Our First Foal for Small by Design Miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, everyone!

I too like Destinys Double Mocha Twist... But, I also like Destinys Macchiato Echo... Echo for her barn name... Like the name suggested Destiny's Chocolate Chip, too. I'll keep that name in reserve as I like anything to do with Chocolate! lol!

The pic of Goldie's vee was a week ago Monday... Just before the storm hit Oklahoma on Tuesday... I think she was going to go that night, but I think our worry about the storm transferred itself to her and she held off. I think this time, she thought... "oh crap, another storm... better get this one born!" On top of that, we have a black mare that is ready to foal any minute and another storm coming into OK. Her due date is 2/16, but she is an early foaler so could go any time. She is also bred to Concho... Since he's homozygous for black and has a creme gene, our only options for color are black, smoky black, grulla and smoky grulla... We'll probably have another grulla... I've always loved grullas in big horses... love the primitive markings. Grullas in Mustangs and Quarter Horse fetch premium prices too. But, we're breeding for dilutes, darnit! Concho's first filly is a Medicine Hat smoky grulla... We have her as well; she was bred by High Meadow Miniatures which is who we got Concho from.

If she keeps that curly hair... and I'm at odds with myself about that... that would seem to say she has the curly gene... Last night I did some googling on foals born with curly hair, and be danged if I didn't discover that Miniatures show the curly gene every once in a while!!! There are even a couple of Miniature farms that specialize in curlies and a "North American Curly Ponies and Miniatures Breeders List." Just when you thought it was safe to get out of the barn along comes a new 'twist' on Miniatures... ha-ha!

I've posted some new pics on Flickr... Shows her grulla coloring much better. She's not quite as curly, though. Mom keeps shedding on her too... I measured her cannon bone last night. It is 7 inches... Makes her height at about 30 inches when grown. That's about how tall Concho is. However, Goldie is pushing 34 inches... We'll see if Concho is a size reducer.

Thank you again, everyone... This is a great feeling1

Kari

Congratulations on such a cutie!!! She is adorable. Have fun with her!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Oh how precious...Just LOVE baby season and the photos.

Thanks for sharing with us and enjoy your little curlie girlie
default_wink.png

she is a little doll, love the curly hair. ongrats on your new girl. Hope we are going to have a filly year.
default_yes.gif

Back