My First Time Ever, I went to the jail....Michael's killer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry you have to hear things like this, and that they happen

I just wish you and your family could be left alone to be peaceful with your good memories

you seem to be doing very well at that alot of the time but then this info makes you so mad again

and mad is not good for your health physically or mentally. (((HUGS))) to you all for constantly having to relive such a horrible time for your family. They could at least let you feel the creep is being punished for something and not on a school trip.

What a B**CH
default_gaah.gif

Marty,

I can't imagine your pain and think it's horrific that YOU the other VICTIM in this crime has to suffer over and over and over again because of this lower than whale doo human.

Dear Friends,

You guys never cease to amaze me. You have given me a lot of ideas and thoughts to ponder. This needs to be dealt with on a local level, because remember, no one rules over this Sheriff, except the local people, and that is where I need to focus. Making the sheriff out to be an idiot that he is on National TV will only backfire on me and do no good here, so again I am going to deal with this on a local level only. I'm going to be as calm and rational and composed as I possibly can.

Know that I'm just a mom. I'm not a vigilante, or someone interested in small town politics, nor am I full of vengeance and being driven by hate anymore, although I guess that is what it seems like. I'm just a mom that sees something that can get more innocents hurt, including my beautiful son Dan. I am trying to ward off danger. That's all.

The Sheriff is so proud of this band accomplishment, he is the one that began calling in all the media to sing his praises (so to speak). However, what he didn't bargain for is that now the media is aware there is another side to this band performing in public, a dark side, and that is where I come in.

I will keep you updated on any further news.

Meanwhile, much love, and always peace. Its time to hug that blasted Redneck colt and get this over grown GSD off of my bed.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I never know what to say to you except I am so sorry. Life has been so hard and it is not fair.

The inmates are running the asylum and that’s the truth.
The more I find out about our justice system, the more I am amazed at how it continues to protect the criminals and so quickly forgets about the victims and the trail of destruction caused by them. I have worked for years now trying to help other families who suffer a situation like we do and trying to get things changed but this is one reason why sometimes I throw my hands up in the air in frustration.

In our State, a law was passed back in the 80’s that entitles being a good prisoner would equal what I call “brownie points” towards good behavior. Good behavior points equal days off their sentence. The advantage of being a career criminal is learning how to work the system. Michael’s killer is an expert on working the system to the tune of… get this: 37 days off of his sentence a month….(and we all know there is no 37 days in a month). He has managed to earn a ton of brownie points cutting days, weeks, months, and yes years off of his time, and now he will be released from jail before Christmas. We still do not know exactly why he was never sent to the State Prison.

Forty-eight hours ago the phone rang at the crack of dawn by someone who keeps tabs on the goings on at the jail. He wanted to know if I knew what was going on there this time. In the past we have been notified of all sorts of insane things that go on there that would make any law abiding tax payer hit the roof, but this time it involved the animal that killed my son.

It seems that Michael's killer has been allowed to enjoy life while incarcerated and I have a big problem with that. It’s been going on for a long time and we only just found out because it only recently hit the news. The jail has a band! How nice for the inmates; and he is a member of that band who gets to sing and play his guitar. However I got very upset when I found out that this jail house band is allowed out of jail to entertain at public local functions such as the county fair, festivals, churches and nursing homes so yes, I have a huge problem with that and I want it stopped. If I had a loved one in a nursing home I certainly would not want a 2 time killer serenading him! Seems to me this piece of trash is supposed to be in jail because he is a career criminal and is a dangerous person. I was absolutely floored when I learned that he is allowed to leave the confines of the jail to go out into the public and entertain.

I thought when someone was in jail or prison they should do some kind of work, labor, make license plates, pick up trash, do something to atone for their sins, but this is not the case as I found out and this crack-head is having a great time.

I was so distraught I had one heck of a meltdown, became physically sick for hours. Then I got mad. I think I called every government agency in the State; just wait till Hus gets the phone bill. I spoke to the probation department, the parole office, the District Attorney’s office, The County Commissioners, the Attorney General’s office, and Michael’s Attorney’s office raising cane and demanding something be done and they all agreed but had no answers for me. But guess what is the bottom line here? Your local sheriff can do anything they want to. NOBODY is over the Sheriff, no place, no where, no how. NOBODY. That’s because a Sheriff is an elected official by the people and only the people can get him out of office; and to do that, you have to wait until the next election which is not soon.

