Oklahoma Equine Chiroprators?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JewelsOK

Reaction score
A while back there was mention of some equine chiropractors in Oklahoma and I can't recall the post title. My daughter's show mare (full size Paint) suffered a horrible injury 5 months ago and Oklahoma State University says the she will never be sound again. Before I totally give up on this beautiful mare, I'd like to have a reputable chiro take a look at her and see what they think.

So, anyone know of a trustworthy chiropractor in North Central OK?

Here is the beauty (former owner in the picture):

ShezaLaceyZippoPintoWorld20082.jpg

Mine is down near Lawton, but ThreeCFarm went to one around Edmond and was very pleased. I could have her email you if you cannot find her site.

Mine has made a huge difference in my horse. For some reason, vets are very wary of chiropractors--I guess it is the same with humans and doctors.

I have never used a chiro for myself or for an animal. What am I likely to be charged for an exam/treatment? Do they ever make barn calls?

Anyone know of stories where the horse was written off by vets only to be "cured" by chiro?

We had a lot of hope (and $$) invested in this mare. My daughter showed her the first weekend we owned her and within the first week she was injured. Strange thing is her type of injury is so rare OSU has NEVER seen it and there is no information on it after the 1970's. The really weird thing is that the injury is usually only seen in Mini's and Pony's, not full sized horses. We have NO idea how this injury occurred.

Thanks for the information!

She is as sweet as she is pretty! It is so unfair that this happened to her (and to my daughter)!

Julie

Last edited by a moderator:
He isn't centerally located but I have used him and he is good. Worked on my mini gelding who was pretty bad and he showed me that chiro actually works. He also does acupuncture but didn't have that procedure done.

He is located in Grove, OK I believe and his name is W.D. Taylor 918-260-6488

If I remeber right I think he charged me $50, but that is with a mini, not sure on a big horse.

I used Duckworth Animal Chiropractic. Dr Joe is Board Certified and specializes in Canine and Equine care. He is also a practicing Human Chiropractor as well. He is in Oklahoma City. I have used him on several ocassions and love his work. PM me if you would like his number.

Thanks everyone. I'll start with Dr. Danielson since he has the most recommendations (and is the closest). He returned my call and I have emailed medical records, x-rays and videos to him to look at. He'll do so and call me back.

For those who like to look at x-rays: http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/j...cey%20Shoulder/

and for those that want to see her move 5 months later:

Thanks for the information. I'll keep you posted...

Latest posts

Back