Our 288 day baby!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my goodness. What a beautiful guy and family. I sure hope he makes a full recovery so you guys have many years of happiness for you all!!!!

Thank you everyone. We had to sedate Whitney and bring the baby into the house. I just couldn't provide the care he needs out there any longer, I have 3 young children. I feel so horrible taking him away. She's been wonderful with him and us and it's breaking my heart hearing her call him. He's in a playpen in the living room. He had another plasma transfusion today and is opening his eyes just a bit when I talk to him
default_wub.png
He still can't get up or control his body, every move he makes is wild and really exaggerated. But considering he hadn't opened his eyes or responded to us AT ALL since about 1 am this morning I am thrilled to see those little peeks through his lashes.

I forgot to mention earlier he has been getting IV glucose since yesterday. Someone mentioned that low blood sugar could cause his seizures and my husband does think that is part of his seizure issue, his little body just is not properly using what we are giving him. His other theory is brain damage so I'm going with the first theory

default_sad.png

My husband still thinks he has a chance so as long as that chance is there we will do all we can. This just feels so surreal, we just got through 7 months of caring for and treating Jedi and his broken leg before putting him down last month, we lost a filly to Colitis at a trainers in September and now this... nope, not losing ANY MORE, this little guy better make it
default_wub.png
I know these things happen though. If you want the good (those sweet little babies and show ring dreams) then I guess you better be ready for the bad too.

A quick unblanketing for a pic

Whitney_colt_playpen_2_25_09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers coming your way! What a precious little guy. Looks like you are trying everything possible!
default_smile.png

Shauna,

I'm praying for that sweet guy
default_pray.gif
I know how tough it is to care for the preemies and you're doing an amazing job! I actually don't know how you do it with your little ones needing you too. HUGS

Oh what a sweet little fellow, prayers coming for this precious little guy.

God Bless you and your husband for doing all you can.

Shauna, he is just absolutely precious. You all remain in my prayers.

Shauna,

I am so sorry to read that your foal is having such a hard time and truely hope that you are able to pull him through. Along with the great joy of having healthy foals and beautiful horses, is the great sorrow in having a sick one or loosing one.

My thoughs are with you.

Shauna- My heart breaks for you and your foal. Please keep us updated.

Peggy

Prayers that this little guy pulls through this tough time - you are doing everything humanly possible - big hugs.

Shauna- I am so sorry to hear your little guy is struggling. I will keep you and the little guy in my prayers! I see you are taking great care of him and giving him the best. I hope he turns around and starts getting stronger for you.

I thought about your little guy and family most the night last night

Many many thoughts, prayers and lots of hugs being sent your way

Poor thing... But you are being a good mommy to him & doing all that you can. I wish you 2 the best of luck & pray everything goes well.

God bless

Just come back to this post today and OMG! I'm praying he pulls through.

You and your husband are so devoted and I wish there were more like you guys in this world when it comes to any animal.

I really wish I could just click my fingers to make him better for you.

Your truly doing a wonderful job................my thoughts are with you all at this time.

Shauna, so sorry to read that the baby is struggling! I went through a septic foal last year and he was sick from birth on He spent about 7 days at the hospital with his dam. He pulled through and now is very feisty!! Just do what you can and leave the rest to God. I'm praying for you. My mare, Getty, who had the premature big bag is now at 298 days and I rejoice at every day that passes without her going into labor.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back