Outraged! Another drunk killer ..........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
In a neighboring county where my boys went to school, two years ago, a 17 year old girl was the fatal victim of a DUI. The charges were DUI, vehicular homicide and wreckless driving.

Their Court was last week.

This is what the killer got:

1 Year in jail, ( minus some time already served), plus 100 hours of community service and 4 years probation.

You can only imagine what is going through my mind.

The cops arrest this scum, they do their investigations, the DA issues the appropriate warrants, the scum is jailed only to be turned loose on bail and go his happy way until court trial.

Then they get the Grand Jury together and they vote "guilty"

And what does the judge do???????? Gives a sentence like that.

We might get that same judge. It's a 50/50 chance.

If the scum that killed my boy and killed us gets a sentence like that, trust me, I'll be the one in jail next
default_torch.gif
:
default_torch.gif
:
default_torch.gif
:

I'll be giving an update on our court later.

OMG....I can't believe that is it. Where in the h-e-l-l- is the justice for these children and the ones that are left behind. What a crazy world we live in where our children are thought so little of, so easly forgotten. I don't like that world...our kids are more important than some fool who thinks getting drunk and driving is ok. Then some court smacking them on the hand for what they have done.

I pray with all my heart your case will be a precedent for the others to come...I hope it will show that you can not take a life away ...without paying dearly for the rest of their sorry lifes.

Micheal taught so many lessons in friend ship and loving, and being kind, he brought so many together in a outpouring of love it was amazing thing to be a part of.....he will never be forgotten, and will be remembered with a smile.

God Bless you Marty and your family, I am so sorry for your pain...Micheal is never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
marty, i'm new to the forum and i have only recently figured out that you lost a son to a drunk driver. i am so sorry for your loss, i cannot imagine the pain.

when does this loser go to trial? jury trial or bench trial? it is an unfortunate reality that in this country, drunk drivers get off far too easy. i work in the court system and i see it every day. another unfortunate circumstance is that sometimes a judge's hands are tied when it comes to sentencing. even though they would like to put the criminal in jail and throw away the key forever, they just can't do it. they must follow the law.

therein lies the solution. the laws need to be changed. every person, whether or not they have been a victim of a drunk driver, should write to their congressmen and representatives and DEMAND that the laws be changed to allow for harsher sentences for these offenders.

something else i see far too often is when an offender is placed on probation and violates. the state revokes his probation, he admits to whatever the offense was (and it can be something as simple as stepping foot inside a tavern), and instead of sending him to jail where he SHOULD be, he is fined a paltry sum and sent on his way. i have always thought that if the state's attorneys and judges had family members murdered by a drunk driver, they would not be so quick to be lenient.

default_sad.png

:no: marty,

so sorry to hear about another drunk driver. What is wrong with folks today? Most drunk drivers don't think about others that they might hurt during their drinking. I think they need to do something about this. I am so tied of hearing the drunk drivers getting off so easy. we will be praying for justice for your son and the others. We have custody of my neice because a drunk driver kill her mother when she was only 2 yrs old.Skylar mother run out of gas on the side of the road and a drunk driver ran into her at about 80 miles a hour.The driver kill skylar mother and another mother of a 2yr child.

keep us posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
therein lies the solution. the laws need to be changed. every person, whether or not they have been a victim of a drunk driver, should write to their congressmen and representatives and DEMAND that the laws be changed to allow for harsher sentences for these offenders.

There isn't a politician from here to the Governer that has not heard from me on a regular basis and one or two secretarys up there even know me on a first name basis now. I started writting letters and DEMANDING the laws be changed early on because I knew there was a chance this could happen to us. I wish it were that simple as a few letters or phone calls or meetings but it is not.

They are all very aware of what has gone on here and trying to change the laws is so complicated. The politicians do listen, if you can find one that is actually in their office taking calls or appointments.

I get reponses such as

"We understand and we are very sorry for your loss but........"

and

"We are trying to work on that but........"

and

"Yes I agree but.............."

They tell me to join the Victims Movement. I tell them we wouldn't be victims if they stop passing the buck and pass some new laws.

