Our 288 day baby!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Shauna - I was afraid that he might be heading this direction from our conversation yesteday. Hopefully you will be able to pull him thru - you are truly doing everything possible, but it is still pretty touchy with these premies. Hugs go out to you and your hubby, I know how exhausting and emotional this whole ordeal has been.

I will keep you and your little guy in my thoughts and prayers . . .

Stacy

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear things have gone downhill. This little one has all the will to live you could ask for so keep praying and fighting along side him. We'll all be sending good wishes!!
default_pray.gif

Leia

You and your precious boy are in our prayers. In the picture with you asleep, he is smiling
default_wub.png

I'm so sorry.
default_sad.png
One thing is for sure, he's getting the best of love and care.

{{{{Hugs}}}} and prayers

Sorry to hear he's taken a turn for the worse....these premies are so fragile. Looks like you are doing all that can possibly be done, and it sure must help to have a vet in the house!
default_smile.png
Hope your little firecracker holds on for you,

Jan

Oh, no! I'm keeping you and the little guy in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.....

I am sending prayers and strength to your new baby. I DO hope things make a turn for the best. The little guy looks well-loved, that's for sure
default_wub.png

Sending prayers and big hugs. I unfortunately have experienced this too but mine because of dysmaturity and oxygen deprivation. Luckily you got your little boy out of the red bag quickly, he at least has that in his favor. I am so sorry you are experiencing this, what a bummer.
default_sad.png
Sending lots and lots of healing, healthy wishes.

I had two extreme premies March 2008. One went to the New Bolten Center(U of Pa) at day 3( should have gone sooner) and the other went at day 5. I slept in the barn, hung IVs gave IV antibiotic, seramune, milking mares, feedimg babies, sleeping only about 2-3 hours each day.

They both lived with about $8000 of intensive care. and are fine yearlings now. Thank God, they take payments monthly at New Bolten.

Low Blood sugar can and WILL cause seizures in foals.

Is the foal in the hospital or with you? Can you put a heater in the barn or heat lamp? Keeping them warm is so hard but so neccesary. They use up all their energy and blood sugar to try to stay warm. Low body temps will not allow digestion.

Wishing you all the best.

Robin

Hope he'll show improvement soon. You and your husband are certainly doing a great job. I can't imagine having a premie with pneumonia - it was bad enough having a newborn full term filly last year with pneumonia. Dream pulled through, but man I wouldn't want to go through it again.

Hugs to you all. Praying for some good news.

Barbie

Oh, that poor, precious little baby
default_no.gif
I'm so sorry to hear that he has taken a turn for the worse, but it is obvious that you are doing everything possible for him. Sending good wishes that he pulls through!

Im so sorry.
default_no.gif
I hope he can pull through. At least he has you guys there loving him!

Alisha

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear your little one has taken a turn for the worst. It can be so exhausting and heartwrenching.
default_sad.png
Sending prayers that he will pull through this.
default_pray.gif
:pray (((HUGS))) to you.
default_luck.gif

Stay strong, I know its overwhelming being a mom too. Hugs, I hope he makes it.

Oh Shauna, I was so happy when I just started reading this thread then I read your recent update!!! I am praying for your little guy! This is so sad! The pictures are heartbreaking! Stay strong.

Tammy

Shauna, I am so sorry he is having a rough time. He is the most precious little baby and that last picture of the two of you is just beautiful. I am crying now. He is so lucky he was born in your barn. A vet and all the love he could possibly need. Lucky little man. Saying big prayers here for him. And sending big hugs to you all. Oh and just gotta send kisses for his and his mommy's velvety noses.

default_no.gif
I'm very sorry you are having to go through this ordeal with that precious little baby! He is just such a fighter, with all our prayers and all you guys' love he is sure to pull through!
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back