My First Time Ever, I went to the jail....Michael's killer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 strikes...why are they allowed a second chance!!!!

We also lost a family member to someone who got their 'second chance'....try explaining to the victim's family about WHY the a-hole was out in society in the first place. Believe me, that pain and anger never really goes away, sure it gets buried a bit deeper, but it's always there......

Marty, I'm soo sorry to hear what you are going through....the jerk (and believe me, I'd use a much stronger word there if I could) who murdered my Aunt has been in jail since....has never applied for parole-though he's been up for it a few times, and looks like he doesn't want to leave unless they kick him out.....

~kathryn

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,

Forgive me if I am repeating anyone as I hit reply immediately after I read your (first) post (and that is so not like me as I usually read everyone's contribution). I don't know where you live, but, if you are willing to do anything about this problem (I agree with you completely, jail and prison is punishment, not "happy fun time"), call your local news, heck, call the Today Show! You might even get this national attention. Call all of your local, state, and national news organizations to EMBARRASS THE PANTS OFF of this Sheriff, jail, etc.

THey are lacking the proper health care the inmates need. They cant get help in the system and they are not going to get better if they are locked up, key thrown away and treated as scum.
Well ashely that is cause most of them are scum.. it is prison they should not get better health care and better access to it then a huge percentage of law abiding citizens, they should not have access to a wonderful gym cable tv and 3 meals a day it is stupid how many families do you know that can not afford 3 meals a day and cable?

The whole system is totally and competley broke wanting to work in the system does not change that fact that even those who are honest and on the up and up and have worked in the system for years realize how totally broke it is only those gaining something from the corruptness seem to think all is fine... Not saying don't work there Ashley I am just telling you.. for your own safety and sanity.. better go in with your eyes wide open

It is something they "like" and continues to be a status symbol for many repeat offenders- yes there are those there that should not be like the mentally ill- drug addicts (well some anyway) young kids who just get a much better education in there for crime then they would in Juvie.... drugs are as easily available in jail as on the streets- the system simply does not work period.

Marty I am sorry I wish I had words for you I want to tell you to try and let it go and get some peace however I know you and that is not going to happen cause you are not just thinking of yourself but of others as well. So my next suggestion is find a reporter someone you trust someone who is good and give them the info- who you safely talked to for good info on what was going on and let them hopefully go do a story and expose what is going on there

I was allowed to video this at the jail but I had to scale it way down due to time or it would not load

temporarily changing the link

Marty your interview you are one woman with will power I would have had a very hard time controlling myself.

Go to the nursing homes- go the people hiring this band for the fairs go where they play and let them know who exacty is singing to there patients, to children and families at the fair and everywhere else. Go to your community and explain what is going on I am sure many would be outraged to know who is singing for their mothers- fathers and grandparents

Obviously this guy your nto going to get anywhere with he just wants to appease you so you leave them alone so go around him

Hey girlfriend, big hugs to Dan, Jerry too. Its hard to believe that this B.S. is still going on with a killer that destoyed so many lives.

Can we have the email or physical address of the local papers in your area. Letters to the Editor....can we bombard them w/our thoughts and let them know the names of the nursing homes and churches they visit. Let EVERYONE know that this ELECTED official strolls down the street w/killers,rapists,crack heads happily carrying their Gibson Guitars and microphones....I doubt they are shackled or have the word Killer written across their jumpsuits!! THIS IS INSANE!! These killers have nothing to loose if they escape!! Oh, Im sorry, they would not get their cable, 3 squares, medical treatment, housing, toothbrushes, soap......Every PERSON in your area needs to know what is going on and that it potentially will affect everyone!!

Bill O'Rielly ( I know alot of people dont care for some things he says ) Patriots and Pinheads: At the end of his show he mentions idiots just like the sheriff...PINHEAD...its just the kind of thing he hates...just like the rest of us. Lets get this sheriffs name out there!!

Nancy Grace?

If the story gets rolling locally perhaps other bigger media would get on the " band wagon " The public should know that they are supporting these Killers that are allowed to rodeo, play the guitar and who knows what else!!

I wonder if these audiences would enjoy the show as much if his crimes were on the programs in detail...

Marty, I am so sorry. This sucks and is wrong on so many levels! I agree that a convicted killer should not be able to 'entertain' anyone!

Some criminals can change, perhaps they learned from their mistake and can serve their time and move on. But they need to serve their time, not, enjoy their time, or entertain their time, or go to collage in their time, or work out their time. They need to serve it by working IN prison.

Those that are repeat offenders in the case of violent crimes, need to be kept in prison or put to death. Prison for violent repeat offenders should not be a "nice" place.

default_no.gif

Marty,
Forgive me if I am repeating anyone as I hit reply immediately after I read your (first) post (and that is so not like me as I usually read everyone's contribution). I don't know where you live, but, if you are willing to do anything about this problem (I agree with you completely, jail and prison is punishment, not "happy fun time"), call your local news, heck, call the Today Show! You might even get this national attention. Call all of your local, state, and national news organizations to EMBARRASS THE PANTS OFF of this Sheriff, jail, etc.
Great idea!

