On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5.10 am the girls are quiet so I am going to grab a quick shower. Be good now girls.!

Morning update: All that rolling that Toffee did hasn't gotten the foal into position yet but her udder looks full and tight. I think she has pretty much caught up with Dancer except for getting baby in position. I have felt for a couple of weeks that Dancer seems to be waiting for Toffee to foal and wonder if that is possible??? Can they do that?? I still predict May 3-7 for both of them, which would get this over with in another week!!!! Safely, I hope....

Another observation which some might be able to relate to: I think I have found a solution to that "problem" that we tend to encounter as we get older that time seems to fly by a lot faster than it did when we were younger. And then we start waiting for mares to foal, and time seems to move at the same (slow) speed it did 30 or 40 years ago!!!!

default_new_rofl.gif
Let me get this straight. If I slow time down I will get more done, Right? so in this case I need to buy a mare in foal and give up all my time by do nothing other than watch her until she foals??

Diane pass me the Nutty Nursery Straight Jacket, we have an emergency, our friend Mary has gone down with Marewatch weirdness
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Ha ha - no, you don't get more done - far from it. But the time sure moves slowly when all you do is wait and watch. Kinda like what happens when you are at the dentist - that is another way to slow time down, you youngsters might have noticed.

Like when you are waiting for you pay check at the end of the month
default_sad.png
the last week goes reallllll slow.

OMG CONGRATULATIONS MARY
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_488.gif
Looks like another big baby with gorgeous stockings.
default_firstprize.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
yahhooooooooooooooo its a baby girl, fantastic Toffee. Thanks Sara, I was on the edge of my seat here waiting to hear. She must have gone really fast cos I have been keeping an eye on her whilst cleaning yet I missed it.

Clyde is the hero here. She went really fast and never set the alarm off again!!!!! I fed lunch and noticed Clyde has his head in Toffee's stall so I RAN around just in time to see 2 feet and a head coming out. She must have changed big time since I let her out at 9 AM and put Dancer out around 10 because baby was NOT in position then..

Wow she was even faster than last year, I had your cam up and was cleaning and keeping an eye on them, I must have missed it by a minute cos I saw you drying baby. Well done Clyde

Next year how about stitching the foal alarm into her vulva
default_new_rofl.gif

Good boy Clyde!! I had a mare that showed me no signs at all. She was just standing there looking bored and eating hay. The mare in the next stall started running in circles and her poor foal was doing everything he could to keep up with his mum, after about ten minutes of this she stopped and stared as the other mare layed down and made two pushes and poped out a little one like "Hey no big deal".

OH WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Hooray - what a gorgeous filly - look at those stockings!! Well done Toffee!!

Many congratulations Mary - absolutely brilliant. Just been glued to the screen watching the little (or not so little one!!) trying to find her feet. When you have a moment please can we have all the details - for those of us that had to sit in the dentist chair today while the time passed so slowly (!!), so we missed the great occasion.

Oh and pics too when you can please.
default_yes.gif

Again many congrats - keep an eye on Dancer, she's looking a bit 'fidgety' or is it that she's watching all the activity in Toffee's stall?

Just read the other posts - huge hugs for Clyde, what a clever boy!!

Latest posts

Back