one mare due to foal. COLT! born 24/9/12 :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
default_saludando.gif

I would like to introduce you all to a very special mare that has just come to my property to have her foal.

She is owned by Renee of Anyssa Park and is leased out to Karen of Lai Lai miniatures, if you have been checking in on Renee's thread on here you will see that she has had a VERY rough time to start her foaling season, her first two foals have contracted Rotavirus and so her property is under quarantine and she had to get the rest of her mares out... Classic (the mare who has come to me) was at Renee's property but on the far side away from the foaling stables, we don't think that she has been in contact with the virus but just want to be safe.

So Karen brought Classic down to me yesterday and she will stay with me probably the next 3-6 months... just depending how the foal goes.

she is the sweetest mare, and already neighs to me when she see's me.

This will be a very special foal as it will be Karen's last foal as River her stallion has been gelded.

here is the lovely Classic. In foal to River, SC Caspers Lord of the Dance.

Classic.JPG

classic2.JPG X SC Caspers Lord Of the Dance.jpg

I have taken pictures of her from this morning and at lunch will upload them onto here for you.

I think she has just started bagging up, as her udder seems a little more filled then yesterday, she is a very sneaky mare and doesn't bag up completely but Karen did tell me that she will run white milk the day/night before foaling and she fills about 1/2-3/4 before foaling (glad I still have my PH strips from Penny lol)

Just waiting on marestare to get back to me to set up the cameras and then you will see her.

Thank you so much to everyone who watches/ checks in on this beautiful girl

Cassie

Last edited by a moderator:
She's such a nice mare! I had to sit on my hands when I saw she was for sale recently
default_wink.png

I see possible spots in our future here! She looks like a varnish appaloosa and a pretty one at that?

When is she due Cassie?
isn't she precious!
default_smile.png
yeah very possible spots!
default_smile.png

she could foal anytime from now... though the vet thinks she won't foal till 25th Sept... lol she was running with the stallion
default_smile.png

given the fact that she has just started with the udder I would think next 3 weeks... but we shall see, I want to keep a close eye on her as she is a sneaky one and I don't want anything to go wrong for Karen!

haha Bree oh really? lol. I'm glad you like her
default_smile.png
Renee's mare's are always gorgeous!

will be home for lunch soon, and will put the pics up from this morning...

pics from this morning... sorry only udder pics... her tummy isnt doing anything much yet but karen said last foal she had she didnt really get a V so a sneaky mare all over lol... not much happening but I think its a small increase compared to last night...

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

What a lovely mare Cassie - you must be so excited (and a little nervous!) to have her with you to foal. How many foals has she had in the past? From those udder pics it looks as though she is on the count down for you.

Cant wait for the marestare - good luck!!

Thanks Bree
default_smile.png

Classic was following Dad around this evening when he came into the paddocks to say hi to the horses LOL she is such a love bug!

haha yes Anna, very excited and Nervous!

she was yawning a bit just before I fed her... but I so the foal moving a lot in her stomach so she was prob just feeling a bit of pressure from that
default_smile.png

Classic is beautiful Cassie! Cant wait to meet her little one
default_smile.png
I will be praying all goes smoothly!

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png

she is so gorgeous
default_smile.png

not much change in her this morning, though she has done lots of mushy poops over night... but I don't know if thats just from change of place change of feed....? or if it means she is cleaning out... :/ lol I'm guessing the first as she hasn't increased her udder over night... and baby is still riding high in her tummy... will let you all know when marestare is set up
default_smile.png

She is a beauty Cassie. Karen is so fortunate to have you close enough and willing to help. Will be watching and praying for a safe foaling.

She is a beauty Cassie. Karen is so fortunate to have you close enough and willing to help. Will be watching and praying for a safe foaling.
Hazel!!! :D glad you could Stop by
default_smile.png
how are you? How are your gorgeous minis?!

Thank you she is a lovely mare, I'm just so glad I could help
default_smile.png

Thanks oh n you just reminded me to

Pay marestare so I can get it up n running hehe thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, Gee is been a long while since Ive checked in here. I hope you are all well and enjoying all your fur kids.

First of a all I'd like thank Cassie and her family again for helping us out with Classic. Its not easy for us to not be foaling her out (we know she's in great hands though). But with the risks involved with letting her have bub at the Stud are just too risky
default_sad.png

I couldnt think of a better place for her to be right now. Cassie is one of the most loving, caring and commited young ladies Ive ever had the pleasure of meeting. She is showering my girl with so much love and attention
default_smile.png
she probably wont want to return home lol.

