Summer of Peanut" and thank you all for the great friendships.

look how big Cam is compared to S'mores. And S'Mores is about 38/40"...Right now Cam is 34"

the other picture I was hoping you could see Cam chasing Popcorn around....he's in love and follows her every where....she is the reason he needs to be gelded as soon as its cool enough. I give them a few minutes to play chase while I do stalls but I have to keep a close eye on him....I wish you could see him pout when I take her back and put her in her other pasture. Then he's stuck with the boys....poor thing LOL

27180010.jpg27180006.jpg27180022.jpg

You can just see crazy Cams head behind Popcorn here shes like..."Get me away from him"

Cassie, Holly is the brown and white...she was bred to nick

A tree came down a few days ago and will post the picture in a bit.....went across the driveway...just happy it didnt fall the other way or we'd have pancakes for ponies LOL

and last Cam cant decide which is worse....having a bad hair day or a tree across his driveway!!

I just noticed these pictures are pretty hard to see but you can click on them and I think they will go bigger....you know more than me!!

I blame Peanut for all that has followed
default_new_rofl.gif
I know there where other foaling threads but her's was one of the longest and when most of us started to ramble on for hours!

haha Bree its so true! lol Heidi I just tracked down Suzie's old thread to find the 1st of August lol man! the thread is 440 pages long!!!
default_thud.gif
but I figured out what we were up to today 1 year ago LOL

Suzie and Peanut were keeping us on our toes... Anna was showing off her new little chestnut baby, as you say Nancy was clipping baby ponies, Renee was taking Alby places and keeping a brilliant eye on my Suzie mumma, Diane was asking for limericks or stories lol do you remember our limericks? lol and then I put up a section of one of my little stories LOL wow that takes me back LOL Bree was looking on and we even had Renee (anyssa Park ) here for a bit
default_smile.png

yeay for Cam being almost 1 year old!! I can't believe it!! he is so gorgeous! poor Peanut getting chased by her baby lol wow that is a massive tree!!
default_thumbdown.gif
what caused it to fall over? can you get tornadoes in your area? stay safe!!

The pictures are great Heidi!
default_yes.gif

So funny reading your report of what we were all doing on the run up to August last year! I think Peanut and Suzie were in cahoots together - not only did they give us the time to build up some brilliant friendships, they were also mostly responsible for the birth of this forum!

So a HUGE thank you to Peanut for starting it all and to Suzie who carried the 'torch' on for another couple of months for us!
default_thumbup.gif

Be sure you get that camera at the ready Heidi - we shall require a great many pictures of our special Cam on his Birthday!!

It's so weird to think of these guys as one year olds... and Derbs as a 2yr old!

(Hope it makes sense, I'm up late and haven't given it a second read!)

THE AUNTS FROM FOALING FORUM (with my apologies to Banjo Paterson and 'the Man from Snowy River')

There was movement in the udders, for the word had passed around

That the mares were due to foal in but a day,

And the Aunties as the called them were abound,

With little sleep still they had their say.

All the old and all the new from the countries near and far

Had gathered in a corner every night,

For the Aunties love a foal watch where the cranky mares are,

And they crack their drinks open with delight.

There was Anna from colder lands, with her photos galore,

Her rolling hills and daffodils brought our envy up;

And Diane at the sight of spots meant her blood was fairly up –

“More pics!” she’d say “check where no man would want to go!”

And Heidi who would start it all she was quick to lend a hand,

Dear little Peanut on the reins;

Quickly joined by Cassie the wait she couldn’t stand,

You could see the excitement in her veins.

And one there was from Italy with her little herd to join,

With a little stallion who probably didn’t know his size,

A bit of paranoia after what he has put us through,

But we’ll forgive him since with his mum he is a prize.

And somewhat nutty Bree with an internet that would die –

With Lyric soon to follow with her quick impatient tread;

They all bore the badge of gameness in their bright and fiery eyes,

And love of breed but somewhat soft in head.

But still they rambled onwards, the forum asked “will they stay?”

And the answer was “Would you?

For a long and tiring watch – it takes a special type I say,

The nights are long and rough... quick is that mushy poo?”

So they waited sleep deprived and wistful – they all stood as friends –

“She’ll have it when she’s ready,” they said;

“We’ll be with you if you need us at the end,

For we are Aunties and please tell us what she’s fed.

“We come from all around, on every compass side,

And why we may be nuts we know the goings rough,

So we will sit here with you and help you while you find your stride,

A bottle of wine and a joke is enough.

For the Aunties are attentive in the forum that is home,

Where the posts come quick with not a breath between;

We have seen many a foal since we first commenced to roam,

But nowhere such insanity have I seen.”

And so their numbers grew with time now they are quite a clump,

Analysing images with furrowed brow,

And giving their suggestions, “Watch or she’ll get the jump,

No use for fancy trick now.

And check her udder, how’s it feel? You should know when she’s right.

And her milk, careful of the spills,

And check her hoohaa, I know it’s an odd sight,

It’s not too much to ask for please don’t run off to the hills.”

And so it all continues with the Aunties on the wing,

The best and boldest watchers in their place,

And while the mares soon pass them, they’ll always be here to stay,

With the memories and their stories they don’t forget a face.

And everyone is welcome, every mare will have their day

And every foal is treasured in our view,

Now off they charge to continue in their slightly maddened dash.

And off into their forum they flew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant Bree!! I think you made Banjo Joe very proud. I love Man From Snowy River. You captured everything perfectly. I wonder if they ever wished they had mare stare out on the range....I doubt it!! I think I will print this out and frame it for my barn!!

glad you like the pictures and yes Anna the camera will be close by for cams birthday. Its Tues and I have to go to Ca. that morning but will have his party when we get back. Cassie the tree was always leaning alittle but the root we thought was much bigger...never thought it would fall . It just started making a squeeky sound last week and I watched it like slow motion slowly fall. The hard part was cutting the darn thing up and removing.

Your right Diane..i think a birthday Limerick is in order!! does anyone know when Renee gets home?

Latest posts

Back