Patty is starting to get big

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Kim
default_smile.png

She is just wonderful , BIG congratulations to you and Patty , I'm so Jealous
default_smile.png

Yes I called the vet and they wanted me to me email pics but for some reason I couldn't so I went up there and showed them on my iPad. They want me to bring the ponies to his pasture when they put on the Scottish festival next month. He already has me some kind of portable pens that are light weight to use. We feel so special! He just lives about two or three miles from me.

Haha I'm sure everyone will love to meet them. Happy early birthday:)
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! It was a perfect day for her to give birth too! Beautiful sunshine and warm! We all just sat out on the ground watching. Wishbone and peanut were out there too. Everyone got along fine. The boys aren't happy now though. They are racing around the yard upset bc I moved Patty and baby to their pen for the night. I thought I had killed the baby. I carried her while my son in law led Patty. He was wiggling and I was cuddling and talking. When I set him in the pen, I think he fainted! I was quietly freaking getting Patty to check her out! I told Patty I was just going to leave her baby alone til tomorrow! Patty is just an awesome little momma!

Haha yes babies sometimes play dead/ faint when you carry them. Just make sure you don't put pressure on the ribs or chest. Its one of natures protection gifts. Like a opossum. I have only seen it once, I panicked and a friend explained it to me. They just go limp.
default_smile.png

They can also rapidly fall asleep in your arms. Then since they are sleeping, they are quite limp when you try to stand them up, and down they go. My babies always fell asleep in my arms while i was clipping them. So silly.... the sound of the clippers, the movement across their bodies, and down they went!!

Oh, she did get back up. And she was fine. I believe I just scared her carrying her. We have really just been watching mostly and petting some.

Yes that baby was limp. I was scared. I thought I had given her a heart attack. Her eyes were closed.

Many congratulations Kim - what a gorgeous little girl! If you have to carry babies for any reason, apart from being careful not to crush the chest area, be very careful to keep your arm low down round the front of their chest/shoulders - a wriggling baby can cause your arm to slip upwards to a high chest/low neck area and therefore cut off the lower area of their windpipe causing a temporary loss of oxygen and they 'faint'.

Looking forwards to more pics - and a Very Happy Birthday to you!
default_thumbup.gif

A BIG congratulations. She's gorgeous and I'm so happy for you!!!!!

And Happy Birthday to you!!! So excited and I know you must be thrilled.

Latest posts

Back