Obama -- Recap Of His First Bit of Time In Office

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(and where did that all come from anyway)
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib....p;cid=N00009638

This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2008 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.
Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization's members or employees (and their families). The organization may support one candidate, or hedge its bets by supporting multiple candidates. Groups with national networks of donors - like EMILY's List and Club for Growth - make for particularly big bundlers.

University of California $1,385,675

Goldman Sachs $980,945

Microsoft Corp $806,299

Harvard University $793,460

Google Inc $790,564

Citigroup Inc $657,268

JPMorgan Chase & Co $650,758

Stanford University $580,904

Sidley Austin LLP $574,938

Time Warner $547,951

National Amusements Inc $541,251

WilmerHale $524,292

UBS AG $522,019

IBM Corp $518,557

Skadden, Arps et al $510,274

Columbia University $503,566

Morgan Stanley $490,873

US Government $479,956

General Electric $479,454

Latham & Watkins $467,311
And:

Individual contributions $656,357,572 88%PAC contributions $1,830 0%

Candidate self-financing $0 0%

Federal Funds $0 0%

Other $88,626,223 12%

Last edited by a moderator:
Id still take the man over Bush anyday! This economy SUCKS, and im afraid if someone were to even atack us we wouldn't have any military to protect us. PRetty sad when Hurricane katrina hit we couldn't even get people down there to help it. Its sad to me we can take care of other countrys before our own.

I think after bush people expected Obama to be a Robot and fix everything, this man has a lot of crap to make up for after bush. Take that into consideration. Besides hes been a President for a whopping 2 months. Just wait and see. In a year, make these decisions.

and people wonder why I rarely come to the forum anymore...
I agree. Its cool if people have there own opinions but to bash on other people, they are human to, and you can't judge someone after two months.

Exactly, Palomino. I've heard people complain that he's trying to do too much too quickly-but then when we goes on Leno or takes a few minutes to talk about a hobby, he's suddenly wasting time when he should be working! And oftentimes both of those complaints come out of the same people.

Just a little something again to help put the concept of billions and trillions in perspective:

In order to accumulate the trillion dollars that the fed printed up a little over a week ago…the government would have had to bank, eleven million and seven hundred and seventy thousand dollars a day, every day, since July 4th, 1776.

Once you pick your jaw back up off the floor…

Bear in mind that this administration has been in office less than 100 days…and thus far they have accumulated more national debt than all the previous administrations, George Washington thru George W. Bush, added together (That includes the debt incurred to finance all of the wars that this country has fought).

Based on this predition....Based on Obama's overview of his $4 trillion $1.75 trillion deficit budget, the chart predicts that, by 2010 -- after the Democrats have controlled congress for only four years, the national debt will stand at $17.6 trillion. That is very nearly double the $8.67 trillion debt the Democrats "inherited."

This country simply cannot afford the current administration.

Charley
hug2.gif
- it would really help if you gave links when you quote someone - I am not singling you out - but it is easier to see where the statement came from and see it in context.

Here is a link for the blogger Charley quoted...

http://www.americac2c.org/profiles/blogs/t...y-simply-cannot

And that blogger deliberately failed to note that this administration inherited trillions of $$$ of debt that W had accumulated beforehand - which had happened faster than all previous administrations put together. So add the new stuff on top of that - and the blogger has somewhat skewed the facts. A lot. Just more doublespeak. That you are not supposed to question or delve into - and just take at face value.

But whatever. That is why it is always best to check everything out from multiple sources.

I do not even pretend to know what the solution for the current economic situation is. I loathe the big bailouts to some companies that should go under if they cannot manage their affairs without begging for more money.

I will always be skeptical and cynical of ANY politician... even Obama. I am not a sheep, I drink no koolaid. But I do get frustrated at the current trend to excuse Bush for having done things that Obama is being accused of...

I had to smile at a talk radio show this a.m... the host was annoyed with Obama for the Leno appearance (but then he is annoyed with every breath Obama takes, too) and said that someone needs to tell him to stop campaigning. Yeah right - all politicians are always campaigning. But anyway - a caller phoned in about the Cheney interview I mentioned earlier and said then someone better tell Cheney to stop campaigning as well - and the host had to admit he was right...
default_rolleyes.gif

It was in an email sent to me, I had not read the blog. Also Katie Couric said it on the news a couple nights ago. That was where I originally heard it.

This country simply cannot afford the current administration.

No, fact is we couldnt afford the LAST administration. If that one hadnt been in, most likely we would be in a better situation to handle what is going wrong now. If we didnt have the fuel companies rape our economy, then maybe people would have been able to afford their ARMS readjusting. Then maybe housing prices wouldnt have fallen. Etc Etc Etc. We couldnt afford the last administration ( and yes, Democrats are at fault too) for giving banks the TARP money with no strings attached. Seriously, who would have thunk that they would have in turn, then pay out major bonuses? Or even worse, bonuses before the jobs were even done? The financial industry ( among many) have ZERO morals, and ZERO common sense. Kudos for the House for trying to tax those bonuses, dont know how or why that thought process got stopped.

What we should do is not allow bonuses to be paid when people leave. They should get whatever money when they retire. That way they would have a vested interest in the longevity of that company and not run it into the ground then bail out. But, who am I but a housewife, guess my common sense meter isnt as finely tuned as those CEOs
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the link Lowrise. God Bless the USA.
No problem. I guess if Obama did buy his way into office, he was only able to do it because so many people wanted him to!

Bush railroaded his way into office too. Lost the popular vote, but one the electoral college. Kinda thought we were supposed to have a populace majority rule. And YES, I would absolutely still feel this way if the roles were reversed. I didnt want to see Bush in office, but the will of the people is what should get them in.

Someone asked why we now bring up Bush. Because he still has relevence. Just as Clinton had relevence 8 years ago when you all were bringing him up.

Lets give the man a break and time. I don't like everything he's done either but still beats the alternative! I think Michele has been wonderful so far too, I think it's time for a unique couple to be in the white house. JMO

Well, I guess Jill should run for president next time. It's apparent she has all the answers and can whip this country back into shape in no time.
default_rolleyes.gif

Well, I guess Jill should run for president next time. It's apparent she has all the answers and can whip this country back into shape in no time.
default_rolleyes.gif
Awwwwwwwww
love0034.gif
Thanks, Tango!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif

SUIT.jpg

You're quite welcome Jill. I'll even donate the first bucket of horse apples for your campaign.
default_saludando.gif

You're quite welcome Jill. I'll even donate the first bucket of horse apples for your campaign.
default_saludando.gif
Good deal! You know I always say, there are more horses' "butts" in the world than there are horses
happy0144.gif

Work-Eithic.jpg

Rich-Taxpayers.jpg

Change-Working-Out.jpg

Lowrise, it's too bad no one ever taught our current President proper grammar. How embarassing
ashamed0005.gif

Well Obama just ordered 4,000 more military troops into Afghanistan, more of our beloved troops will die.
default_sad.png
The terrain is just so bad over there. Please pray for our Troops.

"Good deal! You know I always say, there are more horses' "butts" in the world than there are horses"

.....and that's straight from the horse's mouth...er.....
default_rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back