Obama -- Recap Of His First Bit of Time In Office

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Got this email, and felt like I'd share since I couldn't have said it better myself!!! ... other than to maybe also mention the tacky gift basket of DVD's he gave to the British Prime Minister[/SIZE]
ok.gif

-----------------

So, Let's Recap--

1. The American people elect a president with a total of 142 days experience as a US Senator from the most politically corrupt state in America whose governor is ousted from office. The President's first official act is to order the close of Gitmo and make sure terrorists civil rights are not violated.

(He screwed up!!)

2. The U.S. Congress rushes to confirm Attorney General, Eric Holder, whose law firm we later find out represents seventeen Gitmo Terrorists.

(An honest mistake!)

3. The CIA Boss appointee, Leon Panetta has absolutely no experience, has a daughter Linda we find out, who is a true radical anti-American activist and a supporter of all the Anti-American regimes in the western hemisphere.

(There were socio-economic factors involved!)

4. We got the most corrupt female in America as Secretary of State; bought and paid for.

(You can put lipstick on a pig, but it will still have cankles!)

5. We got a Tax Cheat for Treasury Secretary who files his own taxes.

(He misspoke!)

6. A Commerce Secretary nominee who withdrew due to corruption charges.

(Another honest mistake???)

7. A Tax cheat nominee for Chief Performance Officer who withdrew under charges.

(Hmmm... another screw-up?)

8. A Labor Sec'y nominee who withdrew under charges of unethical conduct.

(OK, maybe this person was just plain stupid)

9. A Sec'y HHS nominee who withdrew under charges of cheating on his taxes.

(I'm running out of excuses for these idiots!!)

10. Multiple appointments of former lobbyists after an absolute campaign statement that no lobbyists would be appointed.

( I'm starting to twitch!) )

And that's just the first three weeks. . but who's counting?

America is being run by the modern-day Three Stooges ~ Barrack, Nancy , and Harry ~ and they are still trying to define stimulus..."it's spending"...

The congress passes the $800,000,000,000 (that's $800 billion) pork loaded spending bill where the government gives you a smidgen of your tax dollars ($13 per week) making you feel so good about yourself [stimulated] that you want to run out to Wal-Mart and buy a new Chinese-made HDTV and go home and watch Telemundo!

Yee-haw!!! Only in America , what a country...

We are lost... Don't you just love this guy?

In these times

"I'll keep my God, my freedom, my gun, and my money.

You can keep "THE CHANGE".

Obama-NOPE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, whatever happened to supporting the President?
Oh no no no no no Dahling. You see, the thing is to state that you will, then you will receive an email that while mostly factual, it also turns those facts for its own device. Kinda like how Bush landed and claimed MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and that wasnt a media ploy, but everything Obama does is. Do as I say, not as I do.
default_laugh.png

Well, frankly, I haven't seen him CHANGE anything other than increase our national debt. Needs to spend less time on Late Night talk shows and "leaving" Washington, and get something done.

Jill,

I was just starting to think as to how I was going to respond to your post when it suddenly came to me as I read your signature line.

"...of course that is just my opinion. I could be wrong"

LOL

Gary

Excuse me but you all know Jill is right. You just can't admit it that the voters made a mistake. A BIG one at that. Forget about what happened in the Bush administration and move on. It is what we have to do. You can all b***h about Bush all you want but he is no longer President and Obama promised us he would change things. Only nobody but a few of us knew it would be for the worst. He sure suckered a lot of people in to believe him. Everything Jill has said has actually happened. He can't even get a cabinet together because they are all so corrupt. I listen to news all day long so I know what is happening when it happens. He is going at things too FAST. Nothing is thought through before it is passed. How about the fence coming down and letting anyone who wants to come into the country and take jobs from American citizens? Just last week 300,000 jobs were given to illegals instead of Americans. Mistake? I think not. Don't give me any bull about them doing work that Americans won't do either. That is not always true. My son found a job after 8 months of diligently searching. He is bagging fertilizer and glad to have a job.

You go Jill. Some of us believe and others wouldn't believe the truth unless they are hit over the head with it. Which should happen sometime in the next year, I would guess. I hope I am wrong but I honestly don't think things being done are going to help. They are going to hurt a lot of people.

Do you know what a trillion dollars is?

From the time Jesus was born, lets deal in whole number so lets go with 2009 years at 365 days a year. Divide a trillion by 733,285 days and that is $1,363,726.25 per day or 1.3 millions dollars for every day since Jesus was born.....just to put it in something we can understand. And that is just one trillion.

This is a good site to check out...

Interesting Website

And this is a utube video that might interest you...

What is so frustrating to me is the people who "thought" or said Pres Bush was so dumb because he mispronounced some words, haven't said a word about this guy who can't speak a complete, intelligent, sentence without a teleprompter.

