Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Castle Rock Miniatures said:
1324875135[/url]' post='1435826']Sure, Cassie! I'll give it another try tomorrow morning!
default_wink.png
Thanks heaps Diane
aktion033.gif
wub.gif
Your the best!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I had a dream about Cam last night..he was chasing my chickens in the paddock calling his mum who was stretched out in the sun..how rediculous as if it would be sunny here
default_laugh.png

LOL!! Lindy - but I have to correct you. We actuallly caught sight of a few very strange 'light rays' yesterday - I think it must have been what they call 'sun'???

Do hope you are OK after that awful storm over Monday night? I understand another is coming through tonight - not meant to be quite so severe - so batten down the hatches again!!
default_unsure.png
default_unsure.png

Oh Anna your so lucky to catch a bit a of that rare sunlight lol..maybe someday soon we will too with any luck
default_rolleyes.gif
..its certainly been wild here..the trampoline (its 14ft) blew away along with my garden table and chairs and it also blew the glass shade off my old garden lampost..but I guess living alongside trees some being 40 plus I consider myself lucky I guess..wev had a few down on the road but nothing serious..hope your all safe..I hear it howling once more outside and the rain belting down so glad the ponies are safe and cozy tucked up in bed
default_yes.gif

Goodness Lindy - hope you manage to tie that trampoline down to something before tonight's gales!! We have a very heavy old trailer thing that we use with a quad for jobs round the place. Built of steel it takes two of us to get the 'front end' down when attaching it to the quad and when 'released' it flies up as the heavy back end hit the ground. This thing happens to be parked on the concrete outside the front of the house right now and the other night the wind was strong enough to move it some 20 feet towards the gate, leaving scrape marks on the concrete as the back end inched along!!

Luckily my boys are all in at night except the Falabella, who spends the nights out in his field plus a field shelter. But I persuaded Cathy to take pity on him tonight, so he's safely in his stable in the barn with the other boys. I do worry so much about the girls being out in all this rain we have had, plus the recent winds, but when we go to visit them during the day they are all so madly full of excitement at seeing us, they race about all over the place just having fun and being totally silly, so I presume that mostly they are happy enough (even if I'm not!!).

A couple of weeks ago we had to have a mass move of the girls. They had seriously run out of grass on their 25 acres - it was almost a 'dry lot'!! But most of them were still on the gross side of fat. This put us in a difficult position as all we had left, field wise, were the long grass fields that we had set aside for any snowy weather. But we had to take a chance and try to move them in stages so as not to get colic or bloat.
default_new_shocked.gif

We moved them all to a couple of acres of the long grass overnight, then called them through to a four acre field of good but short grass by day to, hopefully, give their tummies a 'rest'. We then picked out half of them that we felt would cope with more long grass and popped them into another two acres to eat some of that off. After about 5 days of all this coming and going with, very luckily, no seeming ill effects, we moved the separated group on again into the 9 acres of hay length grass (2/3rds had died back and 1/3rd still lush green) which was the area that we let grow up all summer ready for any possible snowy weather, and this group have stayed there.

We then did another split in the group on the 'good' grass field and moved them to the long grass two acres and then 36 hours later over to the group on the 'winter' 9 acres. Today we did another split and moved 5 more into the two acres, leaving the final fat 5 behind on the good field, which is now not so 'good'! In another couple of days we shall remove another two from what was the good field through to join the 5 on the two acres for a couple of days before they all get moved again to join the rest of the herd on the 9 acres. The final three 'fatties' will have to wait a while until the 9 acres is eaten off a bit before being allowed to join the herd again.

If this all sounds extremely complicated it is because it was LOL!! We just had to be so careful in moving a herd of fat horses off a virtual starvation area to a field with hay length lush grass without causing bad or even life threatening tummy/digestive problems. But at this time going into winter weather, there was no way that they could stay on the starvation 25 acres and survive the winter months, and the longer we left them on that area, the more we could have caused problems by suddenly subjecting them to long lush grass. If we had had snow like last winter then it would have been fine - they could have gone straight to the long grass and would have used up time and energy digging through the snow for the grass underneath and eating it slowly.

However so far it has all worked out well, except that I have had a lot of very cross girls over the past two weeks - they HATE to be parted from their herd group and they HATE it even more when we come along a start ordering them around LOL!! I did take a few pics so better get them off my phone and on to photobucket to see if look good enough to give you an idea of what we have been up against!

OK here come the pics!!

A few from the 25 acres where they were. (ooops posted the first pic twice! Sorry)

December11002.jpg

December11002.jpg

December11008.jpg

My beloved Nutty - hopefully preggers for her last foal.

December11005.jpg

The grass or lack of it!

December11015.jpg

December11011.jpg

Continued......

Last edited by a moderator:
Following me to the gate ready for the move.

December11014.jpg

December11012.jpg

The first group in the two acres.

December11032.jpg

Where they are eventually going - the three fields making up the 9 acres of winter grazing.

December11027.jpg

The first group have arrived!

December11035.jpg

Old Bess (27) tucking in!

December11036.jpg

Continued........

LOL!! I see my 'group' picture wasn't one - the rest were still in the far field and my phone didn't pick them up in the distance behind the trees!

Here's one when they came through in a rush to catch me up.

December11038.jpg

And one of little Heidi in her winter coat! She seems to be eating standing in one of the areas where the visiting badgers have been rooting the field - they are such pests!!

