Paris is on marestare - FILLY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renee was able to get some new megs to help her, not the ones that she wanted... but hopefully they work!!

she has let her out to have an evening nibble on some grass n Princess will be back in soon ...

naw LOOK at that beauitful big dog!!!

Renee I love your dog!
default_wub.png

I did catch a glimpse of the gorgeous very large dog..is it a great dane??

Hi everyone.

Sorry for not updating, thanks Cass for letting everyone know what was going on. I have been running around trying to get some things together to help Princess.

The pain meds (Finadyne - like your Benamine) is a non-steroidal drug, and the unfortunate side affect of these drugs can be ulcers. She has been on gastroguard to try to avoid it, but no such luck.

I have given her something to line her stomach and sooth the ulcers, and she is currently up and grazing on some grass, which will also help to line her gut. Hopefully the pain meds will kick in (if they already havent, as she seems much more comfortable atm, hasnt even tried to lay down outside) and she will feel better soon.

My poor girl has been through so much in the last week.

Yes, thats correct. Princess is not pregnant. She had a horrible birth last weds morning, and lost her beautiful filly, and has been fighting to stay with us since. She has been doing well until this hiccup.

Ok, back out to check on her.

Well princess has had just over an hour out grazing on the grass without trying to roll. She did decide it was time for a lay down and a sleep in the end though, so i bought her in so i can watch her from inside. The major discomfort seems to have settled, but she is still a little sore. Hopefully she'll keep improving through the night. Ill be checking on her often, but please dont hesitate to call or text (1st number) if she is bad again.

She has had about all she's allowed for the night, so hopefully it will do the trick.

Thanks for watching.

default_saludando.gif
Poor little girl,iam so sorry for what has happened..must be heart braking hope little princess

gets better real soon
default_wub.png
:wub

I think Lindy got a little confused because we are all sending healing thoughts and prayers to Princess on Paris' thread? Poor Princess lost her foal, but Paris had her foal very suddenly during the following night (I think) when Renee, having spent a long day fighting for Princess' life, got woken rudely from her exhausted slumber by several phone calls and texts from the watchers. Princess is on the cam at nights so the watchers can give Renee a chance to have a sleep.

So sorry that she has taken a bit of a back step Renee, hopefully it was just a small blip and she will make good progress from now on. You are right to let her have grass when she seems to want it - so very good for upset or damaged systems.
default_yes.gif

Still sending prayers for her, she's such a trooper, bless her.
default_wub.png

glad she is looking better this morning! keep going baby girl!!

hope this heat today won't set her back again...
default_unsure.png

sending hugs n kisses to you beautiful Princess!!!

Princess is looking much brighter and happier this morning.

Every time i checked in on her last night she was resting comfortably, so at least the pain had settled for the poor darling girl. It seems to have stayed away, and i am stocking up on more ulcer meds today to treat those nasty things. The last thing this poor girl needs is more pain to deal with.

Hopefully we'll be able to stay on top of things now, and Princess can concerntrate on getting healthy instead of having any more hurdles to overcome.

She hasnt needed any more pain meds this morning, which is good, as while they help with the pain, they agrivate the ulcers, so its a vicious cycle. So the longer we can stay away from them, the better.

I have put her back out on the grass this morning. Its a day earlier than she was supposed to have turn out, but i have her in a small yard, and shes nice and calm & comfortable. So i think thats more important at this stage of her recovery.

I have turned the computer off for a rest. Its been running non stop for a week.

Yes Anna, that is just what happened. Princess had an awful foaling, and was fighting for her life Weds morning, and then Weds night Paris thought she would foal too... when i was still very shaken, and tired after Princess' ordeal, it was a nervous foaling, but Paris was nice and quick and easy thank goodness.

I will get some more photos of little sunny for you all today
default_yes.gif

would love to see some more pics of your gorgeous little Sunny!!

so glad that Princess is looking better today!!

hope she copes alright with the heat! is it windy for you today??

its blowing a gale here!!!
default_no.gif

n very hot!!!! terrible fire weather!

Cassie, its awful here. The wind is hot, and its absolutely HOWLING. Things are blowing everywhere! Its crazy
default_new_shocked.gif
I really dont like wild wind.

Princess is still doing well. She is out behind the stable (where its sheltered from the wind a bit) still grazing happily. So nice to see
default_smile.png
default_aktion033.gif

glad she is able to be out of the wind!!! its blowing a gale here aswell!!!!
default_no.gif
terrible day especially for fires! we have sand soil in bulk that we sell at our hardware n the wind is blowing it all over the place!!! Penny is going absoloutly bonkers running around like crazy!!

wouoldn't surprise me if we got some trees down from this wind!!

hoping it dies down for you guys down there,... don't want Princess stressing out!

how are your babies liking this hot weather?

I'll trade you guys, nothing but rain and storms down here!

Of course Lyric loves it...

I'm sure you don't want our wind bree!!! its crazy!!! its at least keeping things cooler then yesterday!

hoping your ponies are coping alright Renee!!!
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
Hi weather has been horrible here in perth we had beatifull spring days here now its like were back to winter
default_no.gif

default_saludando.gif
were abouts are you again cassie..

normally you;s get our weather not long after us

do you think the weather puts mares of foaling

do you think the weather puts mares of foaling
The moon has a lot to do with it and the next New moon for you guys is next Tuesday 27th

Renee I am so glad that Princess had a better night. Sending prayers that she fully recovers so very very soon.

can't wait to see your new little Sunshine again
wub.gif

Renee is in the hunter valley n I'm in the Hawkesbury in NSW.

ahh no why is the new moon on the 27th!!!!!!!
default_no.gif
thats the day we go to Fiji!!!!!!!
default_wacko.png

how is Paris this arvo Renee??

Renee is in the hunter valley n I'm in the Hawkesbury in NSW.

ahh no why is the new moon on the 27th!!!!!!!
default_no.gif
thats the day we go to Fiji!!!!!!!
default_wacko.png

how is Paris this arvo Renee??

so how far are from renee.......

Latest posts

Back