Passing the buck day after day.....call this office, call that office.......

I think MOTHERS of child killers should be running for office and then we'd see how long it takes to change a law around here.

I have been a member of MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) for more years than I care to know. I just never knew I'd ever be one.

This is why I dont have much faith in our 'justice' system anymore.... it seems more like 'Let's Make A Deal' rather than having the punishment fit the crime!! Dont even get me started on this type of stuff- it makes my blood boil!

I'm so sorry to hear about this inept judge. It makes my blood boil, too. :ugh:

Marty, I read your website tribute to Michael when I joined the forum a few months ago and it brought me to tears. I admire your strength and perseverence through what has to be one of life's greatest tragedies. I can't even imagine what you've been through and can only pray for you and your family to stay strong and get the justice Michael is entitled to.

I don't know if you ever listen to Bill O'Reilly--www.billoreilly.com--but he is a staunch critic of these useless judges in America and has been able to get some kicked off the bench for being spineless wastes of taxpayer dollars. He has it out for drunk driving murderers and child molesters. You may want to send him the story about the judge in the 17 yr. old's trial. He may be especially interested to hear that the Grand Jury voted guilty and the judge backed down and gave a light sentence. He's got quite a team of investigators that can find the entire sentencing history of that judge. Since you don't know if he will be the judge in Michael's killer's trial, it couldn't hurt.

I agree that the laws definitely need to be changed, but we also need to get rid of these judges. They have the final say on what to do with these monsters. Whatever happened to chain gangs and hard labor??

Think TN needs someone to lobby, to change the laws they have on their books. Marty..keep at it...

find others ..build your voice with many.

But have to say.. I am also one that does not trust our legal system. One of Hubby's UK born Aunt's said this about Amercia. " Come to America where the criminals have all the rights". I could not say it better myself.

Here...though I do not know on the status of the people other than the husband was serious and the others a little better off?? A drunk driver rammed into a mini van..with a husband, wife and at least one child. That this driver had done this before. Just turned on the news to see the weather and saw that. :no:

Think TN needs someone to lobby, to change the laws they have on their books.

I'm trying! That's what I do! Seems like that's all I do anymore! I've been at it for nearly a year. So many open doors and every time I think I am getting somewhere they slam shut on me. I won't give up. I get very tired sometimes but I won't give up.

The chance of us getting that judge now is (1) in (3)...........

Yes we watch Bill O'Reilly a lot. He's pretty good.

I'm going to say something that might upset everyone but this is a typical sentence even the death of Princess Diana (whose driver was drunk) didn't bring down harsher penalties on drunk driving. My ex-husband has 5 DUI charges against him FIVE on the fifth one he walked into court with his parents and in his officer uniform and proceeded to tell the judge he had learned his lesson. He presented himself a dashing figure and the judge bought it to a degree. Grant it the man was lucky and did not take a life but FIVE dui's is outragish and when he wrecks again and harms someone again, will the people that allowed him to do this be punished, NO! because the beer companies and wine companies and alcohol companies are too powerful and give money to these so called politicians. People scream and yell about these drunks and until harsher penalties become effective are children's lives will always be in danger. My ex=husband, still drives, still drinks where is the justice in that. The law seems to protect the drunks, and the innocent lives that are taken . . .

In a neighboring county where my boys went to school, two years ago, a 17 year old girl was the fatal victim of a DUI. The charges were DUI, vehicular homicide and wreckless driving.

Their Court was last week.

This is what the killer got:

1 Year in jail, ( minus some time already served), plus 100 hours of community service and 4 years probation.

You can only imagine what is going through my mind.

The cops arrest this scum, they do their investigations, the DA issues the appropriate warrants, the scum is jailed only to be turned loose on bail and go his happy way until court trial.

Then they get the Grand Jury together and they vote "guilty"

And what does the judge do???????? Gives a sentence like that.

We might get that same judge. It's a 50/50 chance.

If the scum that killed my boy and killed us gets a sentence like that, trust me, I'll be the one in jail next
default_torch.gif
:
default_torch.gif
:
default_torch.gif
:

I'll be giving an update on our court later.

Latest posts

Back