Then he makes fun of Special Olympics.
default_no.gif

He talked a lot of younger people into believing he could "make a difference". I had never even heard of this man before the race and thinking to myself, no way is he going to be there in the end and then look what happens. He has absolutely no experience. If this was a normal job, would he have gotten it with no experience. No. And where did he get the money to run for president? He speaks in circles and avoids making direct answers. What I can't understand is why they made a big deal out of Romney being Mormon. Just going back in time and trying to figure out how this guy made it. Obviously McKane was not the correct choice for the republicans and I think Hillary would have been a mistake because of Billy boy. I figure if she sticks with a guy who has girls under his desk, she has no backbone. So, with all this said, was there any good choice because the public, not me, elected someone with no experience, like hiring a 12 year old to run Microsoft. I am with you all the way Jill. Sorry for the rambling, just aggravated.

Excuse me Bassett, but IMO Jill is wrong. I voted for Obama, I am GLAD I voted for Obama. I don't feel duped or tricked or betrayed or whatever you're trying to imply I should feel.

I am VERY happy with him so far. He has not been perfect-no one can be, but I like where he's going.

Hmmm... so we are to excuse Bush for the enormous deficit he left us all with. Trillions. Seriously? Alrighty then. That is all magically forgiven and all is well and this whole mess happened overnight! And do not fall back on the but Democrats were the majority for the past 2 years defense... this slide was set in motion long before that... and little was done to try and slow it down.

It took years to get into this mess - and anyone who thinks it can be changed overnight is delusional. Many of us said that in the election threads here that it would not happen quickly. Obama has said the same thing. So have many Republican pundits.

I may not approve of the rush to try and set things right or a lot of the details involved - but at least the attempt is being made. We'll have to see how it plays out. Doing NOTHING was also not the solution.

But when I see dear old Dick Cheney advising us all solemnly that because he is no longer pulling strings - that we are all in great danger... I get annoyed. Carefully crafted fear-mongering at its finest - and he apparently sees no reason to stop doing it even though he has no more strings to pull and is no longer in office. He was the mastermind of the Mission Accomplished fiasco. Unfortunately, Americans were not as gullible as he hoped they were.

I'll take chatting with Jay Leno over ridiculous stunts like that any day.
default_no.gif

Needs to spend less time on Late Night talk shows and "leaving" Washington, and get something done.
Leaving Washington? Well, he will have a hard time ever catching up to Bush... who had the most vacation days of any sitting President.

You know - away from Washington.

and people wonder why I rarely come to the forum anymore...

Oh, Laura
default_smile.png

If everyone on the forum AGREED with me, I wouldn't come here much.

I already am familiar with my own opinions and with what I know about life and horses. Getting to hear other perspectives and experiences is a huge part of why I come here so much.

Jill

I'm curious.....why is it that Obama supporters always seem to feel the need to attack Bush. Yes Bush did a lot of things we (including people who voted for him) didn't like, but how does attacking him justify Obama's actions? Bush is gone....the ball is in Obama's court.

While his appearance on the talk shows might seem "folksy" I agree that I'd like to see him spending that time accomplishing something rather than to keep trying to convince people that he's such a down to earth guy next door.

The nice thing, Appy, is that we have a President that can multitask. He can get enough work done in a day that he has time to make public appearances and talk about basketball and generally be a human being while he does his job. Kinda like how he didn't have to suspend his campaign during the financial crisis (unlike some other candidates, who said they would and then, you know, didn't). He can do two things at once.

Jill, I know a lot of people are upset over the debt this stimulus package has put us in. It is a LOT of money. But what is that saying? You gotta spend money to make money? I haven't been viewing it as debt, I've been viewing it as an investment in the future of our nation because that's exactly what it is.

In this stimulus package, there is a lot of funding going to GOOD places. Propublica has a pretty good breakdown of what's in the bill and how much they're getting: http://www.propublica.org/special/the-stim..._accountability

Look at how many 'rural' and 'farm' causes are getting some benefit from this. That's going to help a few of the families and businesses hit hardest by the recession, isn't it? There's funding set aside for farm loans, which might help keep some of those family owned farms afloat. Anything that supports agriculture in this country is going to end up supporting us all.

There's a few things about WIC and other programs that help make sure children of impoverished families are getting the nutrition they need. Say what you will about handouts, but when it comes to kids, I want to know they aren't going hungry. There are so, so many studies linking hunger and poor nutrition to poor performance in the classroom. By making sure these children are eating and eating right, we're giving them a better shot at a better future.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to pick out parts of this I like but every time I get a good summary going I find something else and it gets longer. Look at what's under education! Energy! Health Care!

This is not just taking a wad of cash and trying to use it to patch a hole in our leaky economy. We're building a better dam altogether.

Obama is a typical politicion. He made way to many promises and he will not be able to keep even a part of them.
default_no.gif
He spent enough money getting into office to have funded the auto industry himself. (and where did that all come from anyway) My personal opinion is he bought his way in. Mind I said MY personal opinion. To each their own. I am with Jill 100% . Time will tell.

Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back