December11039.jpg

And one of Neyla looking longingly through the gate from the 'good' grass field (Neyla is now in the two acres and will join the herd in a couple of days)

December11040.jpg

That's all folks - will try to a few better ones once they are all back together again in another few days!

What great pictures Anna...and yes...plenty of room for my horses and Dianes combined!! I would never get a thing done if i lived with you...i'd be having picnics in the pasture every day!! M must have a blast too!!

i love the moss covered tree too!

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
So much green grass. They are really enjoying it.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Beautiful pics. You have some real cuties there
default_wub.png
. Like Diane, no grass just dry lots now. Hopefully in the spring we will have some grazing
default_yes.gif
What a fantastic view. Grass, trees, countryside and of course minis!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Hi Heidi - great to hear from you!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

My apologies for using your thread for my news, I never know where to post any 'general' information (I'm sure we should have a 'general' topic on here so we can relate other stuff to our friends, but I suppose it would get moved to the normal forum!)

PLEASE post some new pics of the gorgeous Cam for us - and dont forget to let us know how he and Peanut enjoy their weekend adventure plus loads of pics too.
default_yes.gif

M loves it when the horses get moved off the 25 acres as she and I can go for daily walkies through the fields and woodland there, she likes to dash through the wood areas after the squirrels (we call them tree-rabbits as Mrs Nest - JR - hates the fact that there are no rabbits to chase on this farm, so we told her that they are found up in the trees here LOL!!) M does not go in the fields with the horses as some of the youngsters insist on chasing her and she cannot 'escape' them through the fences like Mrs Nest can, so it is empty fields only for M!

Anna, your poor girl Nutty looks all skin and bones just like my Odette
new_rofl.gif
She has a lovely shiny coat and so do all the rest of your girls. Life must be hard for them with all that walking to do
new_rofl.gif
My lot want to move over too.

Heidi
saludando.gif
how is life ? do stop by soon and give us the run down of what you, Skiff and your furry kids have been up to?

We miss you loads
saludando.gif

Great story's and pictures Anna..Im sure the girls are fine outside they look very happy rain wind and whatever else..with those thick old wollies on I wouldnt want to be in either..When I bought my mare its was early winter and she had the best winter coat I have ever seen but now since shes been with me and has spent every night in her stable she no longer gets half that coat..maybe not a good thing as she now spends all day standing in the field shelter looking hard done by and waiting to come back in
default_rolleyes.gif
Dinky on the other hand seems to really enjoy the wind and the rain she spends all day annoying dad nipping at his heels climbing on his back and running at him top speed..I love to watch her..shes so cheeky but will be so nice to see her clean again and not wet and muddy
default_wink.png

So nice to see your back Heidi..would be great to see Cam again.. I bet hes looking like a handsome young prince by now..is he still with mum or are you weaning him ??

Love all the photos, Anna. Would love the land you have for your crew
biggrin.gif

Good to hear from your Heidi! I peek in on Cam time to time... he went to nurse from Peanut and I had to laugh. He was so BIG and looked like a grown horse trying to steal a meal. I would love a picture to see him 'up close'! He has really really grown!
wub.gif

I had no idea they were still on cam.. I will go have a peek now be great to see them both
default_wub.png
Glad you mentioned it Megan
default_aktion033.gif

Isnt he just a monster now!! Hes so big and skiff will not let me bring him in the house and put him in the dryer to shrink him!! If it were up to me the camera would be off by now but the seniors at the park, believe it or not still watch him at night and still keep me informed of what he's up to long after i go to bed....who ever said the older folks go to bed early and can never remember anything sure dont know these folks.....they dont miss a trick. So I guess im just keeping on because they seem to enjoy it.

hes really pretty well behaved with me....just a little foolish but is a terror to the other horses. I just hold my breath when he is in one of his terror moods. Im so afraid i will end up plucking him out of a tree when Skillet or S'mores have decided that enough is enough of his antics. he even thought he should be allowed to jump on poor daiquiri the other day...poor dog is deaf, blind and about 15 and wants nothing to do with him...luckily i was right there...i dont think she would bite him but perhaps give the poor girl a heart attack LOL

Skiff wants to get a new dog soon and has spoken to the breeders of both Ribs and Quahog but Im not ready yet and it would be better to wait for our slow season so I would be home more anyway.We may even take the GSD rescue route but I get nervous of that because of the horses....i would prefer to have the puppy growing up around them.Well Ive got to head to bed..im hoping for a warmer day tomorrow in order to give a bath to Peanut for the party.Cross you fingers for warm weather please.

nighty night all

Tons of little bunnies here Anna...not nearly as nice grass as yours...i bet they wished they lived in your pastures too!! We have very funny looking squirrels here in Fla.....not nearly the bushy tails that you would normally see ( well at least the ones in New England had big bushy tails )

Poor M....I can relate...at least with Cam...I know if he was allowed he would be terrorizing and trying to chase down Daiquiri too....I really have to be on my toes with him LOl

Renee.....NO PEANUT does not look great!!! She needs a bath and some major whitening done to her tail. I wish you would just lift it a tad prior to peeing....I guess thats asking way too much!!! Nope....she just pees and pees right down the dang tail. Oh by the way....my candy GONE!!! SO yummy....Skiff finally made it out of his "Italian Chocolate Coma" just long enough to fix the camera on the other stall!!! That was the least he could do!! LOL

default_saludando.gif
i seen you had posted on here and was hoping for some pictures of the little cam

i bet all us girls are hanging out for some update photos of cam

PLEASE LOL

Latest posts

Back