Our Mare udder

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockinSMiniature

Reaction score
Hi All,

Our mare, Gracie - she start showing swelling udder since almost two week ago.

I bought this mare from a breeder and I did contact her many time to find out what the due date is.

She never replied my email and I finally get her weefoal in couple months ago and she show as pos. and I kept my eye on her every day and check on her and etc.. She is doing fine and start trust me more in everyday and always wait for me on the porch for a fresh carrots..
default_smile.png

This taken at 3/10

Gracie_3_10_2.jpg

Then this taken today (3/17)

Gracie.jpg

What you all think?

I brush her belly and she RATHER not let me clip her and I don't want to stress her.

As far I know that the breeder told me that she has 2 foal then she replied back to me and said one foal and I have no idea and no record of her past foal.

I will try to take a side view photo of her in few hours.
default_smile.png

Will edit on here when I got it load up.

we have barn cam and hooked up on our tv in our bedroom and the barn are next to our house, which facing to our bedroom and we got everything ready and got the vet's number on our cell.
default_smile.png
We thought about to call them and let them know it is coming closer so they can be prepared for our call. Pray for everything to be alright and healthly foal!..

Here you go,

update%20001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would watch her closely starting now. The nipples do not look filled, but the udder as a whole looks pretty close. I have had mares foal with bags like this.

I would watch her closely starting now. The nipples do not look filled, but the udder as a whole looks pretty close. I have had mares foal with bags like this.
Hi Julie,

Thanks!.. Now I feel better and I am taking good naps for few days so I can be watching her at night too.

Please keep us posted with your mares too!..

I wouldn't be taking my eyes off her!!
Anna
Hi Anna,

I won't keep my eye off of her..
default_smile.png

I am waiting for next sign for foaling.

But never know!..

One time, I had a dog (rat terrier) that doesn't show ANY labor signs at all!

Just pop the puppies out and I will never forget what I saw my husband's face..
default_biggrin.png

It happened in 6 years ago.

Hi,

Here is update at 3/18 (photos)

I am hoping that she will wait until a week or so.

As the weather will be more nice, this coming Saturday that we might get rain and snow.. (mostly rain).

Congratulations Karrie! He sounds like exactly what you were hoping for!

Bring on the pictures!

Thank you soooo much for posting these pics. Being a first time mini mare in foal owner this is of tremndous help.

default_aktion033.gif
Congrats on your foal!

Latest posts

Back