Pacific Pintos Miniature Horses 2013 Foaling Year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how is she tonight Joanne?

Hey Renee how are you going over there?
default_smile.png
did you know they have a marestare page on facebook now?
default_smile.png
its awesome!

here's the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/465764123493514/469127196490540/?notif_t=group_comment_reply

there are some great people on there watching as well, thought you might like to know
default_smile.png
I know Joanne is on there as well

Tequila has been a different horse the last two days. She increased her udder size significantly yesterday am and has maintained that increase today.

She is clearly more exhausted and nesty than before. She is much more restless and laying down more.

She has her halter alarm on again tonight

I cannot promise that she will foal before you leave...
haha thats ok Joanne
default_smile.png
I will be most pleased to come back and see a beatuiful little baby in her stall
default_smile.png

Cassie, have a wonderful trip, but I think it would be nice if she waits until you return since she's only at 318 days. The extra 2 weeks won't hurt her in the least! Not sure she'll wait -- but we can hope!

Joanne, I know you have your own ultrasound machine. Is her foal all lined up and ready?
haha oh smart thinking Diane
default_smile.png
its ok I know there will be plenty more for me to watch
default_smile.png
and I will be very content to watch a bubbly little baby running and jumping around with his/her mumma <3

I haven't seen Tequila down at all... I was out for a bit but usually I catch her up and down a little...

She has indeed been laying down quite a lot and even flat out setting off the alarm.

Ultrasound lets you know that the horse is vertex (head first) and not breach (butt first), however it is in the last few minutes to hours before the birth that things can get messed up if a head or foot gets into the wrong position.

I am following another mare that is breach and due to foal in late April. She still has plenty of time to turn and I have seen them turn only a couple of weeks before foaling. I am crossing my fingers she will turn on her own. If not, at least I am aware we have an issue.

Tequila has spread her food throughout the stall this evening and will be treasure hunting through her straw bedding this evening.

Hopefully your other's mare will get her little one turned around. I too have seen momma's get those stubborn babies lined up when you almost think you're running out of time. But it's so nice that you can check ahead for issues. The stuck foot, hip lock and crooked head are imminent issues, but you're a wonderful and attentive breeder and have saved many a foal.
You can tell that from an external, late pregnancy u/s??

This is an internal (rectal) ultrasound. We follow the pregnancies to make sure all is going well. It is a long 11 months!

Our ultrasound gives us a black and white image and photo. As we love black and white pintos, we just color them in! Mentally of course as you cannot see the pattern.

I do love it when we see the eye, for more than one reason. We know it is in the right position and we think they are looking at us.

Actually we figure they are saying "Hey, this is MY SPACE. Get out of here" LOL!

Joanne,

Diane Suggested I post a pic of DD on your thread and ask what you would color this little girl as. She only has the one spot and about a dozen black hairs in her tail. I'm trying to get her registration papers sent in.DSC_0007.JPGDSC_0004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Having so much white she is a blank canvas to add color onto! I would be happy to add some!

But you already know she is going to throw an amazing amount of color just as she is...

Not a whole lot going on right now - looks pretty comfy!

Liz N.

Phenotypically she is a black pinto, which is what her registration papers should read. Wih white mane and tail. Eye color noted if blue.

If the tail hair has visable black then the tail would be mixed. If thot, it would be white.

Thank you so much Joanne. Now I can finish the paper work and know that DD will be registered with the right coloring. Sorry to have bothered you at such a busy time.I've been watching your girl too.

I love color genetics. No problem at all asking. I am always game to play.

Tequila is keeping us guessing, but should be woth the wait. Her last filly from two years ago "Bella Luna" is still here and part of our future brood mares. She is spectacular. so we are anxious to see what this one looks like.

Latest posts

Back