Rainbow Bridge

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
The Rainbow Bridge welcomed a new Mini today,Knollacs Painted Promise foaled on 5-9-1990 when I lived in Dover.I bought her sire and dam and a day old filly from friends I showed dogs with.Sire&dam had come from Hobby Horse Farm in VA, but original papers were lost through several owners.I had everybody hardshipped into AMHA and later AMHR. Promise was 1 of the first foals born with the Knollac farm name.I knew the mare was getting close to foaling, put her in a a stall, went to bed and came down the next day to find Promise up and nursing.She was a beautiful deep red and white with lots of color.She was shown some ,hated it ,mostly the clipping of the legs and feet.(looked like she was doing the Mexican Hat Dance or stomping flies)Had to put her down today due to complications of Cushings. She leaves behind her older sister Scooter who will be 26 in May 2015 (no health issues) and Fancy(6-10-92 who has Cushings, but doing well so far) Nina O'Bryans Buckie(Knollac Buck Echos Lightning Spirit and the Messicks Knollac Eqyptian Kings Feather.It is so difficult to let them go,but she had a good last day.Turned her out after her breakfast to get all the green grass and clover she could eat and she even trotted a bit around the farm.Rest in peace beautiful Promise.

So very sorry to read of the passing of your special lady. Sending you sympathy and ((((HUGS)))).

So sorry to read this, and she sounds like she was a very special lady. Sending lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

So sorry for your loss , resting peacefully
default_smile.png

They become a part of your family.....My heart and prayers go out to you.

I am sorry. They capture our hearts and it hurts to let go. It sounds like you have many good memories - your "Mexican Hat Dance" for one - thank you for sharing

Hugs and sympathy

Thanks to all of you for your very kind messages.We took Promise to Agape Pet Cremation in Boonesboro,MD on Wed.I will probably be selling my farm in the next few years to a developer and city folks don't like digging up bones in their yard.Nice facility and very nice people.It just seems very strange to go to the barn and not hear her little nicker. Euthanasia was easier than I thought since she was in bad shape.Cushings, founder&kidney problems starting. I should have done it sooner, but chickened out previous vet appointment because she was having a good day.She had a good day on her last 1 here,lots of grazing on nice green grass which she couldn't have before.Passing was very peaceful, shot of tranquilizer, 1 shot of meds.,laid down, 1 big sigh and she was gone.It hurts but my vet was great and I know I did the right thing.I just wish when it is time for them to go they would do it without my having to make the decision.I have 3 more old horses here and 2 old dogs so I know what is coming-just not when. Thanks again for all of your kind thoughts.Makes it easier when you have friends who know how you are feeling

I'm so sorry for you loss. {{{ hugs }}}

Still getting used to her not being here.Lots more tears yesterday when I opened my mail.Her washed ,braided tail with pink ribbon in it and a card from form vet with a nice note from him and each of his vet techs.My vet is such a nice man and really cares about his clients and each animal.I hope he doesn't retire until all my horses are gone.Thanks again for all your kind thoughts.

Latest posts

Back