Paypal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
Anyone have a real telephone number to Paypal?

Thanks

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

www.PayPal.com

Go to their website and go to the top of the page "Contact". There is an 800 number that you can talk to a live person. There are some scams going on right now using PayPal. I phoned them last week regarding the scams that are coming into my email. Do not answer these...the girl at PayPal will explain their procedure's.

If you don't have a PayPal account it will look as if someone has stolen your "idenity" and will ask you to fill out questions. If you watch most of those emails come from "earthlink" which is a scammer!

Hope this helps.

Karen

Karen you are the save all for everything I swear, I just love how in depth your answers are, and so informative, and YES even on this Paypal thread...........

I got it thank you so much! It was nice of you to take the time to help out! :aktion033: :new_shocked:

Thanks again

Bonnie

When you get those dreaded spam emails forward them to [email protected] or [email protected] as the case may be. They do investigate them and try to shut them down. The spammers are getting VERY creative these days, the emails are looking pretty real! Yikes! Paypal or Ebay will email you back a response that these are phishing emails or fradulent websites, usually very quickly.

When you get those dreaded spam emails forward them to [email protected] or [email protected] as the case may be. They do investigate them and try to shut them down. The spammers are getting VERY creative these days, the emails are looking pretty real! Yikes! Paypal or Ebay will email you back a response that these are phishing emails or fradulent websites, usually very quickly.
:eek: I think I fell for one of those just the other day... :eek: I got an e-mail about becoming a powerseller, couldn't find any other way set it up, so used the e-mail link, but something went fishy in the middle, so I quit and went to eBay and immediately changed my password. May or may not have been a problem e-mail, but better safe than sorry. [bTW - I've never fallen for any of the other phishing e-mails, so not sure why I let this one slip through. :eek: Must be the cold weather stress.]

f you watch most of those emails come from "earthlink" which is a scammer!
"earthlink" is NOT a scammer, it's simply an ISP. Hotmail, Yahoo, and other e-mail providers (and ISP's) are used for these scams and other spam mail often.

I've gotten these from AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, even Road Runner and such. Same with the Ebay ones... man they get annoying sometimes!!

[SIZE=12pt]I have been an avid Paypal/ Ebayer over the years and any time I get an "email" from Ebay or Paypay stating my account is being used fraudulently or they are going to discontinue my account lalala, I always go strait to ebay and paypal and see if there is actually a problem. Don't ever click on any of the links in the suspicious email as that is how and where they can get your info.[/SIZE]

Happy Ebaying / Paypaling
default_smile.png

the best way to know if its spam is if its a real paypal email it will always begin with your full name such as

Dear Kay Baxter

All the spam emails say Dear Paypal user they never have a name

Years ago paypal gave me that hint to tell what is spam and what is real

the best way to know if its spam is if its a real paypal email it will always begin with your full name such as
Dear Kay Baxter
Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. They are getting very sophisticated about these e-mails. The last one I received, and notified Paypal about, they knew my name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back