Patty is starting to get big

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel better soon. Glad to hear she is doing well and you are on the way to recovery
default_smile.png

Oh my goodness! I am working so hard today bc I have neglected my horses for about a month now. All this rain has their pen so nasty. I have them tied out around what little green grass is around the house. They are happy for sunshine and dry weather! Here are some pics of my little Patty.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just to show how bad the weather has been, here is a pic of my wishbone, the daddy. He loves rolling in this iron ore. I brushed clumps of mud off him. I think he may be stained forever!

image.jpg

So I worked my tail off getting their stalls clean. I had just been throwing hay and straw in there without getting the old out. I feel like I raked and hauled 50 bales out! I have dirt floors. I put fresh pellets, cedar flakes and straw back in. It smells so good. I was wondering about those mats. Maybe it would make it easier. Would I still have to drag the mats out to clean them? Seems like they would absorb the pee. I like for it to smell good in there. I am just thinking about it. Looking for the easiest way! I am so glad I don't have to deal with snow! This nasty cold rain has been horrid.

Hahaha well I'm sure he was snickering as he was rolling. As for the mats I don't use absorbant ones. But I do wash them off a couple times in the summer. They are nice. I don't know if they make it easier to clean out the stall though, as I do not have any dirt ones.

We finally got the yard fenced in! Yay! It is not what I wanted but since we work in the oilfield my budget is tight now. My sweet hubby fixed it so I can just walk down the stairs from the deck into the yard. They were so happy to let loose in our yard.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last ones. I am just so excited for all their running room now. I don't have to take them to my mother in laws anymore! Plus I can just walk off my deck!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow your paddock looks great, You will be able to keep an extra close eye on them now they can hang out at your back deck.
default_smile.png

Patty Looks Great , Looks to be developing quite the V shape tummy now.

How is her Vulva ? Is she elongated yet ?

She's looking very good, and she's doing great! The paddock is fabulous, and how nice for you just to walk down the steps. Don't be surprised if someone walks up the steps to visit!

Hi Kim, I love your paddock area. They have so much room and looks great. I bet all of you are really enjoying it. I'd love to have the horses right at my deck.

Wow I love your setup. My grass pasture leads up to the patio. You might get some window watchers lol

We are going to love it! I just hope Patty waits to have her baby late in March when it will be warmer and prettier weather. Shoot I wouldn't mind if she waited till April or May! I am excited. All of our friends are too. We haven't thought about any names yet. Seems like we need to see it before we can name it

Patty ,listen to your Mum and wait till at least March Please.

Your right , I reckon when you finally see a foal safely on the ground a name will come to you
default_smile.png

Have you got a foaling kit ready for when the time comes ?
default_smile.png

Yes I have the list together. My vet want give me any pain medicine though. I guess if it is a shot that is why. He knows I am limited at some of the things I have to do for these animals. He pushes me though. He knows I am going to call him and he has to drop everything. I just hope he is not in a surgery and she has it on a beautiful sunny morning! And of course, has no problems at all! I feel confident that it will all go well!

See if he'll let you take home a tube of Banamine paste for right after foaling, so you can give her a dose is she seems uncomfortable. Or, perhaps he'd be willing closer to that time to let you take home just one dose of the injectable that you can give orally (it's really icky tasting, but will still do the job, just a bit slower; it's an off label use, so he might not be willing). [it's given just like the paste wormer.]

Ive always given the injectable Banamine orally, because putting it in the mouth gets it going very quickly because of all the mucous membranes. Maybe he'll be willing to give you a syringe filled with no needle - so he knows you're going to give it orally. It can really be helpful to have on hand.

Latest posts

Back