Marty do you have a prison in your area? Just curious why he is in a jail. Jail and prison are very different and maybe that is some of the controversy here. Jails are more laxed and normally only ment for short stays, and non major crimes.

Lisa- I am pretty away of the system, how it works. Yes it is corrupt at times and depending who is running the system. But its not all that way. I have my eyes open, im not dumb despite what many think.

Marty, what about calling a news station and letting them know that "Violent offenders" are being allowed to leave the jail or prison and playing in a band where children and old people can be hurt. In addition, he could walk away at a fair or other crouded gathering. Make sure you stay calm and give lots of info. Maybe write down everything so you don't say later "oh, I should have said..."It may help. If they do a story the jail will have to justify themselves to the public.

The day that Alcatraz was closed was the day our penal system went to H***l in a handbasket. My brother and I are both adopted. My brother had been a 2 time convicted felon--burglary and I'm the one that sent him back for what I thought would be 3 times your out--but there had been too much time between the convictions to make that stick. He has emotional and physical problem (born with alcohol syndrome) -- I won't go there or justify his action. He is still my brother and I love him but I was the one who sent him back to prision the last time.

He was better off in prision--3 meals a day, access to health care, taught a trade. Yes he was in State Prision, got out on parole--found a job, reporting to his parole officer--doing thing right when he found out he could not work out of state--went back to prision to serve out his term--came up for parole and said no "I don't know all the rules to play by so I'll just do my time." The last time he was in medium security. He was a late teen on his first conviction and his last was in his late 40's. He had been a law abiding citizen for almost 20 years--at least as far as I knew. He lived in a rural area near my parents all of his adult life. The community were he lives knows about his past as well as the locale sherriff--they still accept him and is now a cook for one of the locale restaurants.

I've been on both sides of this situation and I will be the first to tell you--you do the crime you do the time--no time off for good behavior, no luxuries--TVs, computer, cigarettes, etc. I'd also be the first one to say that chain gangs should still be out there working to repair our roads, clean up our parks and work hard labor out in the fields that are now done by illegal immigrants. I'd love to see my tax dollars do some good when keeping a person behind bars--out cleaning up ditches with mounted guards all around and shotguns ready to use.

Anyone who is convicted of a violent crime should never see the light of day especially those involved in the taking of a life or the abduction and harming of our children.

Is our penal system a joke--a RESOUNDING YOU BET YOUR **S IT IS!!!. Is our Justice system crupt--NOT ALWAYS but cruption does exist and if you believe it doesn't you have your head in the sand.

Another good example that I've been on both side of--DHS. When I was first divorced and needed help to put food on the table went to apply for foodstamps--very honest about my needs had a plan in place to get off them as soon as possible--just needing a hand up not a hand out. Got $400 dollars a month for 3 months then stamps got smaller and smaller until nonexistent. I tried to work within the system--until one lady said I can tell you how to work the system--not have to work and I get XXX a month--I don't have to work. You wonder why our society is in such bad shape.

After watch OPRAH the other day on how other people live in other countires -- DENMARK is sure looking good at this point--Government taxes are high, mom's get a year off for maternity leave, if you loose your job the Government will retrain you and support you for up to 4 years, they even leave their babies out in strollers in front of their house to take naps without worry of them being abducted or harmed. Crime is almost unheard off. Sweden has been name the country with the happiest people.

Marty, you continue your fight to keep that killer in jail and behind bars. Start petitions to get the County Sherriff fired or re-called. Let people know that he is letting hardened criminals out without adequate security. Their scheduled outings are a matter of public record--get it and keep it in the public's eye.

I feel murderers and scum like this have sold their soul to the devil and the devil does their bidding and protects them to do his dirty work So many times I have seen liers and cheats get away with stuff time after time. Evil people steal, hurt and kill people all the time and just go on living killing and hurting.

In my heart I feel that when their time eventially comes it will be a blazing trip to you know where. They will get what is coming to them. We can pray that true punishment comes to people that have lived their lives for evil purposes.

Oh I am sooo glad 99.9% of you feel the same way as I do, and wrote earlier ... Fry the F%*çers in jail, so we have room for the next batch. No mercy for these people, we need more exicutions. Go to your news team , channel 2 news in the bay area would listen to you , also 7 on your side , but those are all California Bay Area TV stations. Can you make signs to post all over the place with his photo? petitions..? we would all sign for you. I think we all support you Marty . This is an outrage .again I am so sorry for the pain and frustration you are feeling. my sister was attacked in San francisco, she lost all her front teeth , and had a crushed maxile and mandable , she was never the same after the attack. It was a bum that attacked her, homeless, he got .60 cents from her , he was cleaned up , and had a new suit on for the hiering... he spent 1 month in jail... club med for him... my sister was never the same. 2 years of surgury, and a lifetime of fear. His name is Zach , and he has red hair , and he is a bum living on the streets of San Francisco.

