Patty is starting to get big

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill second that Chanda
default_smile.png

default_please.gif

Well hello everyone! I have been super busy! Sorry for the silence. The baby's name is Annabelle. I do believe my son has a new love! It is definitely his baby, although my husband just got home after being gone since February. He could not wait to get home to see this baby. I believe she can out run every one. She is so fun to watch. She had Patty chasing her all over the place. Peanut loves her. She likes him too. Now everyone has a buddy. When Patty want let her nurse, she backs her butt up to her then kick at her. She is definitely a handful for her momma. She will try to suck on our clothes. The wind blew a wal mart bag off the deck and I had to go get it from her. She was sucking on it. She tries to eat the grass like the rest of them. She is definitely a joy to watch!we have lots of passer byes stop and watch too! I will have to check on the rest of the threads and see who else has had a baby!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

she's looking so pretty! So glad your family is home together to fight over her! Won't do her a bit of harm to be loved on by all!!

It has been about three weeks since Annabelle was born. She has grown at least 6 inches taller. I noticed today that she is getting her little teeth coming in. Kate said that she is a bay, so I get my wish. She is going to be dark like Patty.

Very good observations Kim. Not a lot of people notice when the teeth come in, until they are teething lol

They usually nurse for about 6 months ( I think most people wean minis between 4 and 6 months). You will need to separate them as it is very rare for a mare to actually wean their foal on their own. You will only need to keep them separated for a month or two until Patty dries up. Once she's dry she probably won't let the baby try to nurse.

Annabelle is not doing good! She was just laying around. She was a bit lethargic! Her eyes were swollen. One more so than the other. She has nursed. I have watched her pee 3 times in the last hour. Kate saw her poop. Kate called her vet and went a got her a shot. He said if she is not doing good tomorrow to take her in. I have a lot of wasp around. I thought maybe she got stung. I saw a drop of blood on her back where something bit her. The swelling has went down now. She is still just standing around. Kate said that she is not colic bc her tummy is making noises. She seems to be breathing a little fast. What could be wrong?

Sounds like the shot is taking its course which is great. So good that you noticed early that something wasn't right. Keep us posted on her progress
default_smile.png

Back