Odette *colt*, Britt *colt*.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back watching, Merlin is down resting with mum standing over him
default_smile.png

back up lol woops sorry Renee

merlin must be cooler this morning as he is lying right under the heat lamp where as last night he spent most of his time out of it... a bit roll just then... stop scaring you mumma little man please!!!

I am not sure he has actually realised that there is heat under the lamp, he just flops down wherever he is
default_smile.png
As soon as the sun comes up I will try taking off his rug. They will have to go down to the barn soon and I am not putting the heat lamp there, I am only using it as you are watching, it is too dangerous to leave unattended. Do you think he is healthy enough to go down to the barn? It means I won't be able to go check on him after 8.00pm

Oh I forgot to say Goodmorning:) as you might have seen Cassie I over slept. Grrrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind oversleeping Renee, sleep is good and you have a lot to catch up on - not sure it helps with your morning work with Matteo and Alby though - were you late for the school run??

I would give Merlin another couple of days before moving him to the barn - mainly for your sake (you will worry too much!). But yes get his rugs off for a couple of spells during the day to give his skin a chance to breathe and him to have a scamper without them, especially as he cant go out in the bad weather. How much space can you give them down at the barn, can you have a bigger area for them in case the weather turns nasty again - not sure of what is available to you down there?

haha, I had a crazy day and was in and out alot so I didn't know if you had been in or not, hope I didn't wake u with that msg Renee :s

I'm glad you had a nice sleep in, you deserved it
default_smile.png

quick question, is it normal for mares to have a tight full udder when you first wean the foal off them? ( AHHH I hate this!!) lol

Merlin is snoozin again SOOO cute!

Yes Cassie it is normal, if the weather permits you could hose her udder down a couple of times a day for a couple of days and that should help it go down.

Anaa I feel sorry for Britt closed in snd alone but I need to make sure Merlin is healthy cos I am alone at night. Oh decisions decisions.

When they do go back I will put the puppies on cam
default_smile.png

Thanks for your advice Renee, poor Suzie mumma!

I just checked in and saw they were out so as Diane says I hope they are having a great time out playing in the sun! :D

ooh puppies on cam
default_smile.png
hmmm don't know which is better LOL maybe a couple more days for Britt and Merlin I think... BWDIK
default_smile.png
they are your horses renee, you will do what is best i"m sure
default_smile.png

LOL!! You will have to learn to move that camera a bit quicker to keep up with that young man Renee!!

Just so wonderful to see him doing what babies should be doing - racing, chasing and bucking full of the joys of life! Brilliant!!

Thank you so much for the pics and that fab video - it makes the heart so happy to watch him.
default_yes.gif

Note to Cassie - yes perfectly normal for udders to get full and tight at weaning, just dont be tempted to 'ease it off' by milking a little bit. Left alone nature will slowly dry her out - just watch for any sign that it could be getting over hot or painful. And yes, cool water can help.

I am glad you enjoyed watching his antics
default_smile.png
That is just a little run area for them to stretch their legs a little. I put them out on the lawn for grass several times today and they loved it
default_smile.png
I just hope the weather holds
default_pray.gif

8.55pm and one very tired and contented little Merlin fast asleep watched over by his happy Momma!
default_hypocrite.gif

Puppy Update!

We went to the vets today for a check up and told me to wean them as there are so many and they are running down Izzy, So now they are going to run me down
default_new_rofl.gif
they are very lively and are starting to play :

3 weeks.JPG

3 weeks old.JPG

Oh they are just soooooooooooooooooo cute!! Well you and Izzy can share the feeding duties over the next week Renee, before you take over completely. Now do we hope that Odette foals while you still have help from Izzy or would it be easier for you to have the pups on a regular feeding programme??? I think you are going to be very busy again for the next few weeks - and you haven't really had a day to draw breath since little Merlin was born, so please try to get at least 3 or 4 full night's sleep before life gets excting again!!
default_yes.gif

How's Eagle doing? Are you having to follow a special programme with him - food and exercise wise? It would be lovely to see a picture of him!

Latest posts

Back