I think the Sheriff is so out of line in the way he runs his jail it is shocking it sickens me. He wasn’t there (I was told he comes and goes) after I waited for him to show up for two days, and he doesn’t take appointments according to his secretary, (she’s very nice) but I was able to speak to the Deputy in charge of the inmates for all the good that it didn’t do, but I had to try.

I did try, Michael my love.

Don’t get me wrong; there are a lot of wonderful cops and deputies that my boys are friends with who are good guys and they do a lot of good and make great busts; but again, I think this case the Sheriff is out of line in allowing this band to perform outside the jail in public, especially when the public is not aware that a murderer is part of their band. Once again I don’t want your pity or sympathy; I just want you to know how our justice system can fail the victim.

Unfortunately it happens all over the world, in N.Ireland in order for 'peace' to take a step forward all those who murdered in the name of terrists groups were released, I have not lost anyone personally to the troubles here, so certainly would try to imagine what your family continues to go through, but worldwide prisonsers are let out for good behaviour we have pictures of them in the papers out shopping in Belfast, mass murders at that, you have no idea who you could be sitting beside on the bus.

Several months ago they then announced that compensation would be paid to victims that died/murdered over the previous 40 years from babies in the womb, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, and the murders who died when they were planting their bombs, because they are as much victims as their intended victims !
default_no.gif

Marty I've read your thread over and over again and watched your youtube video. I hadn't replied yet because I haven't been feeling too well this week, and have been mostly lurking around here. I just wanted to say what you already know, that this is terrible and that scum belongs in a state prison, and he shouldn't be out having a good old time potentally endangering the public. You and your family have been through enough without them letting this waste of life out on the streets. Im sure Michael is looking down on you sending you all his strength to be strong for yourself and your family. You'll be in my thoughts.

I've been a social worker for about 13 years now. I was oh SO liberal back in college, and for awhile after college. Then. . . I worked in the real world for awhile. The fact is there are some people that really are good for nothing but trouble and are a huge drain on our society (and MAN do they like to breed and create more of themselves!). There are some that are "fixable", but not many. Prison can be a place of both punishment and rehabilitation, for those that deserve the chance and are going to be back out amongst us. But where do we draw that line of those who deserve a chance? I dunno the answer for sure but I personally don't think that someone who's now taken a couple of lives and proves himself to be a danger to others time and time again deserves that chance.

Sorry for you having to deal with this, Marty, but I hope you can make a difference. I suspect you can.

default_no.gif
marty i am so sorry you and your family are having to deal with, my heart is with you. the justice system is screwed up. here they released a sexual offender and his level- may reoffend, but sice he served his time he is free and a different one was released with likely to reoffend- mind you they all have gone through their treatments - one kidnapped and raped a women shortly after, the "justice " system is too concerned about the criminals rights they don't concern themselves with the vitims rights or possible other victims that these individuals will harm.

Marty, I am so sorry for all that you've been through. I agree with you 1,000% and am thoroughly disgusted with what passes for "justice" in many parts of this country.
default_gaah.gif
We have the ACLU and the bleeding hearts to thank for this kind of crap. I just cannot understand how prisoners get treated better than law-abiding citizens. I am all for Sheriff Joe in Arizona. Convicted criminals need to REALLY pay for their crimes, with work and sacrifice. I am for chain gangs, and punishment that truly fits the crime. Good behavior? What a crock!!! Let them save their good behavior for when/if they get released. Until then, hard labor and the death penalty.
default_torch.gif

My heart goes out to you.
default_wub.png
If you need letters, phone calls, whatever...please let us know.

Rebecca

Marty, thanks for touching all of us with Michael's story. Because of your strength and sharing you keep Michael alive in many hearts, many never met him, but still are touched by you and Michael and your story. Bless you and stay strong what ever way you can. Life is not fair, your story will be in my heart forever, makes me humble and serves as a reminder to never take anything for granted. Take care, and hugs to you.

Latest posts

Back