one mare due to foal. COLT! born 24/9/12 :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well with those long legs he will take a little time to get them organised (connected to his brain LOL!!) bless him.

Thanks for the pics Cassie - cant wait to see some new ones when you are able to turn him out. Hows Classic doing?

will upload some pics from his first day out after work
default_smile.png

loving this little guy already! so cute!

"hudson" is 4 days old today so if he is going to get the virus we will know in the next day or two... fingers crossed he is clean!

he is such a funny little guy! and is coming up to me for scratches now such a character!

his show name is "Lai Lai River's Final Salute" here are some pics of him from his first day out
default_smile.png

I have more at home which I will put up later for you all
default_smile.png
249525_4243475619362_347805351_n.jpg

267321_4243477459408_1957765824_n.jpg

408590_4667060124548_1604322551_n.jpg

644648_4667052484357_977455774_n.jpg

He is adorable, and I really love his name! Hoping for the best
default_smile.png

"hudson" is 4 days old today so if he is going to get the virus we will know in the next day or two... fingers crossed he is clean!

he is such a funny little guy! and is coming up to me for scratches now such a character!

his show name is "Lai Lai River's Final Salute" here are some pics of him from his first day out
default_smile.png

I have more at home which I will put up later for you all
default_smile.png
View attachment 11681

View attachment 11682

View attachment 11683

View attachment 11684
OMG! He's so cute. If he's pali, he's my favorite color, ever.

Oh Cassie he's gorgeous!! Keeping my fingers crossed for him.
default_pray.gif

thanks guys
default_smile.png
well the first day is passed and all is well
default_smile.png
they are most suceptible (sp) between 4-7 days old... Renee's two new little foals are also doing great! so here's hoping we don't EVER see it again!

day 8 and Hudson is doing great! no signs of the virus and if he was going to get it, it would have been from day 4 to day 7 so phew! all safe
default_smile.png

Diane to answer your question, they didn't vaccinate... as vet didn't think it necessary....

Classic is doing great and loves her baby, she is a little foal proud but is fine once she figures out that you aren't going to hurt her baby.

Hudson has found Finn and LOVES him!!!! LOL.

of course they aren't in together but Hudson nickers to him through the fence and loves it when Finn comes up to the fence line. so very cute! they are out 24/7 now
default_smile.png
and Suzie will be going back in at night once I do a good disenfect of the stable...

thought I would let you know so I don't get in trouble LOL Suzie is going to another show on Sunday
default_smile.png
will take my camera and hopefully get some good pics for you all
default_smile.png

Good luck for next Sunday Cassie -- and be sure you DONT FORGET that camera!!

will get some new pics for you this afternoon
default_smile.png

still hoping to get to the show with Suzie on Sunday, but my friend who would be taking me might not be going now
default_sad.png
her horse is being really naughty atm, and getting his tongue over the bits, so they aren't sure if they will be able to take him
default_sad.png
hoping they still will... I really want to take Suzie out!! LOL.

got some pics of Hudson with some little friends of ours (and Finn and Suzie
default_smile.png
) so I will load those up this arvo as well for you
default_smile.png

Suzie had the little girls on her back (I was holding them) but first time she has had someone on her back and she was a star! so good!! and Finn, well he was perfect! they were running around with him playing with his ball and he would run after them and play with them and when he had enough he would come and plonk himself down on my lap LOL (got pics of that too LOL) will show you all later
default_smile.png

Hudson has been naughty atm!!! he is rearing up!!! whats the best way for me to stop him doing this? I have stopped sitting down when I play with him so he isn't taller then me when he rears up... but any advice? I dn't want him getting away with anything!

I can't wait for new photos!!

As for the rearing situation... Not to sure, I have never had to deal with something like that.

haha me neither Lexi LOL doing my head in! I'm now realising what an awesome foal Finn was, sure he went through the kicking stage and a small biting stage but nothing like Hudson LOL. BRAT!!!!! I want to spend time with him but whenever he comes up to me he rears up on me or bites me
default_sad.png
I'm half thinking I will ignore him for a bit and see if that helps :/ LOL

Push him away, gently but firmly. At this stage I consider it more useful just to redirect the unwanted behaviour rather then punish it. Loki tried to kick us when he wanted a butt rub but he was very easily deterred when he realised it meant I'd push him away and remove his fun.

And yes more pics please!

I agree with Bree Cassie, he is small enough for you to just push him away for the moment, but too young to be seriously corrected. Yes you were lucky with Finn, little Hudson is doing what he would be doing if he had another foal as a companion - just trying out different movements during playtime! I think a certain amount of leeway has to be allowed where a foal is minus a playmate.

Cant wait to see the promised pictures!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back