Marty, I feel for you deeply and I agree 100%. Jail and prison should be a PUNISHMENT, not a resort!! Many years ago, I worked on a construction crew on a federal prison here. They have a lovely huge library with a 2 story ceiling, a music room, tv, a nice cafeteria that has one entire wall of glass windows so they can see the desert and wildlife outside. This was back in the early 80's and I was APPALLED. I wasn't living that good!

And this 'good behavior' crap has been going on a long time- it's not just in your area. The big thing is that 'prisoners have rights too'- or so they claim. The whole idea of jail or prison was to PUNISH offenders, not reward them but the bleeding hearts out there decided at some point to change all that.

All I can say is the guy BETTER be playing for God, because he's going to have a LOT of explaining to do when he goes to MEET God!!

I would involve the media as much as you can and MAKE NOISE. That is the only way to get things changed!! The Amber Alert system came to be because of one Mother that didnt quit and would not take no for an answer.

But, please don't let it eat you until you are ill. Just remember, there IS such a thing as karma, and God is watching, and He will take care of things when it is time!!! Sometimes it's sooner, sometimes it's later.

I just hate to hear this because you know, with this guy's history and record, what is going to happen. Just please don't make yourself ill - if you can't change this, work on what you CAN change! And be as loud as you can about it to anyone and everyone you can. Write to your state politicians- ALL of them. And keep it up. If you dont hear anything back, tell the media - the people you voted in dont care enough to try to protect the public, etc....

I would bet that he is not only out playing in a band but also getting paid for it. Well you pay for him to stay in jail.

I think a lot of the jail systems need to look at and roll model after Arizona. Bring back the chain gang! Make them do hard physical labor and make a public embarrassment out of them for the crimes they did. Don't give them weights to lift, tvs to watch, etc. This jail has the bare minimum and no luxuries for the criminals. They are forced to wear pink, go through daily cell searches, etc. Don't give them the life of luxury, but punish them for what they did. Surprises me there aren't more jails out there like this one. The dogs they rehabilitate get more expensive food than they do. Make it so they don't want to come back and should straighten out their lives. Off my soap box now.....

Marty, I would be outraged too that they allow this type of activities for inmates. It doesn't matter if they are in for petty theif or murder, they should pay their time and not make it a vacation. heck, I'd love to watch new releases, sit around, have my room cleaned for me, entertain and do virtually nothing. But I'm a law abiding citizen. So back to the daily grime of work. I agree with letting them earn their college degrees, but they should also work and pay back to society for what we are paying into there to keep them in.

Our "justice" system is a joke these days...I know many won't agree with me but I agree with an "eye for an eye" type of justice...There sure was a lot less crime when people were afraid of actually having real consequences for committing one....I'm all for the old ways of public hangings and losing a finger or hand for repeatedly stealing...People need to be held accountable for their actions..I personally believe the punishment should fit the crime...If the justice system worked the way I believe it should Marty and all of her family would be allowed some "private time" with this scum bag...I'm so sick of the bleeding heart human rights activists who think the prisoners aren't treated fairly or don't get the care they need...TOUGH they committed the crime they should pay the consequences of their actions end of story! Marty, I'm sure Michael is VERY proud of all you are doing to see that this piece of crap lives in heck like he deserves...I'm sorry the system is so corrupt as to let him enjoy even a second out of the jail house walls..I know how our justice system works.. I tried several times to get a restraining order against my ex husband before he did any real damage to me but was told unless there was a witness I was SOL....He had to just about kill me and put me in the hospital with a fractured skull for me to get one...Oh and the kicker they still think he's fit enough to visit with his daughter, even after he stabbed her with a fork and also left her alone at age six..She's 8 now and luckily he mostly stays out of her life..He just divorced again and was charged with domestic assault for beating her as well....Yup I love our "justice" system it works wonderfully if you're the criminal....

They are not easy on criminals here. There was a guy that shot and killed another and a good semaritian that tried to help the victum on mothers day and he has been sentinced to life with out parole. Now while I was out of town this last weekend a woman was out walking her dog and a man asked her for a cigeret. She said no and he beat her to death. There was a man that tried to stop him but it was too late. I am thinking the reason for life without parole is it is cheaper to keep them that way rather than keeping up with the apeals over and over again and it takes years to get rid of them. I think they should fry in the frist six months after their crime if that is the punishment. And yeh, where are the big rocks they are supposed to make into little rocks?

Marty, Big ((((hugs))) to you. You know if you want to talk I'm here. Get the media involved and let everyone know about the band. I agree with everything that has been said. Here in WI. our system is a BIG joke. The inmates have it better then most of us and I know that for a fact. A friends son is in prison right now and he doesnt want to get released! Heck, why should he...he is getting a degree (paid for by the state) has health care, acess to computers, 3 meals a day, no rent or utilities, a fitness gym, etc. plus dont have any property taxes to pay! Compared to law abiding citizens....house payments, health insurance, property taxes, utilities...etc. No one pays for any of our things. I agree with Jess..a eye for a eye, and the old hanging type of punishments. Maybe just maybe, if the prison system would get a lot tougher..it would cut down on the over-crowding, no one would want to go, rather then have the feeling of "I have it made in here".

Latest posts

Back