Opinions on if my mare is pregnant is appreciated

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Taz

Reaction score
Her belly looks dropped like Izzy's although Izzy's gets a bit of a v look sometimes. That's more udder than Izzy has too. I know Izzy is in foal and hides it well, I would still be watching closely. I'm also not above calling the vet if she foals and telling them they were wrong, lmao. Good luck!!

PaintMeAMini

Reaction score
I stopped bringing her in at night but I might start again my other mini is a pig and steals her grain so I could regulate her feed easier if I did. I haven’t felt movement but about a week or two ago me and my friend felt movement near her abdomen. She is in a bad mood today and won’t let me touch her, I also now have a crack in my phone where she kicked it when I was trying to get a picture of her udders. I will definitely start watching her closely, she is starting to act strange.

PaintMeAMini

Reaction score
I brought her in tonight which she is not to happy about. On the fourth picture there is dried saliva where she is constantly scratching there.

Attachments

Taz

Reaction score
Can you jiggle her belly? I've been doing this with Izzy mostly as something to do. If I use two fingers low on her belly in front of her flank I can jiggle her belly like a water balloon. Full of fluid, they don't do that if they're just getting fat.

PaintMeAMini

Reaction score
Can you jiggle her belly? I've been doing this with Izzy mostly as something to do. If I use two fingers low on her belly in front of her flank I can jiggle her belly like a water balloon. Full of fluid, they don't do that if they're just getting fat.
Her belly is really tight but it does jiggle. If she is in foal she hides it very well.

Attachments

Ryan Johnson

Reaction score
To look at visually , she doesn’t look pregnant . BUT you know her better than anyone , so I would definitely continue to treat her as she is . Looking at her udder, it could be the start of an udder development or it’s the udder of a mare that has foaled before . I just answered this on another thread , but do you happen to have clover in your pasture ?

PaintMeAMini

Reaction score
To look at visually , she doesn’t look pregnant . BUT you know her better than anyone , so I would definitely continue to treat her as she is . Looking at her udder, it could be the start of an udder development or it’s the udder of a mare that has foaled before . I just answered this on another thread , but do you happen to have clover in your pasture ?
That is also what I was wondering if it could be the spring grass. She has been on a dry lot for about a week now but in the grass pasture there is clover.

PaintMeAMini

Reaction score
Just as I was about to type that I had lost hope of a foal I actually saw movement at supper time.iIt could have been wishful thinking but it looked like movement near her abdomen. She has been off the pasture for about a week with little to no change in her udder.

Attachments

Taz

Reaction score
I feel for you! I'm going through the same thing. Is she/ isn't she? It's worse than knowing they are and doing the waiting game.

PaintMeAMini

Reaction score
I am starting to think she is just going to have large udders that look like they are filling because she has had no change in her belly dropping,no udder change, no movement just nothing. Even though I have lost hope in a foal I believe we can now safely train for hunter and showmanship classes for the local pony club we will soon be joining. Best of luck to you Taz I am still hoping for a healthy happy foal from Izzy! And thank you to everyone for the wonderful advice that might come handy in the future! I will still monitor her just because you never know but I have lost any hope for a foal.

Latest posts