Id also like to thankyou all in advance for your Mare Staring eyes.

Thanks again Cassie....we love you beautiful girl xxxx

Hello everyone, Gee is been a long while since Ive checked in here. I hope you are all well and enjoying all your fur kids.

First of a all I'd like thank Cassie and her family again for helping us out with Classic. Its not easy for us to not be foaling her out (we know she's in great hands though). But with the risks involved with letting her have bub at the Stud are just too risky
default_sad.png

I couldnt think of a better place for her to be right now. Cassie is one of the most loving, caring and commited young ladies Ive ever had the pleasure of meeting. She is showering my girl with so much love and attention
default_smile.png
she probably wont want to return home lol.

Id also like to thankyou all in advance for your Mare Staring eyes.

Thanks again Cassie....we love you beautiful girl xxxx
oh Karen thank you!

Love you too! and I'm so grateful that you thought of me to foal out your beautiful girl!

haha yes I have been spoiling her.... lol just a little bit
default_whistling.gif
she is such a hard mare to NOT spoil LOL she follows me round and nickers to me all the time gorgeous girl!

I just hope that I can do the best job with foaling her out
default_smile.png

guess what?! http://www.marestare...?alias=classick my camera is up!!! woohoo!
default_thumbup.gif

I don't have it running tonight as she isn't in the stables yet of a night time... but I was so happy I had to tell you all
default_smile.png

I'm hoping to either fix my second camera or get a new one... Smartie knocked it off when he was in the stable one day....
default_thumbdown.gif
brat! lol but I do have my original camera which is in the stable... so hoping to be able to get her up tomorrow
default_yes.gif

Thanks for anyone who watches Karen's gorgeous girl!

oh and here are some pics from tonight... (just so you all know she is a ,mare who puts everything into her foal... but she has gorgeous foals so we will excuse her for that... so anyway she is just a little skinny... but be assured she is getting plenty of feed and care
default_smile.png
)

she also sheds out in patches lol, silly girl!

010.JPG

011.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

hey Diane, I LOVE your new profile pic! Spotty is soo gorgeous! what a fantastic shot of him!

not much change again this morning... she is just happy getting settled which is fine with me
default_smile.png

I let Suzie in with her this morning and let them into the backyard... Classic was doing a little squealing and Suzie ran to me saying "I don't like this new friend!" but now their best buddies munching on the grass funny things these mares! lol, poor Penny wanted to be involved as well, but I don't know how Finn would go and I don't really want to leave him by himself, I'm such a sook LOL.

poor Classic must have been feeling a bit of pressure this afternoon... she rolled then sat up and rubbed her bum and udder on the ground for ages then got up went to the gate and just pushed and pushed and pushed against the gate... luckily I had locked it :/ thinking I might put her in the stable tonight with Suzie in the paddock next to her... just so she gets used to it...
default_smile.png

Putting her in the stable would be a good idea Cassie - gives her time to build up her immunity to any 'bugs' before she foals - it takes around a month for mares to build up full immunity to a 'new place' so their foals are born with natural 'protection' already in their systems, so Classic and her baby should be fine by the time she foals.
default_yes.gif

WOW Diane, Spotty certainly is a beautiful boy
default_smile.png

Thank you for sharing your experience with Rotorvirus. Such a horrid thing for new bubs to have to endure.

Renee has now turned a corner with the 2 little guys (alot of exhausting hours put in by her). She is now able to grab a full night sleep
default_smile.png
Poor little Gator (the 1st born on the farm for the season) really had it bad too
default_sad.png

Cassie, that bag is moving in the right direction WOOOHOOOOO!!! but I still think another 2 weeks or so. Ill chat to you tomorrow beautiful girl xxxxx

Cheers

Karen

Thanks Anna
default_smile.png
she has had access to the stable n can come n go as she chooses but tonight I locked her up as her bag was a big fuller again n teats pointing straight down... She also had a fairly good v happening... I'm hoping though that she will hold off for a bit n do as her mummy says n wait two weeks
default_smile.png

Having trouble with getting the camera up :/ heading to bed now... But will check my emails during the night in case heather emails me back...

Hope you have a great time in tamworth Karen! :D you guys deserve a break n a rest!!!

Latest posts

Back